Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Which auto trans lines to radiator are which?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which auto transmission cooling lines to radiator are which?

Hey all -

I'm reworking a mess I found on the transmission cooler lines from my trucks previous owner.

The aluminum hard hard lines from the transmission have been cut and rubber hose was used to connect to the radiator.

Can someone help confirm which lines are which? I think the hardline that connects to the transmission is the "feed" line to the radiator and the rear line is the return. Does this sound right?

Also, which side of the radiator is the matching feed line and which is the return to transmission side? I think my radiator isn't the OEM radiator and I I'm not sure the lines were installed correctly (not sure if the direction actually matters either).

When end I pulled the entire mess of multiple hose connections down, I didn't record or mark which was which.

Thanks!!

Last edited by spddm0n; 04-24-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:11 AM

Ok, so I figured it out. It's getting tougher to find online diagrams...

The line that originates toward the back of the transmission (longer one) is the feed line, or "outlet" from the transmission (P/N: 32922-35120). This makes a 180deg turn at the end of the line, into the input on the passenger side of the radiator. The line that originates toward the front of the transmission (the shorter one) is the return line, or "inlet" (P/N: 32921-35130). This line connects to the driver side of the radiator. Granted, I think my radiator isn't the original radiator, but I think they should all have an input/outlet on each side of the radiator.

Last edited by spddm0n; 04-25-2017 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:36 PM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
youre a lifesaver. ive been lowkey looking for this info for ages. now i can get my B&M trans cooler installed. THANKS!!
Old 04-26-2017, 09:33 PM

Yeah, glad it helps. . I was having a hard time figuring that out too. . I think mine were actually backwards (since the ends were already hacked off). I'm not sure what the net result would be pushing the transmission fluid through the radiator in the opposite direction, but I'm glad to have it correct now. :-)