Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

East Coast Snow Storm, Feb 06

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
East Coast Snow Storm, Feb 06

Got about 16" total here, and decided to do some urban wheeling. Not really a trail report I guess, but the unplowed streets and snow mounds were just as good. Took a few pics located at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jhupp_...p_99/my_photos
Some good shots. The snow mound I tried to get through in the later ones was about 9' high. I made it as far as I got, and lost momentum, I had to back out in 4lo. The ATRAC worked supringly well. I didn't think that my truck would even make it as far as it did. Had a problem though with some of the Jersey locals. The site was in an industrial complex about a mile away, being a Sunday no one was working. Some dude in a Dakota, flipped me off and called me an a$$hole, and I asked him if he though he could make it through, and wanted to try, he said, no, his truck was brand new, it was obviously an older body style, so I said thanks for your opinion, even though it means nothing to me,(actually a little ruder) and he drove away. At the last snowstorm, a lot of the workers on breaks would watch me and my buddies try to traverse the snow plow mounds, and were over-all pretty nice, so I figured it shouldn't piss anyone off, it's not actually like I'm destroying anything. Anyway, this was a bad storm here, and I'm kinda glad I didnt drive up to PA to go Paragon, I got my fill here pretty well. Anybody else got any good pics from this last storm?
Jason
Old 02-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Banned for stupidity

got about 13 inches here and it's still coming down... i love whellin in the snow
Old 02-12-2006, 12:09 PM

Nice, snow wheeling is a lot of fun, especially in NJ cause they make these huge piles when they plow the parking lots and malls all out.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Contributing Member

heres a few of mine, we got 10"-12" or so. I am living with my in-laws now, so I was up niiiice and early to shovel and get on out

Old 02-12-2006, 08:10 PM

nice, that good old Jersey snow, I still can't belive your gonna sell it, I hope your getting another SUV, or a Truck, winters in NJ can be hard without it. Nice shots though, your out in whitehouse right? I have a cousin that lives there too.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Contributing Member

I sold my house in Whitehouse, I am living with my in-laws in Stockton, which is out route 12 west. We bought a new home in Florida, and we will be moving into it when it is done being built, June-ish
Old 02-13-2006, 11:28 AM
lee
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by JHupp
Nice, snow wheeling is a lot of fun, especially in NJ cause they make these huge piles when they plow the parking lots and malls all out.
hahhaaha

are you calling plowed snow piles in mall parking lots wheeling??

anyway here are pics i took:

a car that doesnt ever move.. its there to block people from parking in that place.

ironically passing a Toy dealer

blurry pic, but vsc/trac/abs disengaged is the only way to go

from work this morning

Old 02-13-2006, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by lee
hahhaaha

are you calling plowed snow piles in mall parking lots wheeling??

anyway here are pics i took:
hey,t hat's about as nasty as it gets here in Jersey, plus that pile was like 10ft+ high. I know, I know, lame excuse, that's as close to wheeling as I get to do here, not many places to go, wish I lived out west. besides that, I didnt see anything that hardcore in your pics either......
(just joking)
Old 02-13-2006, 01:57 PM

Nice pics. I'm ready for some snow down my way. I like this pic:

Old 02-13-2006, 08:31 PM
lee
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by JHupp
hey,t hat's about as nasty as it gets here in Jersey, plus that pile was like 10ft+ high. I know, I know, lame excuse, that's as close to wheeling as I get to do here, not many places to go, wish I lived out west. besides that, I didnt see anything that hardcore in your pics either......
(just joking)
hahah.. i was posting accumulation pics!

what about ttora-nj? maybe they can help you escape parking lots!
Old 02-14-2006, 05:08 AM

They have, they have, it's just in NJ there is only one place to wheel, Wharton, and then there is Paragon in PA, both are about 2 hours away, so we really only go once a month. NJ sucks sooo bad it's not even funny. They are in the process of closing down the ORV park in Chatsworth, on the empty promise they are going to build a new one.(residents in the neighboring town, shot down the proposition after the original ORV park was closed) This is about as hardcore as it gets in NJ, unless someone knows somewhere I dont(that's legal)