84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Hello again after 9 years

Old 05-10-2017, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello again after 9 years

Long story short: the divorce got the Tacoma, I sold the 4 runner and picked up a Nissan x-terra, moved to the desert, we now have Ford 350's and still the Nissan (which has been very satisfying, judge if you want)

Here's the current: A good friend of mine had an 80's model pickup that she barely took care of named Jesus. She would neglect it and get someone to bring it back from the dead multiple times. On Saturday she flipped it, went to hospital, multiple broken bones, it was towed and put into jail. I decided to rescue it. Paid $500 (the old man would NOT negotiate).

Status of Jesus: body is completely ˟˟˟˟crap on hood, cab, driver side, rear wheel bent and rear leaf springs took a jolt. Obviously anything under the hood driver side is crushed, i can see the radiator is cracked. When I am examining things, its really not that bad. Everything looks stock, frame is fine, drivetrain is ok, everything underneath is old but not injured in the wreck. It was neglected but still running when she flipped it. I'm in for 500 bucks. Here we are.

Last edited by Terrys87; 05-11-2017 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Language
Old 05-10-2017, 06:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome back to the forum and Toyota ownership. Cool dog too!
Old 05-11-2017, 03:15 PM

Oh that dog is certainly dead by now. She was stolen from me years ago, stupid Tennessee. Heres where I'm at i guess. I dont have a garage anymore, my house isnt even finished yet. I live in a VERY remote area now so parting it out will be difficult but also fixing it will be just as difficult. Some other friends of mine have said they would chip in on covering the cost of the jail break so that helps me out, but then what? Do we make it a community project and give it back to laura so she can neglect it again? I dont like that idea. Some people have already given me crap for even getting it and i can understand that but theres a lot of logic involved too. I cant pull the body off and check it out without a plan since there is no garage. Boo hoo!
Old 05-11-2017, 05:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Where are you at, Robinsville area? I may have some extra parts and im there in April and October
Old 05-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Welcome back. You dont see those trucks anymore. $500 is a steal for around here. Not much left but rust when they do come up for sale in this area.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:03 PM

Im in far west texas, 4 hours southwest of el paso and 3hrs south of midland
Old 05-13-2017, 05:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Schooler
Im in far west texas, 4 hours southwest of el paso
4 hours southwest of el paso - is Mexico . . . si?
Old 05-16-2017, 01:48 PM

Um yes, but I still live on the US side. I have considered taking the truck to mexico but the peso has a low value right now. I think I'm leaning towards parting it out.

Search this Thread