84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Help!!!

Old 12-18-2008, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!!

hey guys im new to the site and got a question.

i have an 85 Toyota pickup standard cab and my problem is the lspv is leaking and its leaking pretty bad.

what my question is has any one tried to take a prop valve from a different vehicle and put one up by the master cylinder? like how its set up on the 2wd toyota's

i have been searching and i know people just reroute adjustable ones by the master cylinder but i really don't want to go the adjustable route unless i absolutely have to and i definitely don't want to spend the dollars to get a new one at the dealership.

any info would be great
thanks
Old 12-18-2008, 11:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
my 91 2wd has the lspv out back so I'm not sure what you're meaning.
your choices are either replace yours with new or from salvage yard, do the adjustable proportioning valve or elliminate it completely.
try searching proportioning valve in the forums.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That seems like it would be an easy part to find at a junkyard, for pretty cheap at that? I didnt even know what that thing was until about a month ago. Is it leaking by the diff or up by the frame on the passenger side?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:29 PM

its leaking from the valve on the frame rail when i squeeze the boot it just pours fluid out. i was at the junkyard yesterday and couldn't find any lspv's but there was an 86 and 75 Toyota 2wd and they both had the proportioning valves by the master cylinder so what i have been wondering is if i could just take one of those and eliminate my lspv and just plumb that into the system
Old 12-18-2008, 01:02 PM

another thing is if i have to go the adj prop valve way can i use it when driving on the street as this is my daily driver?

Search this Thread