Notices
Seller - Buyer Ratings For Members Lets hear it, we want feedback on your transactions, good or bad

BoostinChick

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BoostinChick

Original FS thread here.

I PMed BoostinChick on 11/3 regarding her Hella conversions. After checking out her eBay auction and looking at the pictures she had posted, I offered her $75 for the lights, shipped. She shipped them promptly and I received them in good condition.

When I installed the lights, on 11/9, I discovered that the beam patterns were suited for a left-side drive country (Japan, AUS, UK, etc.). The beams illuminate the road well, but angle up and to the left instead of up and to the right as they should. At no point did BoostinChick disclose this fact or make it discoverable. The pictures that she posted did not show the codes on the lenses that would have clued a buyer in to that fact, thus giving me no opportunity to discover that the headlights were unusable. All right-hand drive headlights from Hella are marked and carry model numbers that disclose the beam pattern.

Obviously, had I been aware of this, I would not have purchased them. I've asked her to give me a refund if I ship the lights back at my expense. She refused and said she did not misrepresent the lights at all.

She has now stopped responding to my PMs. I am giving her an opportunity to respond here before I dispute the transaction with PayPal.

Originally Posted by Original eBay description
Pair of 200mm Hella H4 Rectangular Headlights -These are German Made, High Output headlamps by Hella, lightly used in very good condition -Polished aluminum reflectors, high magnification lense, razor sharp cut off on low beam -THEY ARE NOT SEALED BEAM, THE BULB IS EASILY REPLACEABLE -Choose the bulb you like, never throw away the housing again! -Includes securing pin, rubber boot, and rubber grommet for the addition of a parking light (comes with H4 60/55 watt bulbs) -Will substitute for 6052, 6053, H6052, H6054 for off-road use -Increases total light reflected 400% on high beam and 200% on low beam -Buy them new and expect to pay $50 each+ Remember, these German conversion lights were built to last as long as the vehicle does, if not longer! -These lights are European e-code (NOT U.S. DOT Approved) and may be used for off-road and racing purposes only -Great for 4-wheel off-road, will fit a variety of trucks!
Original eBay photos -

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 11-16-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad I found this thread to give my version.

1.) I never knew there was a RHD or LHD version of these lights. You obviously knew more about these lights than I did and you never once asked for close up pictures of the lens (which I would have gladly taken and sent to you) or asked me to retrieve the code off the lens housing or the beam pattern. You just simply asked if they were e-codes, which they are. If you knew there were two different versions why didn't you question this?

2.) I did not hold any information back from you, you didn't ask and I didn't know.

The reason I stopped responding to PM's was because of personal family matters that I had going on. I have better things to do than to do than to be verbally assaulted on a public forum.

If you would like to dispute the transaction with PayPal do as you please.

Originally Posted by djrez4
Original FS thread here.

I PMed BoostinChick on 11/3 regarding her Hella conversions. After checking out her eBay auction and looking at the pictures she had posted, I offered her $75 for the lights, shipped. She shipped them promptly and I received them in good condition.

When I installed the lights, on 11/9, I discovered that the beam patterns were suited for a left-side drive country (Japan, AUS, UK, etc.). The beams illuminate the road well, but angle up and to the left instead of up and to the right as they should. At no point did BoostinChick disclose this fact or make it discoverable. The pictures that she posted did not show the codes on the lenses that would have clued a buyer in to that fact, thus giving me no opportunity to discover that the headlights were unusable. All right-hand drive headlights from Hella are marked and carry model numbers that disclose the beam pattern.
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Original eBay description
Pair of 200mm Hella H4 Rectangular Headlights -These are German Made, High Output headlamps by Hella, lightly used in very good condition -Polished aluminum reflectors, high magnification lense, razor sharp cut off on low beam -THEY ARE NOT SEALED BEAM, THE BULB IS EASILY REPLACEABLE -Choose the bulb you like, never throw away the housing again! -Includes securing pin, rubber boot, and rubber grommet for the addition of a parking light (comes with H4 60/55 watt bulbs) -Will substitute for 6052, 6053, H6052, H6054 for off-road use -Increases total light reflected 400% on high beam and 200% on low beam -Buy them new and expect to pay $50 each+ Remember, these German conversion lights were built to last as long as the vehicle does, if not longer! -These lights are European e-code (NOT U.S. DOT Approved) and may be used for off-road and racing purposes only -Great for 4-wheel off-road, will fit a variety of trucks!

Last edited by BoostinChick; 11-16-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:07 AM

At what point did I verbally assault you?

If you recall, when I PMed you, I acknowledged that you may not have known the beam pattern and asked if you'd give me a refund. So far, the conversation has been entirely civil.

I admit fault for not asking for the codes. I didn't think it necessary. My bad.

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 11-16-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Posting private messages is not allowed
Old 11-16-2009, 12:48 PM

Lesson learned. Caveat emptor on Yotatech.

If I sold a used part to someone on the board, I'd feel the need to make sure they were satisfied with the purchase. I wouldn't turn around and blame them for not asking the right question. It puts a large damper on any feeling of community.