Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

93 truck 4x4 Front Lean help????

Old 02-04-2017, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 truck 4x4 Front Lean help????

Trying to figure out on my 93 4x4 what could be causing the front drivers side to be leaning. Looking at the truck from the front it appears that it is almost sagging or leaning like there is weight on that side. From the rear same thing when measuring from the ground to top of fender it is about 1-1.5" lower. In ideas, causes, or known things that could be causing this or is causing this. I don't know if shocks could be causing it or something like that? I would think if shocks or something in front end worn out the other side would be doing the same things as they are original shocks to the truck. Just for the record i have looked and can't or don't see any way to adjust the front up higher to correct. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2017, 08:55 PM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
Ride height adjustment is part of a full alignment, take it to the shop?

Or adjust the torsion bars, consult your service manual for exact method and specifications. It consists of turning one adjustment bolt and is covered in depth in several threads. Best practice says to have spare adjustment bolts on hand Incase it snaps off..

Sorry if that seems harsh but you don't seem to have researched any at all. Else wise you'd of been more interested in why the left side was sagging when predominantly it's the right side that sags due to the weight of the fuel tank and misc extra weight on that side of the engine. And the answer to that is more load on the left for whatever reason..
Old 02-05-2017, 05:40 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
any really big owners in the past history of this truck?
Don't laugh but have seen this happen in trucks/cars I have looked at to buy in the past
Old 02-05-2017, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Co_94_PU
Ride height adjustment is part of a full alignment, take it to the shop?

Or adjust the torsion bars, consult your service manual for exact method and specifications. It consists of turning one adjustment bolt and is covered in depth in several threads. Best practice says to have spare adjustment bolts on hand Incase it snaps off..

Sorry if that seems harsh but you don't seem to have researched any at all. Else wise you'd of been more interested in why the left side was sagging when predominantly it's the right side that sags due to the weight of the fuel tank and misc extra weight on that side of the engine. And the answer to that is more load on the left for whatever reason..

No sir not harsh at all! While i did not research on the internet first i did get under the truck and look and didn't see any way to adjust the front height. Not saying there is not away but i didn't see. Can a wheel alignment by itself raise or adjust the height on one side or the other? What can i google or research on this forum to help me find the answers. Again thanks for all the help!
Old 02-05-2017, 07:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...s-lift-169302/

"Or adjust the torsion bars, consult your service manual for exact method and specifications. It consists of turning one adjustment bolt and is covered in depth in several threads. Best practice says to have spare adjustment bolts on hand Incase it snaps off.."

and they do snap. Wouldn't hurt to keep a jack stand under the truck with you.

Last edited by flg8r22; 02-05-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:46 AM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
A full alignment means well a full alignment, that includes centering the steering wheel adjusting the ride height, toe in, camber, and caster where applicable.

I didn't check out that link reference..

You very much need to put the front end on jack stands with no load on the tires a arm or torsion bars! It's inconvenient but less so than getting flattened. Keep track of your adjustments on paper as you do them, +1/2 turn -1/8 and so on as you raise lower and roll the vehicle back and forth and repeat as needed to get everything even.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:37 PM

Gentleman after studying what y'all said. I was able to get it within a 16th of a inch. All is good now. Thanks

Search this Thread