Notices
Misc Stuff (Vehicle Related) Interior, exterior, audio, anything that does not fit into the above categories

FS[GreatLakes]: [MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)

Old 03-12-2017, 07:09 PM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
[MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)

Here are the SR5 parts and their status. All parts left on the truck are for sale. I'll try to keep this thread updated with what's sold/pending sale.

Instrument cluster - Sold
Tilt column - seems to move freely, steering feels tight
Column clam shell plastic cover - mounting holes are good, looks to be in good shape, no noticeable fading or anything, this is for tilt columns only
Steering wheel - Haven't had this design personally, so I'm thinking it's SR5. Little dirty, but I think it would clean up well.
Door panels and arm rests - these look GREAT, best one's I've had so far, and the design looks really nice too.
Rear cargo basket things - Never seen these in an xtra cab before, rope looks in good shape
Bucket Seats - Driver's side has a dirty spot on the bottom, but overall look really good. Head rests are even in good shape. Driver's side tracks are a little rusty, the passenger side looked good but didn't look it over super great.
Map lights - untested, but the buttons click in / out like normal - pending sale

Info on the truck.
Year: 1986
Miles: 128k
Body: xtra cab
Transmission: W56 (gone)
Engine: 22RE (guy swapped out his bad engine, hole in block, head might be good, has lower efi intake)
Axle gear ratio: 4.10 2 pinion (didn't check if it's a G or not for 8in)

Some extra notes:

Windshield is a replacement that looks to be in great shape, has no trim
Dash pad has a single crack in the middle like most get, center by the window it flares up quite a lot
Has a clock, I have a test harness to validate they work
Has cloth interior, floor matts are pretty trashed, haven't pulled them out to check the carpet.
Last owner drove the truck home, so I know the ECU is good
Reason for parting out, bad frame and last owner bought it for the engine/trans and parted the rest out, I bought the "left overs".

SOLD or GONE parts (I'll try to keep this list updated
Deck Lamp Switch
Instrument cluster (128k)
Center Console
Transmission

PENDING Sales
Headliner
door sills
kick panels
radio trim

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Second Truck: 1986 4x4 reg cab pickup with 22R (carb) and 5 speed G52 trans (runs and drives yet!). This is the base model so it doesn't have much for special things. The bench seat and door panels have been re-upholstered in dark brown a long time ago (bottom of the bench is worn out), but the back of the seat and door panels are pretty good yet. Truck sat for 11 years in the weather and I had to pull it out of the ground and put tires on it. Really shocked the brakes weren't hanged up too bad. Here's a list of details about this truck.

Miles: 181k
Body: Reg Cab Short box
Interior color: Brown
Column: Non-Tilt
AC: Yes
Power Steering: Yes
Drive terrain: 22R (Carb) with G52 5 speed and 4x4
Seats: Bench

SOLD or GONE /Broken Parts:
Sun Visors (local sale, has to pick between gray and these brown ones)
Windsheld - Broken
Passenger Dash pad - cracked and faded pretty bad but still there if you want to try to repair it
Rear view mirror - still have it, but it's aftermarket and the back plastic is sun rotted really bad

PENDING Sales
Window Cranks
Door handle trims
Arm rests
Headliner
A pillar trim
door trim (for door opening)
Door panels
Sun visors
rear view mirror
map lights

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________
Truck 3
Yep got another lol, they keep popping up lately and I don't mind adding axles and such to my collection for play toys. Anyway this one is my first 1987 and there's a ton of slight differences between it and the million 86's I've had. Typical problem, runs and drives but frame is rotted out. This one has a pretty good xtra cab if someone needs the bare cab locally. Anyway as usual here's the details on it:

Miles: 125k
Body: Xtra Cab Long box
Interior color: Gray
Column: Non-Tilt
AC: No
Power Steering: Yes
Drive terrain: 22R (Carb) with W55 5 speed and is 2wd
Seats: Bench with center arm rest (might be going in another truck that's for the road)

SOLD or GONE parts

JVC Radio
Attached Thumbnails [MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)-dscn3955.jpg   [MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)-dscn3956.jpg   [MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)-dscn3957.jpg   [MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)-dscn3958.jpg   [MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)-dscn3959.jpg  

[MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)-dscn3960.jpg   [MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)-dscn3961.jpg   [MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)-img_2213.jpg   [MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)-img_2216.jpg  

Last edited by atcfixer; 03-26-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might be a dumb question but will that gauge cluster work in an 88 4Runner? I know other 4Runner clusters work but not sure about the interchangeability between the trucks and 4Runners. If it does work I want it. Let me know if you know, if not I'll do some research. Shipping would be to 72116.

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2017, 03:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PM sent about door panels
Old 03-13-2017, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Razorbackcruiser
Might be a dumb question but will that gauge cluster work in an 88 4Runner? I know other 4Runner clusters work but not sure about the interchangeability between the trucks and 4Runners. If it does work I want it. Let me know if you know, if not I'll do some research. Shipping would be to 72116.

Thanks!
I don't know exact interchanges, but once I pull it I could grab part numbers off it and check what Toyota says it fits. The gauges should all work the same across all the pickups, it would mainly be the connectors and pin out that would hinder the swap. The Toyota TIS site doesn't go back to 88 so I don't have any wire diagrams from that generation of truck/4runner to validate. It might not be an exact way to check interchange, but if you pulled your cluster and took pics of the connectors, and noted down the wire colors, I could check mine to see if the connectors appear the same and if the colors match.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:39 AM

Appreciate the reply. I haven't checked on this yet but plan to soon. I've got a guy I can call that might know and/or hopefully I can find the answer on the internet. I'm a firefighter and on shift today and my Runner is at home so I couldn't pull the cluster until tomorrow. I've had a hell of a time finding one of these so I hope it does work. I'll get back to you today hopefully with an answer.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:20 AM

4 cylinder clusters are interchangeable from 84-88. Only difference is the oil pressure sending unit, and you have to run a wire from the cluster to the coil for the tachometer. It's fairly simple.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:22 AM

No problem at all, wouldn't be much of a seller if I didn't reply .

The SR5 parts are defo hard to find, this is the first out of ~6 86 pickups I've bought. I've had 4 total in all the trucks, 4runners, etc I've had (86 Pickup, 94 4runner, 98 Tacoma, 98 T100). The prices on ebay really reflects how hard parts are to find in good shape.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:08 AM

Well, this site says they're interchangeable.

http://www.siestaoffroad.com/clustertech.html

PM me what you want for it.

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2017, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Razorbackcruiser
Well, this site says they're interchangeable.

http://www.siestaoffroad.com/clustertech.html

PM me what you want for it.

Thanks!
I read your link and what bootscootboogie holds true still. Based on that source, some trucks are not factory wired for the tach, so you might have to wire it. The oil sending unit is different, it's about $30 from the dealership (based on the soruce site), and the wiring is a direct plug and play. If you don't want to swap the oil sending unit, be sure to unplug it to prevent damage to the gauge. I'll shoot ya a pm about the price and such.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:11 AM

Sounds good. I should be able to handle the modifications. I know just enough to get myself in trouble...

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
do you have a battery hold down bracket
Old 03-13-2017, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by joeynational
I should have a spare around, bracket + the hook/nut. Give me a day or so to check my parts pile. Pretty sure most of that kind of stuff is missing off the truck photoed above.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by joeynational
Checked the truck and it's missing it, and I just picked up another truck and it's missing it too. I couldn't seem to find any in my parts pile. Do you know if the 89-95 pickup battery hold down is the same? There should be one between the two 2wd pickups I have in that era that I have in mind.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:55 PM

I'm looking for that black plastic trim around the radio/ashtray/cig lighter area. I'm also curious if the combo turnsignal switch assemlby is working and available? What about the box/tailgate on the 2nd truck you picked up?

Thx!
Old 03-26-2017, 05:38 PM

The radio trim is slightly shaved where the radio goes in, but is barely noticeable. I'll have to hook a battery up to the truck and see if the lights and such will work, might have to transplant it into another truck to test since this one was stripped down a lot. The guy I got it from drove the truck home, so I see no reason that the turn signal/wiper switch is bad. Does your truck have adjustable delay wipers or the basic off, low, high (the other truck has that style).

I've only had two 84-88 trucks with good boxes and tail gates, and both have been sold to the same guy lol. I have a rusted out long box with a tail gate that works well, so if there's any parts you need off it I could check sections of it out. I also used to had a fiberglass aftermarket box that was rusted out kind of bad, but the guy that bought the other two boxes has it too. If you're somewhat local, I have a few 89-95 boxes that could probably be used to make a good one (some have bad bed sides, others have bad floors) and a 95-04 Tacoma box that's pretty good rust wise but is banged up and has been overloaded and the inside bed is "bellied" as well as the tail gate.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:23 PM

Here's the pics of the ratio trims. It's probably a little hard to see, but the trimmed one is the first two photos. Sorry the 3rd one's a little blurry, let me know if you need me to retake it.
Attached Thumbnails [MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)-dscn4010.jpg   [MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)-dscn4011.jpg   [MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)-dscn4012.jpg   [MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)-dscn4013.jpg  
Old 03-28-2017, 08:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
pm'd you OP
Old 04-06-2017, 12:32 PM

Interested in complete A/C system from the 86, pulled and shipped to 31808.

Last edited by Garth; 04-06-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:43 PM

Sent you an email, might want to remove your email off the public post so you don't get a ton of spam by the bots that crawl the pages.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:32 PM

Email replied. Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS[GreatLakes]: [MI] 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4 Brown Interior (SR5?)