Tool Time Discussions here pertain to the use of tools you use while fabbing and wrenching in the garage

Attn: HF Cut-Off Saw Ownrs

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 05:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Attn: HF Cut-Off Saw Ownrs

Just wanted to let all those owners out there what to look for in regards to the blade cover mounting screws. I was in the process of starting my scab plates and gussets for my sliders when the blade speed dropped dramitically after I would shut it off. Turns out two of the four mounting screws backed themselves out. One of them had the head completely shaved off till you thought it was a nail in there and the other was getting to the point where the phillips pattern was unrecognizable. Took all the ลลลล apart, got bolts installed instead and put 'er back together. Check your tools boys. Just goes to show you get what you pay for. Should've bucked up for the freakin' millwalkee (sp?).

Oh yeah - I'll have the pics of the sliders when completed. Considering my schedule it won't be anytime soon.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We used one once, that thing had a serious death wobble. Would make the cuts almost a 1/8" off it was so bad.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, safety first, of you and equipment

I check my tool everytime I use it