Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

2.5" rear lift, Locker switch, rear window

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.5" rear lift, Locker switch, rear window

I'm new to the Yota community. Just picked up a 92 4runner a couple days ago and have some questions. First here's the specs:
92 4runner sas.
83 front axle
3 in lift springs
7 in shackels
32 11.5 bighorn tires
trailgear shock hoops
rancho long travel shocks
2in downie coils in the rear
arb air locker rear
60k on rebuilt 3vze with ngk plugs and wires
k&n intake.

1.Ok so I read the rear window motors have to be taken care of but mines already out(well so I was told) how do I go about getting the rear gate open so I can investigate the issue further?

2.I need to lift the rear up about 2.5 inches to level the ride height out. I don't have a whole lot of money to throw at it at the moment so what would be the easiest, cheapest, but still safe way to do that? (it has coils in the rear and I don't have much experience with that)

3.I need new switches for my air locker..there are two on my center console. 5 prong, 3 on the right 2 on the left. My question Is why are there 2 switches, what kind of switch should I look for, and how do I know where to connect which wires to on the new switch?

Ok so I think that's it for now, I know it's kind of alot and I appreciate any help that I get.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:39 PM

Crap, one more question. Important one. I discovered that occasionally my driver side door after being locked won't open. As long as I keep it from ever locking it opens everytime. I took my door panel off and couldn't figure out what it would be. I need to get it figured out so I can actually lock my rig. Anyone have a similar issue or know what the problem could be? Thanks a ton for any help guys
Old 05-26-2011, 01:43 AM

1. welcome to yotatech, give the search function a try, it helps alot

2. you can pull the carpet panel off of the tailgate (it just uses clips) then unscrew the panel to expose the track and motor for the rear window (there is also the relay hidden behind the drivers side rear storage compartment, check the circuits there, could be an easy fix, also the switch at the front could be cause it to not work)

3. you can try coil spring spacers in the rear to level it out (http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...ngSpacer.shtml) 4crawlers site is full of useful information

or your shackles can be shortened to reduce the amount of lift in the front, thus evening out the ride height. (http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...shtml#Shackles)

4. you said you have an arb locker. arb lockers use air, do you have an on-board compressor? or just a tank? (the second switch your seeing may be to turn the compressor on before you activate the locker, just a thought) the actual switch and other assorted arb air locker parts can be found here (http://www.4by4connection.com/arbairlocrep.html)

5. a picture of the inside of the door can help solve this, no ideas off the top of my head

once again, welcome to yotatech, enjoy your stay, give the search button a try, hope i was of some help, picture are a great tool in help solve even the most minor problems
Old 05-26-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by NCalDyer
1. welcome to yotatech, give the search function a try, it helps alot

2. you can pull the carpet panel off of the tailgate (it just uses clips) then unscrew the panel to expose the track and motor for the rear window (there is also the relay hidden behind the drivers side rear storage compartment, check the circuits there, could be an easy fix, also the switch at the front could be cause it to not work)

3. you can try coil spring spacers in the rear to level it out (http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...ngSpacer.shtml) 4crawlers site is full of useful information

or your shackles can be shortened to reduce the amount of lift in the front, thus evening out the ride height. (http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...shtml#Shackles)

4. you said you have an arb locker. arb lockers use air, do you have an on-board compressor? or just a tank? (the second switch your seeing may be to turn the compressor on before you activate the locker, just a thought) the actual switch and other assorted arb air locker parts can be found here (http://www.4by4connection.com/arbairlocrep.html)

5. a picture of the inside of the door can help solve this, no ideas off the top of my head

once again, welcome to yotatech, enjoy your stay, give the search button a try, hope i was of some help, picture are a great tool in help solve even the most minor problems
I did search for most of it but couldn't find exactly what I needed. Other than the lift one but Thought I'd ask while asking a bunch of questions to see if anybody had any other suggestions.

I do have a compressor as well as a tank so that could be why there are two. Can anyone confirm that? Thanks

Thanks for the info on the rear window.

Il try taking a picture inside the door but my problem was I can't barely see in there to figure out what the problem might be. I can tell of something sticking or if a levers missing. I was just really hoping it has happened to someone else and they figured it out.

Thanks for the help though