86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

4runner coils i want new ones

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4runner coils i want new ones

I have airbags with coils around them but the airbags leak and hold no air wont even put air in them to many cracks

i want new coils

what is the best way to go and how to go

and i want coil spacers to im gonna be adding bj spacers possibly just to 100% clear 35's which i have a tire here im gonna try on just to check if i clear. im gonna put it on both sides on the front and both sides on the back and test it turning left to right and how much clearance is in the back when there on.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get some fj-80 coils for the rear.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remember that you'll also need new shocks (longer) and that you should/will have to do something regarding the rear track bar (panhard bar) to get the rear axle re-centered under that truck and also the get the track bar close to parallel again.

Fred
Old 05-19-2009, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by FredTJ
Remember that you'll also need new shocks (longer) and that you should/will have to do something regarding the rear track bar (panhard bar) to get the rear axle re-centered under that truck and also the get the track bar close to parallel again.

Fred
i have two rear coils that arent stock with the truck

they have airbags inside of the coils.

i want new ones because they dont hold air and wont pump up i want flexy nice coils to play with you think i would need shocks then?? i already have rs9000's under the truck too.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Countryhick
i have two rear coils that arent stock with the truck

they have airbags inside of the coils.

i want new ones because they dont hold air and wont pump up i want flexy nice coils to play with you think i would need shocks then?? i already have rs9000's under the truck too.
Doesn't matter what make of shocks you have now, if you raise the vehicle (suspension lift), then you'll need longer shocks (assuming the ones you have now are correctly sized). You'll also have to do something with the rear track bar to keep the axle centered under the vehicle.

You sig claims 5" of suspension lift. Highly doubtful that you have that on the vehicle.

You may wish to search some and try to get some information about what suspension lifting is all about and what it takes to do it correctly and safely, not impacting the handling of the vehicle.

BTW, the valving of the shocks really have more to do with the ride quality (flex or lack of) than the spring rate of the springs.

Fred
Old 05-19-2009, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by FredTJ
Doesn't matter what make of shocks you have now, if you raise the vehicle (suspension lift), then you'll need longer shocks (assuming the ones you have now are correctly sized). You'll also have to do something with the rear track bar to keep the axle centered under the vehicle.

You sig claims 5" of suspension lift. Highly doubtful that you have that on the vehicle.

You may wish to search some and try to get some information about what suspension lifting is all about and what it takes to do it correctly and safely, not impacting the handling of the vehicle.

BTW, the valving of the shocks really have more to do with the ride quality (flex or lack of) than the spring rate of the springs.

Fred
Ha i know that. i want new coils because the air bags look rediculous

i dont want bigger or smaller i want the same size. and the springs i dont care what they do im sas'ing this summer.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Countryhick
Ha i know that. i want new coils because the air bags look rediculous

i dont want bigger or smaller i want the same size. and the springs i dont care what they do im sas'ing this summer.
Geezzzz, just remove the air bags.
Why in the world would you think that you need new coils just because the air bags are shot.

Regarding shocks, track bar, etc., I was referring to after you get coil spring spacers, which doesn't make much sense to me.
If you are/were will to buy new coils, simply because the air bags are shot, then just buy longer coils and skip the spacers. The price would be about the same for the coils.

Fred