Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

22RE smog And Vacuum deletion

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
22RE smog And Vacuum deletion

Okay... So how many guys out there would like to clean up the 22RE engine? Well you can and it's not hard. Now I'm sure some of you guys have searched for this information. I have searched as well. most of my findings just lead to bits and pieces of the puzzle. Theres a ton of information on this fir the 22R but not so much on the 22RE. Over the next few days I will be compiling a list of information on deleting vacuum lines and smog for the Fuel Injected 22RE engines.

This information will be for my truck which is a 1993 Toyota Pickup 4x4 22RE. My truck came factory with air conditioning and power steering. So I may be deleting things that are not on other models.

Now to start off I will list a few things that I've already deleted.

I have no AC so I've deleted all components to it as we'll as the EGR. In removing my AC I also removed all AC hardware. My truck was previously totaled, it would cost more to fix my AC then delete it.

Something's are useful however not needed. Most people including me will recommend the use of Block Off Plates. However I do not have the extra cash at the moment to buy them so I've made my own, which I've made using the factory hardware. To make these a welder will be needed or you can use a pop can to make a solid gasket. Either one works just fine.

Now that you know the basic I will also include that doing this will violate any Smog Laws. (Cali). I'm in WV we have no inspections of Smog. I have not verified and power gains from this, so I cannot say it will improve anything other then appearance.

Please pay close attention to every step I take. If you delete or remove more then I list, then your vehicle may or may not perform the way it should.

I'm going to stop here tonight and start back off tomorrow. I will include pictures as well as detailed instructions for everything that I remove, plug, or re route.