Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

4runner 86 Bed modifications

Old 07-15-2006, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4runner 86 Bed modifications

Looking the wonderful job done lofreqjeff in his truck´s bed, I like to know is anybody wants to share more modifications, these is mine, not big think, but it works well for some kind of cargo
Attached Thumbnails 4runner 86 Bed modifications-picture-022.jpg   4runner 86 Bed modifications-picture-025.jpg  
Old 07-15-2006, 07:08 PM

thats what i wanna do, but all the way around in the rear and put some sort of security locks on the bolts for my speakers.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:31 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I've an '86 in serious need of rust work around the wheel wells, body mount bolts, and under passenger seat. I figure some rust converter and fiberglass fill in will do the trick. In my dreams of spare time, though, I'd thought of taking out the bench seat and putting in board, using the original hardware so that the board moves up and down. Acting as more cargo space when down or as a block to keep things (tools, etc.) from sliding to the back. In my BIGGEST dream, I'd take off the fiberglass top and install a fold up back window unit making the vehicle much like a Chevy Avalanche...only better! It will be a Toyota!
Your work looks good. Did you bolt that sheet metal on the seat frames?
And what's that you did on the passenger, rear side wall...where the storage hole is/was?
Old 07-20-2006, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Panchobarba for the complements!!

I didn't think what I did was all that impressive. I just cut the pannels out, took some sissors to the capet and ended up with this:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...721#post942721

I'm heading out for a 2 week vacation tomorrow morning.......But when I get back, I'll be spraying in a bedliner in the entire truck, from the firewall all the way back to the tailgate. And hopefully put the finishing touches on my custom dashboard with a grab handle for the passenger. I'll put up some pics ASAP!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:43 AM

I've been thinking of making some kind of plate for the seat backs as well. Is that steel or aluminum diamond plate? My thought was to make the plates and then rhinoline the whole bed (uncarpeted obviously ) as well as the seat backs. I want to leave my side panels in, so those won't be touched.

Brian
Old 07-20-2006, 07:10 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by lofreqjeff
I'm heading out for a 2 week vacation tomorrow morning.......But when I get back, I'll be spraying in a bedliner in the entire truck, from the firewall all the way back to the tailgate. And hopefully put the finishing touches on my custom dashboard with a grab handle for the passenger. I'll put up some pics ASAP!
Are you spraying in the liner yourself? What kind of tool are you using? I ask because I would really like to do this myself and would like to know what I need....if you don't mind.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by thook
Are you spraying in the liner yourself? What kind of tool are you using? I ask because I would really like to do this myself and would like to know what I need....if you don't mind.
Yes i used herculiner or something
Old 07-26-2006, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by thook
I've an '86 in serious need of rust work around the wheel wells, body mount bolts, and under passenger seat. I figure some rust converter and fiberglass fill in will do the trick. In my dreams of spare time, though, I'd thought of taking out the bench seat and putting in board, using the original hardware so that the board moves up and down. Acting as more cargo space when down or as a block to keep things (tools, etc.) from sliding to the back. In my BIGGEST dream, I'd take off the fiberglass top and install a fold up back window unit making the vehicle much like a Chevy Avalanche...only better! It will be a Toyota!
Your work looks good. Did you bolt that sheet metal on the seat frames?
And what's that you did on the passenger, rear side wall...where the storage hole is/was?
I bolted the sheet metal on the seat,
the storage hole is in the same place.