86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

88 4runner lift kit question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
88 4runner lift kit question.

Slowly sorting out my power issue when i took a peak underneath to glance at my almost flat looking leafsprings when i notice the bushing and bolt for my driver rear shock is gone and nothing holds it shy of pressure. So ill make a bracket to hold it on for the moment but im looking for a 3-4in lift kits with all intentions of replacing the old leafsprings and shocks for heavier ones(ill fabricate some new bumpers for her later on) question is as brands go which are the yays and which are the nays from yalls experience?
Old 03-02-2017, 04:13 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Fugen183
Slowly sorting out my power issue when i took a peak underneath to glance at my almost flat looking leafsprings when i notice the bushing and bolt for my driver rear shock is gone and nothing holds it shy of pressure. So ill make a bracket to hold it on for the moment but im looking for a 3-4in lift kits with all intentions of replacing the old leafsprings and shocks for heavier ones(ill fabricate some new bumpers for her later on) question is as brands go which are the yays and which are the nays from yalls experience?
Best ride and performance will come from longer than stock lift springs. I put a set of chevy 63" on mine. Nice ride good flex.

Trailgear, Allpro, Alcan, Deaver, Marlin... All have longer lift springs. Trailgear springs had a bad rep for awhile but haven't seen any complaints in last couple years. I ran and am selling Allpro springs. Good ride good flex. Alcans are made to your rig so from what I've read awesome on ride and flex, don't know if made in stock length.