86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

94 4WD Extended Cab Parking Brake Cable

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 94 4WD Extended Cab Parking Brake Cable

I need a new front parking brake cable for my 94 4WD extended cab 3.0. Why does it cost so much? My local parts store wants $95 for this cable. All the others are so cheap. It shows the V-6 being 95 dollars. Why can't i use one for a 4 cyl? I dont have $100 for a cable. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:01 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

I have never had good luck with after market cables for some reason they never seem to fit correct or I just have bad luck

Just where is yours broken at ??

Compare the length of your cable to the 4 cylinder one might be the same cable just two different part numbers

Maybe check Rock Auto 2 different make Extended cab Front cables for $20.00 worth looking at
Old 02-02-2017, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you.

I will check the length. It broke around the pulley area at the bottom of the handle. It broke about 10 years ago, the same area. I need another handle assembly. The ratchet is not working on mine, so it will not lock. When it broke the first time, the handle came flying out of the assembly. The brake light pin that operates the switch sheared off. Ha ha. When it broke the other day, it came flying out again! Nothing to hold it in now, just the cable.I have seen the handle assemblies on eBay for a decent price. I was too cheap to buy one. Now i can't find one. I think they will work from all 89-95 trucks, and Forerunners. I believe only the cables are different. Please advise on the handle fitment if you know? Thanks again.