86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

22re consuming oil

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
22re consuming oil

I have a 91 22re with 105k just did the timing chain /hg/ and ended up using a lce egr block plate kit to move things along faster

with about 400 miles on it now I noticed it consumes oil like crazy and idk what or where it is coming from . Doesn't leak and from what I can see it doesn't smoke. Compression is good there is no blow by from pcv valve and I replaced that too. Once in awhile I'll smell oil in the cab at no specific time it's just random. Any ideas?
Vaccum lines hooked up wrong ?
Cant be valve seals cause it doesn't smoke on start up or idle or deccel
please help it's my DD and I need her to live haha
Old 01-10-2017, 06:50 AM

Received 805 Likes on 528 Posts
even though you state it isn't burning oil, or can't be valve seals, i'd pull and inspect the spark plugs. it's easy and cheap to do, and might tell you something that you otherwise can't see. if nothing else, it will confirm that you need to look elsewhere about oil consumption.

wally
Old 01-10-2017, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will do , the plugs are new within the last few weeks so I should be able to tell . What exactly am I looking for to know if its
burning oil ?
Old 01-10-2017, 03:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Danmoto42
Will do , the plugs are new within the last few weeks so I should be able to tell . What exactly am I looking for to know if its
burning oil ?
Since you just changed them, it will be easier to tell; they'll be coated in gooey black junk. I lost a piece of piston ring before my rebuild and that spark plug was coated with junk right after cleaning it.