Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

European Trip Winter 2012

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European Trip Winter 2012

Aight guys I've decided that its time for me to go on another trip. If some of you don't know 2 summers ago I spent a month living in Amman Jordan. That was technically my first time leaving the US (Puerto Rico is technically US territory). In Amman I got to see some pretty amazing stuff, and just live with the natives and learn their culture.

Fast forward to now, I'm about to graduate college and start a military career. but I'll have some free time between the two, so I want one last trip 'college style'. I already have a connection working on travel plans for the first 5 days in Madrid. He's a travel agent, so that helps.

So right now I'm looking for Ideas on where to go, I plan on staying in Hostels and traveling cheaply and light. So if anyone knows someone or knows a place I should go/stay/eat at, add a comment. I have a couple months to plan this out, but at most i want to plan my place to stay, and the rest is up to whatever comes my way.

So here is to the second part of my thread, If you haven't seen my truck, I have a 87 truck 55K original mile and minimal rust, with a chevy 350 v8 in it, 35's, and lifted nicely, Really nice paint on it, painted last summer, redone bench seat, right now the truck needs some engine work, so my plans are to fix up the truck and sell it to help pay for my trip. And Hopefully I get some donations from relatives to add to my funds. the more I can get the longer I can stay away.

I will buy another toyota down the road, but with me joining the military I wont be able to take it with me until I can settle for a while. I would love the truck to go to another member here so that it stays within the community.

And since I know you guys LOVE pics, here are some of my truck and a couple from my trip(just so you know i don't waste my money)

Here are some of the truck, and a few when I was painting it

Here are some from when I was at Petra in Jordan

Red Sea

Gaza Refugee camp

Puerto Rico!

I have tons more photos, but just haven't uploaded them yet, Getting a small taste of seeing the world is as bad as a mod bug and much more money. But with proper planning and knowing what not to spend your money one can really help spread out a trip.

So please any input will be great, and I'll try to update this with my future plans and how close I am to my financial budget needed for this next trip.