Tool Time Discussions here pertain to the use of tools you use while fabbing and wrenching in the garage

Lincoln 210

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lincoln 210

Hey guys, anyone running s Lincoln 210 welder? I've run mostly a cheepo flux core and looking to upgrade to a welder that can develop as my skills grow (i.e aluminum mig, aluminum tig etc.). I've read a lot of great reviews about Miller products, but the similar model (Miller multimatic 215) is slightly more expensive than the 210 mp model. Not looking for a Lincoln vs. Miller debate, but rather feedback based on day-to-day usage. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:01 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Buying a new welder both have the same 3 year warranty !!

Go with what ever color has the best support in your area .

Lincoln has been cutting costs to be able to undersell Miller at least in this area .

No matter which way you go sit down and read the owners manual
Old 04-19-2017, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I recently bought a Hobart 110v with gas. I checked around at several different models and they all seemed to be comparable. I think Hobart is made by Miller or Lincoln. I think Lincoln makes another brand. For me it came down to the best price for what I was looking for. For the hobbyist, I feel most will meet their needs. My friends have different models and I have used them they do the same as mine.

A professional welder might have a different opinion. Since you are just learning ( same as me) I think any good brand welder will work.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Terrys87
I recently bought a Hobart 110v with gas. I checked around at several different models and they all seemed to be comparable. I think Hobart is made by Miller or Lincoln. I think Lincoln makes another brand. For me it came down to the best price for what I was looking for. For the hobbyist, I feel most will meet their needs. My friends have different models and I have used them they do the same as mine.

A professional welder might have a different opinion. Since you are just learning ( same as me) I think any good brand welder will work.
Hey Terry, yeah as far as I know Horbart is made by Miller. I've heard some hobart machines actually having miller stamped parts. Price is important but I'm drawn to the versitility in these multi process machines. Hobart has one as well called the handler 210. Also seems to be a good machine
Old 04-21-2017, 12:13 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Hobart is built by the same parent company that owns Miller

All the parts have Miller part numbers

The only minor downside and not critical for the hobby type use is the wire drive assembly .

Hobart would be my choice for the Hobby type use