Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

3VZ-E Bosch injectors & broken EGR valve

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 02:32 PM
JR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 3VZ-E Bosch injectors & broken EGR valve

Truck LCE Headers and exhaust with S&B intake, rest is stock.

First problem I ran into was that I broke the EGR valve trying to remove it. I bypassed it at indicated on YotaTech. Working at night in the laneway was my second mistake, when I had it done the truck ran terrible. Waiting for weather to improve.

I had broken the upper plenum gasket and had lost one lower rubber seal from the injectors, laying on intake. Removed all injectors and tested that coils worked, all clicked. Reassembled, truck ran better but not perfect.

When removing old injectors they had some resistance removing, very fine sand around injectors and in cups. Wiped clean new Bosch injectors slide in easily and so did old ones. Next time I will replace cups and rings, believe very fine sand helped seal old injectors.

Truck idles fine but lacks power on acceleration from idle to about 2000 - 2500 RPM. Feels like a miss.

Waiting to order EGR valve, what problems had people had when they removed EGR valve?

What problems have people had install 4 pin Bosch injectors?

Tested with probe to hear all injectors firing however they all sound fine. However they are all tied together so can hear in fuel rail. Vacuum reads 0.5 psi lower than before but it is a better gauge that I have bought.

How lean did people set AFM at?

Any advice?

Thanks Hans
Old 10-14-2013, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you replace the O-rings on the injectors? If not... you might have a vacuum leak from the injectors. Also, you should have removed all the "sand". That's no good for your engine or for gaskets to seal.

Based of what you posted, you probably have a vacuum leak somewhere. Google how to check for vacuum leak.

Also, your ECU will take a couple of days to adjust to the new injectors.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:11 AM
JR

Typed a long message yesterday but lost it at my end.

Cleaned dirt out of cups, installed missing o ring at bottom of injector. The sand was very fine less than silt in size but gritty. This might have helped seal the old injectors.

Drove 500km's still had miss, however took a trip last night and it was much improved but rough roads and dusty. Taking a trip today on the highway, will let you know.

Thanks Hans
Old 10-15-2013, 08:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anything Bosch is garbage for our trucks. It's pretty common knowledge around here. Also, I wonder if you damaged your spark knock sensor wire when messing with your injectors?
Old 10-15-2013, 03:38 PM
JR

No I did not replace o rings on cups, this could allow air leaks.

Was careful not to move knock sensor wire, but with 408,000 km it could be getting weak.

Keep thinking it is an air leak but have not found any yet.

Still has miss on acceleration between off idle to 2250 RPM. Fairly smooth on highway at 3000 - 3250 RPM but still slightly rough, lacks power on hills.

With dual tanks it takes a while to get fuel economy range.

Hans
Old 10-15-2013, 05:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vasinvictor
Anything Bosch is garbage for our trucks. It's pretty common knowledge around here. Also, I wonder if you damaged your spark knock sensor wire when messing with your injectors?
In most cases yes. I am running the Bosch 4-holes in my rig and they are awesome.