Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

1994 Toyota 4Runner bucking and fuel cutout

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 Toyota 4Runner bucking and fuel cutout

hey guys, i have a 1994 toyota 4runner with the 3.0 and a 5spd. i have recently replaced the clutch, tps, coolant temp sensor and the air intake hose as well as replaced the air filter and did an oil change. recently i noticed when cruising down the highway or around highway speeds, i will experience a brief cutoff, kinda feels like i am using the engine to brake, but im not, im driving. its very subtle and was only noticeable on a smooth road. today i was driving and while keeping a constant speed, it started bucking, like it would if there was a ton of slack in the drive train during a rough takeoff. on top of all that when cruising at times, i will go to accelerate and experience quite a bit of lag between giving the engine gas and actually accelerating. i can hear the engine receiving the fuel but my rpms stay the same and im not getting any power, i eventually get power a few seconds later. i am completely at a loss, im really hoping its not the clutch. any help or advise is greatly appreciated.