Product Reviews Post your reviews on automotive and expedition-camping gear here

Dynomax Super Turbo Flow Muffler (17748)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dynomax Super Turbo Flow Muffler (17748)

Hey guys, the flowmaster the previous owner put on my truck has finally fallen apart (yes!). I searched around for a muffler that would quiet my truck down close to OEM while still flowing better and landed on a Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler. No it wasn't the fancy name that won me over just the over all good reviews I read about it.

The muffler feels nice and sturdy when you pick it up. The 17748 is pretty much just a universal muffler and is recommended by some web sites for the older Tundra but it fit the specs I was looking for so I went with it.

I understand tone is completely a personal preference/ personal interpretation thing so I don't know how I can explain the tone other then sounds really close to OEM + a slight hum at idle. I have the deckplate and the ISR done so I still get that growl that I love when I get on it.

Here are a couple videos of before and after. Again, it's hard to tell the true sound and volume of the mufflers but you can atleast hear the difference between the two.

before:

after:

Here's how I opted to have it installed.

My opinion of this muffler is:
  • quiet
  • smooth
  • good flowing
  • and sturdy

Here is where I purchased mine from because they had the best prices. I called before I ordered because the site looks a little out dated, to my surprise I was quickly routed to a live and competent human who was able to answer all my questions. I went with ground shipping and the muffler was to my door in 3 days.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you would like additional videos or information.

Joe
Old 08-06-2013, 06:59 PM

love mine. really opened up the exhaust flow
Old 08-26-2013, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Joe's Toy
Hey guys, the flowmaster the previous owner put on my truck has finally fallen apart (yes!). I searched around for a muffler that would quiet my truck down close to OEM while still flowing better and landed on a Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler. No it wasn't the fancy name that won me over just the over all good reviews I read about it.

The muffler feels nice and sturdy when you pick it up. The 17748 is pretty much just a universal muffler and is recommended by some web sites for the older Tundra but it fit the specs I was looking for so I went with it.

I understand tone is completely a personal preference/ personal interpretation thing so I don't know how I can explain the tone other then sounds really close to OEM + a slight hum at idle. I have the deckplate and the ISR done so I still get that growl that I love when I get on it.

Here are a couple videos of before and after. Again, it's hard to tell the true sound and volume of the mufflers but you can atleast hear the difference between the two.

before:

after:

Here's how I opted to have it installed.

My opinion of this muffler is: [*]quiet[*]smooth[*]good flowing[*]and sturdy

Here is where I purchased mine from because they had the best prices. I called before I ordered because the site looks a little out dated, to my surprise I was quickly routed to a live and competent human who was able to answer all my questions. I went with ground shipping and the muffler was to my door in 3 days.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you would like additional videos or information.

Joe
Did u change out exaust or did u leave it stock