Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

2jz bl?

Old 05-12-2016, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2jz bl?

so im dropping a 2jzgte into my 4runner. the motor is in still have a ways to go before its finished but since this is where the motor sits height wise im gonna either have to run a hood scoop or a body lift. i would like to stray away from a body lift if possible but dont want the hood scoop to be enormous,so my question is for a body lift is there a difference in the body mounts between the manual and auto?
Old 07-04-2016, 05:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is no difference between a body lift for a auto or manual 4Runner.

What sump oil pan are you using? Front or Rear? It's hard for me to see it in the picture.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by 8784 runner
There is no difference between a body lift for a auto or manual 4Runner.

What sump oil pan are you using? Front or Rear? It's hard for me to see it in the picture.
I had front changed it to rear already made a extension on the ypipe to clear motor mounts.installed a 2"body lift trans tunnel clears the problem is i dont think it was enough.still have to check but it seems that the intake piping may not clear.having some problems with getting it running i have maf wiring and no maf from what ive been reading is vvti uses both map and maf so im hoping thats why shes not running.still need clutch stuff.what clutch stuff are u running with that bellhousing setup
Old 07-09-2016, 08:11 PM

It was a while ago I bought everything. I'm not really sure. Take a look I think around pages 7-9 and you'll see it. As I did the thread I wanted to be sure to be specific with everything I did to make it easier for the next person. When I did my build resourcing the simplest answer was very difficult.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:01 PM

It was a while ago I bought everything. I'm not really sure. Take a look I think around pages 7-9 and you'll see it. As I did the thread I wanted to be sure to be specific with everything I did to make it easier for the next person. When I did my build resourcing the simplest answer was very difficult.
Yea i saw your one thread asking about it.saw the answer u got wasnt very informative.I just checked ur build thread before on those pages seems like using stock r151f stuff might work but not for the power but its worth a shot.i asked the guy i got the bellhousing off of he said 1jz stuff works. I guess ill give driftmotion a call to see what they have to say about it Im still in the air with it along with push vs pull.Im gonna make a build thread with everything ive done soon.hopefully itll help others and me build off that and expand some knowledge on everything
Old 07-11-2016, 06:24 AM

Im not trying to be a dick whatsoever but a little bit of research on your part will save you a lot of unnecessary work and headache. Lol I know from experience. The R151f and the R154 are the same identical tyranny. The gearing is slightly different. But the casing and the guts are 100% interchangeable. The R150, the first generation R151f, the 2nd Gen R151f and the R154 all share the same casing and internal setup.
It's just like the w58 that was used in the early to mid 80's celica. That same tyranny was used in a couple different gen's non turbo Supras and all the way to late 90's Lexus SC's.
At driftmotion he did use a hydraulic clutch setup on a Camara tyranny. But to me why reinvent the wheel when Toyota already did it for us. Thats one of the greatest things with the older Toyota's is that soooo many parts are interchangeable from vehicle to vehicle over different generations for each one.
Lol bit longer then I planned on going. But that's my thought on your dilemma
Old 07-17-2016, 08:40 AM

Im not trying to be a dick whatsoever but a little bit of research on your part will save you a lot of unnecessary work and headache. Lol I know from experience. The R151f and the R154 are the same identical tyranny. The gearing is slightly different. But the casing and the guts are 100% interchangeable. The R150, the first generation R151f, the 2nd Gen R151f and the R154 all share the same casing and internal setup.
It's just like the w58 that was used in the early to mid 80's celica. That same tyranny was used in a couple different gen's non turbo Supras and all the way to late 90's Lexus SC's.
At driftmotion he did use a hydraulic clutch setup on a Camara tyranny. But to me why reinvent the wheel when Toyota already did it for us. Thats one of the greatest things with the older Toyota's is that soooo many parts are interchangeable from vehicle to vehicle over different generations for each one.
Lol bit longer then I planned on going. But that's my thought on your dilemma
hey ive been cleaning up some stuff on there been pretty busy with work but tell me what u think about this i didnt see this when i got it and hope i dont have to change out the head doesnt look or seem like its suppose to be there

Old 07-23-2016, 07:25 PM

I maybe missing something, but I don't see anything wrong in the picture