Product Reviews Post your reviews on automotive and expedition-camping gear here

Super Swamper TSL/SX II?

Old 02-06-2017, 01:44 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Super Swamper TSL/SX II?

Anyone running these?

If so what's you driving habits? Trail only rig or DD
Do they get flat spots like other bias ply tires?
what's pros and cons you've noticed?
Old 02-06-2017, 03:16 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
A friend of mine has a set of TSL's on his 84 Cherokee. Heavy truck, he gets flat spots, you can hear him coming down the road.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by dropzone
A friend of mine has a set of TSL's on his 84 Cherokee. Heavy truck, he gets flat spots, you can hear him coming down the road.
i hear bias ply is bad about flat spots. I notice then in my KM2s from time to time gone with a few rotations though. Wonder how long bias takes to "round back out?"
Old 02-07-2017, 05:24 PM

Received 301 Likes on 207 Posts
It depends on the temp/ air pressure/ speed but they usually round completely out in a mile or too, its only really bad till the end of the road.

I just have the plain bias ply tsl, not the sx. and love them. They work awesome in the wet/dirt/roots we have up here.

Last edited by rattlewagon; 02-07-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by rattlewagon
It depends on the temp/ air pressure/ speed but they usually round completely out in a mile or too, its only really bad till the end of the road.

I just have the plain bias ply tsl, not the sx. and love them. They work awesome in the wet/dirt/roots we have up here.
Nice, thanks for the info. Aways down the road wanna go 37's so will regear. The TSL/SX II are cheaper. Unless you know something I don't. They have more siping.

How are TSLs on highway speeds?
Old 02-08-2017, 03:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a set of 36x12.5x15 bias ply swampers. flat spots everytime you park it. they bump out after 2-3 minutes. Bloody heavy tires. So much rubber in them you can't balance them fully. On the highway once they get good and warm after 45 minutes or so they smooth out a lot. I drove 6 hours on highway with them last summer. wheeled for a week then drove home. There was measurable tread loss during that drive. They were smooth-ish rolling at 96 kmph, rough at 97. Smoothed out at 98, rough at 99 and so on. They also make it sound like you're driving an airplane because they're so loud. But they aren't meant to be a highway tire. I usually aired down to 5-6 psi and they are amazing offroad. but like all swampers they get a side wall crack when you air down. But hey, the sidewalls are 3/4" thick so you're good to go.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:07 PM

Received 301 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by muddpigg
How are TSLs on highway speeds?
Originally Posted by nothingbetter
I had a set of 36x12.5x15 bias ply swampers. flat spots everytime you park it. they bump out after 2-3 minutes. Bloody heavy tires. So much rubber in them you can't balance them fully. On the highway once they get good and warm after 45 minutes or so they smooth out a lot. I drove 6 hours on highway with them last summer. wheeled for a week then drove home. There was measurable tread loss during that drive. They were smooth-ish rolling at 96 kmph, rough at 97. Smoothed out at 98, rough at 99 and so on. They also make it sound like you're driving an airplane because they're so loud. But they aren't meant to be a highway tire. I usually aired down to 5-6 psi and they are amazing offroad. but like all swampers they get a side wall crack when you air down. But hey, the sidewalls are 3/4" thick so you're good to go.
Its a super swamper, not a super highway. Haha Its a wheelin tire.Cant beat a bias ply off road but get a radial swamper for road manners.

Last edited by rattlewagon; 02-08-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:30 PM

Thanks for replies!! Good input. Still awhile before I go this route. Kids heading to college.

More re input if you got it.

Search this Thread