Product Reviews Post your reviews on automotive and expedition-camping gear here

"Economy" rear disk brake brackets from LROR

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 12:31 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
"Economy" rear disk brake brackets from LROR

First of all the kit I got is this:
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/yotam...t-tdb-400.html

I did the V6 rotor and caliper upgrade on the front of my '81, upgraded to the landcruiser MC knowing I wanted disks out back, and had put on a transfer case E-brake a few years ago so I wasn't worried about the loss of e-brake. I had nice slotted SFA rotors on the front that were still in good shape so why not re-use them?

The customer service from LROR is great. The kit showed up a day ahead of schedule and looked great. Everything bolted up just the way it should. A couple notes though; you might as well do new bearings and seals while you're at it and you will likely need to remove bottom spring perch plate (the plate the U bolts go to with the shock mount attached) to get the bracket onto the axle tube. I had to but I have swapped sides/orientation for my shock setup (don't ask, it works for me) so you may or may not, just a heads up.

Also installed a prop valve from Dave's Offroad in the same spot that the stock valve was. I was A LOT less happy with the speed at which dave's got me my part and trying to get them on the phone was a no go, email them if you want a response. When I got the part it works great so no conmplaints there.

End result, great brakes on my truck! Stopping 35's really nicely. Hauled 1500 lbs of remodel debris to the dump in my truck and trailer and was patting myself on the back the whole way because I could actually stop with all that weight in there!

I can only very rarely say this but, I was eco friendly! Recycled my front rotors and calipers, and saved the money of buying new ones.

In conclusion, if you're doing a front brake upgrade on your SFA truck, and don't need e-brake functionallity, this is the way to go. The t-case e-brakes are ~$200 IIRC.

Hope this helps people make their trucks stop better!