Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

89 4runner amazing exhaust video (for those who said it sucks)

Old 07-26-2011, 04:07 PM

Location: HUNTERSVILLE/CHARLOTTE/LINCOLNTON, GOOD OL NORTH CAROLINA!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 89 4runner amazing exhaust video (for those who said it sucks)

Here's the video of my exhuast its loud and sounds Great

Some people said it sucks here's to the a holes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=F3h55RtVsFg

Last edited by ironmaidn23; 07-26-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:16 PM

let your engine build up oil pressure before you start revving the gummy bears out of it. and your truck sounds like a honda on the top end but that goes with your street glow sticker and gay tail lights. your exhaust sucks.

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 07-27-2011 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language
Old 07-26-2011, 04:44 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by laskt9
let your engine build up oil pressure before you start revving the gummy bears out of it. and your truck sounds like a honda on the top end but that goes with your street glow sticker and gay tail lights. your exhaust sucks.
lol. x2
but seriously do what you want. At least it's not like other members booty fabbing a bumper or sliders and claiming them to be strong and the booger welds are holding up. That is a clean 4runner and if you hold onto it i would be willing to bet you'll change it up multiple times. I had my last pickup since i was 17 and it went through some changes over the years. After dumping money into what looks cool for a few years you might find later that what was cool then is retarded now. Lockers, armor, gears, good suspension, on the other hand will always look cool and is a better investment. I checked out your build as well. I like the red. For a macco job it doesn't look bad.

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 07-27-2011 at 05:09 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
lol. x2
but seriously do what you want. At least it's not like other members booty fabbing a bumper or sliders and claiming them to be strong and the booger welds are holding up. That is a clean 4runner and if you hold onto it i would be willing to bet you'll change it up multiple times. I had my last pickup since i was 17 and it went through some changes over the years. After dumping money into what looks cool for a few years you might find later that what was cool then is retarded now. Lockers, armor, gears, good suspension, on the other hand will always look cool and is a better investment. I checked out your build as well. I like the red. For a macco job it doesn't look bad.
I don't nessarily like the look of the muffler but it sounds good to me lol I want a cherry bomb glasspack what do you think?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by laskt9
What's gay about blacker out twilight's? And yea I have second thoughts on the streetglow but the exhuast defaintly doesnt sound like a honda

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 07-27-2011 at 05:09 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:12 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
with as many exhausts there are to choose from for me i would get a borla exhaust system as they are tough as nails, sound good, and aren't too loud. Like i said you're going to do what you want and you and i have different tastes in exhaust so get a flowmaster 44 series if you want loud. Magnaflow sounds good as well but i don't have any personal experience with them. A glasspack is just going to be annoying and people will hear you from a mile away. "sounds good" doesn't get you out into the woods. And "sounds good" doesn't get you unstuck or home. It just well, "sounds good" Glasspacks will let the cops know you're around as well i personally would like to avoid Johnny law if at all possible.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by ironmaidn23
What's gay about blacker out twilight's? And yea I have second thoughts on the streetglow but the exhuast defaintly doesnt sound like a honda
the guy after we said it well. do what you want, but youre driving a truck not a tuner. go to autozone and pick up the "haynes xtreme customizing: sport compact customizing" book. the steering wheel, seat covers, tail lights, street glow, interior lights, pepboys subs, universal intake and exhaust are all in there. its pretty obvious youre young and like i said, do what you want, but think about things before you do it and certainly dont make a video to "prove a point that [your exhaust] clearly does not suck" just because someone doesnt agree with your style.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Paint looks to be in good shape, looks real nice. You didn't take the direction I would have taken (look at my build thread ) but to each their own. Mightymouse made some very good points, the things like lockers, sliders, gears and recovery equipment will always be useful and not just there because "they're cool". They may even save your life in a sticky situation. Either way, you do what you like.

Exhaust is way too loud in my opinion, i'm always trying to find ways to quiet mine down.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:56 PM

your right it dont suck it blows its not a honda its a 4x4
Old 07-26-2011, 07:41 PM

At the end of your video it looked like your idle was really low. As long as you're happy with your exhaust and it gets the job done who cares what anyone else thinks.

The paint job is nice and shiny but I would've left it with the stock paint and black top and spent the $1000 on tires/wheels/shocks or maybe some headers or just general maintenance/tune up stuff.

That said, it's your truck and my opinion doesn't really matter, as long as you're happy with it. Like others have said, what you are doing is a little "different" for this site so try to take it as constructive criticism from guys who have owned, worked on, and kept these old trucks running for years.

It's good to see young people taking an interest in these old, reliable trucks. I would just hate to see you spend all your money on flashing lights and such and then have it break down and not be able to repair it because you spent all your money on frivolous accessories.

Welcome to Yotatech my friend.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:05 PM

Hahahaha. My goodness that video made me laugh. But, to each his own.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
theres a few people that posted in this thread (not gonna mention names) that made me think i was on pirate for a second there.

come on, its yotatech!! if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all!!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:05 PM

not only can you see it coming, but now you can hear it coming too!

just messin around.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by ironmaidn23
I don't nessarily like the look of the muffler but it sounds good to me lol I want a cherry bomb glasspack what do you think?

OUCH!! nix the glass pack, There is a company that still makes chambred exhaust (what a glass pack tries to be) it will get you a decent throaty sound with out all the poppity poppity sound after the packing blows out.I use them on my Mustang(with great results) and have already ordered a 28" 3.0 in/out for my 4runner, itll get rid of the "wanna be a tuner" sound and give you a mellow deep purr.

Last edited by Mikel1871; 08-06-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:55 PM

He likes it, it's his truck, if it affect performance he'll find out and change it, if it's to loud the cops will let him know, if we all liked the same things it would be a boring world ;}
Old 08-06-2011, 02:02 PM

You are amusing man... You gonna keep re-posting all over yotatech and on the internet until you find enough people that like it?

The way you act is definitely showing your age. You like it... Everyone else doesn't. Who cares... Only YoU really do. BTW it looks/sounds like a crappy ebay pepboys honda muffler POS... but who cares. You like it... Accept that you like it!!! And that is all that matters!! So stop re-posting.

Get over it. Learn to not give a crap about what people think. It will make you a better person. And stop re-posting. It is annoying. Go do some more stuff to your truck... Like sending the exhaust out the left side... derr..

Good luck with yer truck kid! No more revving right after you start it up... geeze. And no more exhaust vids... Unless it is to show how you re-directed it... PlZ

^^and what he said about the whole we don't want a boring world. Everyone needs a good laugh sometimes...

Last edited by 4x4climber; 08-06-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by dridge
your right it dont suck it blows its not a honda its a 4x4
haha this guy has been a member since 2009 and this video compelled him to make his first post. Sorry to give this kid a bump, it's late and this observation made me laugh.

Last edited by vasinvictor; 08-07-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:11 AM

That 4runner has such potential too! It's a shame to see it go to waste like that.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:44 AM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
well.

wasn't going to comment....but I will.

not so much liking the exhaust......but it sounds cool.....just kinda sure you are gonna hate it's droning sound after a while or you may just block it out after a while too....kinda like being married.

4runner is clean and tight. great job on the details. assuming I remember correctly from glancing at your build thread, you have the 3vze. save your pennies, invest in a rebuild kit....put that in the closet...cuz it's gonna happen. get a set of headers.....I am partial to Doug Thorley 505's because that's what we did to my son's. with that intake (and, I could be full of crap) your truck can breathe in better but not so much exhale better. get rid of the stock manifolds and crossover pipe and open up it's airway for good. invest in a nice muffler and you will have a nice rumble because you have unlocked some power in this thing.

you are definitely right....this is a true beauty and take care not to hack it to high hell.....invest in some moderately aggressive 31's or 33's and that's all you are gonna need.....no fender flares....no lift. if you need extra height, do the ZUK-mod and some BJ spacers up front.

the 1st time you go over a little whoop-de-doo kinda mound of dirt, you are probably gonna slam those exhaust tips and pinch them shut. my personal sentiment is to enjoy the exhaust note you have now and then do the headers and proper exhaust plumbing and enjoy care-free wheeling.

PS.......my truck looks like crap......runs like a top and could likely climb a wall....I like it that way.

your money has been well spent on your projects thus far I will say. but now you need to spend some on the not so easily seen mods and let those mods speak for themselves.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:00 AM

why do you have a build thread if you keep starting more threads?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 89 4runner amazing exhaust video (for those who said it sucks)