Notices
Engines - Transmissions Place above type items here

FS[GreatLakes]: 1992 22RE Complete Engine Fully Dresed

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 11:34 AM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
1992 22RE Complete Engine Fully Dresed

I have a 22RE that ran great that came out of a 1992 Toyota pickup 2wd. I was going to throw it into my 86 4runner but am looking to go down the 2.7L route instead. My friend quit driving the truck because the trans was going out and he couldn't figure out the coolant leak which I found was the thermostat housing gasket. The alternator was bad and is currently off it, I have another if you need it. Engine is fully dressed with AC, power steering, except the mentioned alternator. It includes the engine harness up to the ECU and I also have the ECU (manual trans) for a little more.

Truck had around 200k miles, I still have the cab so I can get exact miles if interested. Looking to get $400 out of it. Engine is stored inside ready for sale. The thermostat gasket should be changed, and replacing the thermostat at the same time is a good idea.

I can work with trades and such for parts vehicles (toyotas only) or maybe other toyota parts that I can resell on ebay/online.

I'm located near Midland Michigan and if travel is a problem, I can work with you on delivery as long as I can cover gas and maybe a little for time. I travel all over Michigan, so driving isn't a problem for me, and I'm self employed so I'm pretty flexible with times.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
22re

message sent
Old 12-30-2016, 09:37 PM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
I replied to your PM.

I also have a 67k 22R engine from an 86 2wd stick. Asking $500 but can take offers. Been holding it for a guy that bought a lot of stuff off me for about a year and haven't heard anything from him in a few months now. Engine is complete as well, some of the wires on the carb were chewed though by critters, they also got the ignier wires which I've already swapped out. Truck was a base model, so no power steering or AC, but with the correct brackets, can be installed.

Also have a 86 4x4 22RE that had a light top end tick noise. I'd expect it to be the lifters out of adjustment, but it is possible the timing chain could be sloppy and need to be replaced. Unknown miles as it isn't the original to the body. Looking to get $200 out of it.