Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

3vze Flame Thrower Injectors Review

Old 07-15-2013, 02:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3vze Flame Thrower Injectors Review

Last week Flamethrower was offering 5 sets of his performance injectors for free to forum members so I messaged him to see if I could get a set and a week later they showed up in the mail, they came packaged well it would be hard for them to suffer any damage in the mail. If the weather holds out tommrow im gonna install them and see how they perform. Little info on my truck, 1992 4runner 3.0 auto trans 4wd. The motor is coming up on 260,000 miles on the orignal injectors I have been planning on replacing them or having them cleaned, I have a cold air intake and a catback exhaust with my cat deleted
Attached Thumbnails 3vze Flame Thrower Injectors Review-injectors.png   3vze Flame Thrower Injectors Review-injectors-1.png   3vze Flame Thrower Injectors Review-injectors-2.png  
Old 07-16-2013, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn, i always miss the freebies. injectors are on my list for replacement.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:45 AM

Well I got them installed and I am very impressed with them. The install went smooth eveything fit as it should and went straight in place my old connectors crumble as usual so i pluged in the supplied connectors and wrapped eletroical tape to make sure them didnt work there way loose. My old injectors had started to crumble on the end that sprays fuel into the engine im sure that was causing a weird spray pattern and causing some off the bad performance I was having, only set back I had was not noticing one of the crush washers had fell off when I was tighten a bolt but luckly I was still able to access with the upper intake still on. I didnt pull the fuse for the fuel pump and crank the truck to empty the fuel rails so I had a little bit of fuel come out when I unbolted the fuel lines from the fuel rails but nothing major just have a towel handy if you do it that way. Once everything was bolted back in place and ready to go I turned the key it spun over for a couple seconds till the fuel made it back to the rails then it fired right up, before the install I was having problems on cold starts my motor would turn on longer than it should before it would start and once it started it bogged down for a second then went to normal idle rpm but now it fires up soon as I turn the key and goes straight to smooth idling. Usually from a stop my truck would hesitate then take off but now soon as I touch the gas peddle it goes with no hesitating, I defentaly dont have to give it as much gas to make it go anymore at any speed the injectors really improved low end power and gives smoother power at any speed. For now I am really happy with the injectors Im gonna run a couple tanks and see how my gas milage is and ill report back with that and another review as i get more miles on them. I would highly recommend these to anyone needing new injectors or just wants a smoother running motor
Old 07-16-2013, 08:56 AM

These are my old injectors as you can see one is crumble on the end, 3 of the 6 were like this
Attached Thumbnails 3vze Flame Thrower Injectors Review-injectors-3.png   3vze Flame Thrower Injectors Review-injectors-4.png  
Old 07-16-2013, 05:37 PM

Cool review,Im interested in the fuel mileage. I sent a message to flamethrower ,hopefully i can get a set as well,but from the looks of these so far,i think i just might buy them anyway if he dosent choose me.
Did u have to change ur timing at all? Or was it truly a plug and play install?
Old 07-16-2013, 05:41 PM

Mine were plug and play, I thought about changing my timing but I want to see how it is stock first. Yea if you can't get a free set their worth buying if your in the market for new injectors
Old 07-16-2013, 06:01 PM

Yea ,my old girl is at the 190k mark..she's due but still working hard..lol
Old 07-16-2013, 06:46 PM

Well these could be the ticket to wake her up
Old 07-16-2013, 06:48 PM

Im anxious to see if ur fuel mileage is helped alittle ...any little bit helps with the 3.0..lol..ill keep posted for results
Old 07-16-2013, 06:55 PM

That's true I'll be sure to add my mileage for the next few tanks
Old 07-16-2013, 07:25 PM

I messaged him also I commute 50 miles everyday and would love better mpg. Congratulations on the gift!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:06 PM

Awesome is he sending you a set? Right now I live in the city for college I can't stand it but my commutes are short with a lot of stops hopefully soon a I can get some highway miles
Old 07-17-2013, 05:53 AM

do you know if he makes them for the 22re as well?
Old 07-17-2013, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by bbrideau
do you know if he makes them for the 22re as well?
Yes he does
Old 07-17-2013, 07:34 AM

He sure does should be some reviews popping up soon
Old 07-17-2013, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Corey Barlow
Awesome is he sending you a set? Right now I live in the city for college I can't stand it but my commutes are short with a lot of stops hopefully soon a I can get some highway miles

I wish he would that would be amazing lol. I think there's some sets left but my luck usually doesn't involve free things. But the fact he is giving sets away for FREE to members is awesome. Congratulations again can't wait to hear your mpg results.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:19 AM

So you definitely say there worth the money? Do you notice a big amount of more low end power?
Old 07-18-2013, 07:05 AM

I think there worth the money I wouldn't say big amounts of power but it is an improvement. Mostly for me it took away the hesitating I had coming from a stop sign or red light but I can say it will spin the tires now which it wouldn't do before
Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 PM

Just a little update so far still running good and I did notice gain to my gas mileage in my last tank can't say how much because I was driving harder than normal but got a full tank and I'm gonna measure this one and see exactly how much better it is. I would recommend these to any and everyone they are one of the best upgrades if not the best for the 3vze
Old 08-28-2013, 08:55 AM

Alright I've had a few solid tanks gone through now. Since the install of my injectors I've changed my tires to 35 inch toyo ats even with the bigger tires I'm getting 16mpg, I have corrected for my speedo being off. My driving is 95% highway and 5% city I'm still happy with the injectors and would recommend them to anyone

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3vze Flame Thrower Injectors Review