Tool Time Discussions here pertain to the use of tools you use while fabbing and wrenching in the garage

Dremel 8200

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Dremel 8200

Just got back from Lowe's buying some new metal-wire shelves for a project in my roof top tent.
I modified a over the door show rack yesterday to set up the metal shelf I bought yesteryear, but since I have cut the shelf up some, it was flimsy which you can see in the pic below.

When modifying that over the door show rack, I had to cut down the alloy tubes they use from about 20" or so to 13" long.
Using a hacksaw yesterday did not work to well since I do not have a vice here at my place.

It left some rough edges which the Dremel could have cured, but also the Dremel would have ripped right through the tubing.

When I picked up the new shelf today, I stopped by the tool department to look at Dremels, and the woman who worked that department is very up on them.
She uses them a lot for projects, and she told me the 8200 would be perfect for what I needed.

After I got it and an extra pack of blades, I said it would be nice if they came out with cordless later.
Duhhh, this one was 12v lithium ion, and I did not even know it until I read the box more.

All the better
I hate cords, and all of my power tools are cordless.

My neighbor was just checking it out, and that is how he had designed a sing to go over his door.
This gave me an idea, it would be cool to have a small wood sign landscape mode that said YotaTech.com to hang on my awning when camped.

I am sure this Dremel is up to task, but it gave me an idea for anyone on the site here who is into woodworking that they could design some and offer them to the membership for a price of course.

I certainly would pay for a nicely done one.

I am going to cut myself some 14" tubes today for the shelf project, they will work out better than the 13" ones I cut yesterday.