86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

94 4runner 3vz heater problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 94 4runner 3vz heater problem

Hi my truck heater make me freak out at the back the heater go nice but the front heater only have warmed air on defrost and at the floor still cold I flushed the core rad twice but I dont think that is the problem .

any idea thanks

Last edited by harleyman711; 03-26-2017 at 05:17 AM.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:00 PM

Since your rear heater seems to be working well enough, your issue sounds like a blend problem, not a coolant flow problem.
IIRC the air blend doors are controlled by rods connected to the blend control sliders by cables. Shortly after we got our '94 I had a blend problem, and I found one of the rods had slipped out of the plastic collar it fits into at the door pivot. Check and see if the rods move properly when you move the cold/warm and blend sliders, and see whether it looks like they're firmly held by the teeth in those plastic collars.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:09 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
does the front blower heater work on all speeds or just barely?
if only one or two speeds check your fan switch and the blower motor resistor
mine had similar symptoms and here is what I found
Originally Posted by dropzone
one of the things that bugged me when i decided to take on this project was that the fan had one speed, and no A/C. Pulled the dash parts boxes i had from the 4runner shell i had.
Found a good fan switch with the a/c controls and started to pull apart the dash.
i was very happy () to evidence of a short

the new 4 speed switch is on the left and the one speed on the right, you can see some melting on the right switch

sure enough,the old switch had shorted for some reason in the past..probably the quality stereo install work

evidence of the quality that went into the stereo install, wiring from the Goodwill...

i hate leaving a project in this state but ran out of time

The Upside is that I now have all Fan speeds and working A/C
Originally Posted by dropzone
I went ahead and replaced the blower motor resistor today after doing a little more research and learning it could contribute to killing the fan switch
I'd like to have a talk with the genious at Toyota who decided to put a failure prone point in such a convience place (tucked under the blower unit on the right side tucked up against the firewall)
I went ahead and pulled the glove box hoping for a little more room.

got it out after a few minutes and cussing, not the easiest thing to get out.
if you need to having a 7mm wrench helps on the back screw/bolt, you can get to the visible screw with a screwdriver or nut driver.
new one on the left, old one on the right..old one was slightly tarnished.
new one should offer a few years of good service
Another possible cause could a mouse nest inside your blower unit or other part of the system
Old 04-02-2017, 02:38 PM

Sorry to be late but if fund the problem it was the pivote of the blend door was broken so i replace all the air blend box .
what mess loll but now the problem is fix

thanks