86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1/4 panels

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1/4 panels

I was trying to find rear 1/4 panels for my 2nd gen 4runner and have had no luck. Does anyone know if they are available? I have a dent by the rear light and it is getting rotten around the wheels and rear doors.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by cdextreme
I was trying to find rear 1/4 panels for my 2nd gen 4runner and have had no luck. Does anyone know if they are available? I have a dent by the rear light and it is getting rotten around the wheels and rear doors.
Where are you located? I had both my rear panels done last year. I had the same problem trying to find them so the autobody place that I went to ordered in a set for the same year of pickup, only had to do a little bit of cutting on them to make them fit, cut out the old section, weld in the new and we are good to go. I'm making a call right now to them to see where he got them from. If your interested in that route if you can't find the proper ones where you are let me know. Mike.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:56 AM

Try these guys: http://www.alfaparts.net/

I found them online but ended up opting for the bonda hair cheap fix for something i'll probably end up smashing or trimming.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by michael1963
Where are you located? I had both my rear panels done last year. I had the same problem trying to find them so the autobody place that I went to ordered in a set for the same year of pickup, only had to do a little bit of cutting on them to make them fit, cut out the old section, weld in the new and we are good to go. I'm making a call right now to them to see where he got them from. If your interested in that route if you can't find the proper ones where you are let me know. Mike.
How the heck did you get a pickup bedside to fit on your 4Runner?!

Unless you are talking about fenders, the quarter panel on a truck is the rear wheel wells, and they are not the same as a 4Runner which obviously does not have a bed.

OP: The only place to get a new quarter is at the dealer, so I would check around to wrecking yards to see what you can find. Your location would help as well.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:00 PM

the other option is: http://toyotafiberglass.com/4runner.htm

or these may also solve your problem: http://addictedoffroad.com/cornerpanels.html
Old 06-10-2010, 12:18 PM

[quote=DeathCougar;51471396]How the heck did you get a pickup bedside to fit on your 4Runner?!

Unless you are talking about fenders, the quarter panel on a truck is the rear wheel wells, and they are not the same as a 4Runner which obviously does not have a bed.

I didn't fit the whole 1/4 panel on my 4Runner....I guess I should have said 'fenders' in the first place....sorry if you were trying to imagine what that would have looked like...yes, just the fenders.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the help. Wolf looks to be the way as far as new panels. Bad thing about wreckers is you waste alot of time for probably a bad panel.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Thanks for the help. Wolf looks to be the way as far as new panels. Bad thing about wreckers is you waste alot of time for probably a bad panel.
You must be on the east coast, or Canada where they foolishly salt the roads.

No rust issues round these here parts
Old 06-10-2010, 06:14 PM

I live in Canada tis true. We use a little salt but mostly sand. It would be nice to have no winter.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I live in Canada tis true. We use a little salt but mostly sand. It would be nice to have no winter.
Amen.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tell me about it. Rust is ugly.
Bushwacker flares covers a LARGE amount of rust, just nicely.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:39 AM

Received 273 Likes on 184 Posts
yep , we have 1/4r's .. we're always booking about 2 months in advance .. so there is a wait for the panels . we are even in Canada .

you can see our strength test vids here .. very strong ! http://www.toyotafiberglass.com/new_page_2.htm also com carnage pics on our customer picture page http://www.toyotafiberglass.com/custpictures.htm

also install here http://www.toyotafiberglass.com/1_4_install.htm

We also have custom 3" flared fenders and 1/4rs .. + this year we are building a custom hi clearance 1/4 . These will match our very popular hi clearance fronts

Old 06-11-2010, 07:26 AM

Slacker, you forgot to mention the best part... fiberglass won't rust
Old 02-18-2013, 03:02 AM
Contributing Member

You ever fix your rusted 1/2 problems? I am looking into my best options here right now. I want to do a do a steel replacement panel but I don't need the whole thing, Just the bottom... and the whole dam thing is soo expansive.

http://www.parts.com/parts/1990/TOYO...iagram=8409510

I would like to go with fiberglass panel because its cheaper, it doesn't rust but anything fiberglass is a pain to paint. Another thing is I also live in this beautiful place called Canada, Now with a fiberglass panel in this climate I'm afraid that my investment won't last. I know Slacker that the panels are tough, I've watched all your videos but what I am most worried about is the expanding and contrasting rate of fiberglass and the flimsy sheet metal on our yota's for that they are different and the panel could debond and/our crack. Am I just biting my nails for nothing? If anyone could shine some light on this that would be wicked! I plan to get something done this summer as far as body work goes.

http://www.toyotafiberglass.com/4runner_11.html
Old 02-18-2013, 06:13 AM

Fiberglass panels are no harder to paint than anything else.

I am a painter, and I approve this message. Lol.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:12 PM

Received 273 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by Yodaforce
Fiberglass panels are no harder to paint than anything else.

I am a painter, and I approve this message. Lol.
TRUE

Originally Posted by matt1992
You ever fix your rusted 1/2 problems? I am looking into my best options here right now. I want to do a do a steel replacement panel but I don't need the whole thing, Just the bottom... and the whole dam thing is soo expansive.

http://www.parts.com/parts/1990/TOYO...iagram=8409510

I would like to go with fiberglass panel because its cheaper, it doesn't rust but anything fiberglass is a pain to paint. Another thing is I also live in this beautiful place called Canada, Now with a fiberglass panel in this climate I'm afraid that my investment won't last. I know Slacker that the panels are tough, I've watched all your videos but what I am most worried about is the expanding and contrasting rate of fiberglass and the flimsy sheet metal on our yota's for that they are different and the panel could debond and/our crack. Am I just biting my nails for nothing? If anyone could shine some light on this that would be wicked! I plan to get something done this summer as far as body work goes.

http://www.toyotafiberglass.com/4runner_11.html
Not necessarly cheeper , but BETTER .
OUR fiberglass is not like others , and FRP has made many advances in products over the years , just like any other industry .
We are in Canada , get the same weather as you , 40 below to 40 above . We have formulated special resins expecially for our market .. TESTED for 15 years !! OUR products are tough , and last . way better then steel in so many ways . We dont get "shrinkage" in our pieces , and spider cracks are vurtially non existant .. ever !! , well not from normal use anyway , and I have NEVER seen any in our pieces .
OUR FRP is the future

Last edited by slacker; 02-18-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 86 longbed. Several fiberglass businesses have been recommended but unfortunately they only sell the short bed or Canadian models. Does anyone have a suggestion for quarter panels in stainless steel of fiberglass for the long bed?