Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Fall Colors II - Tellico ORV - Sept 16-18

Old 08-05-2005, 07:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fall Colors II - Tellico ORV - Sept 16-18

Well, since the trip to "Wheelin' in the Country" died a slow and miserable death, I've resurrected the Fall Colors II trip and bringing it back to tellico...

and now we found out that the 2005 SFWDA Dixie Run was scheduled for the other weekend we had picked and is expected to bring in THOUSANDS of people to the ORV trails, Fall Colors II has been moved AGAIN.

It will be at Crawfords Campground just outside of Murphy, NC. (MAP)

Friday Sept 16th, Saturday Sept 17th, and Sunday Sept 18th.

THIS IS NO LONGER THE SAME WEEKEND AS THE SOUTHERN FOUR WHEEL DRIVE ASSOCAITION'S DIXIE RUN.

SFWDA - DIXIE RUN 2005

Friday will be basically a limited afternoon run for the few who are there early enough to make it along with setting up camp and planning for the Saturday's run along with dividing into appropriate groups and picking leaders for each.

Saturday will start around 9am for the ride to the check-in station. From there, we'll go our seperate ways if we have more than one group. We'll try to meet up either at Fain's Ford or Slickrock for lunch. Back at camp, the Steaks (BRING YOUR OWN!) will go on the grill around 7pm. Don't forget your chest waders cause the ˟˟˟˟˟ will be deep for sure!

Sunday will be packing up and heading out with maybe a few staying behind for another day or even half-day of wheelin'.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR RESERVING AND PAYING FOR YOUR OWN CAMPING SPOT. We'll plan on staying in the Power/Water sites by the creek like always. Use this thread and PM's/emails to coordinate sharing your reserved spots. You can usually fit about 3 tents on each site. There's plenty of parking across the drive from the campsite for extra vehicles and trailers.

If you have any questions about Tellico ORV, camping at Crawford's, Murphy, NC, etc, there are several trip threads that you can find easily with a search to shead some light.

No registration fees or anything else - only $5 a day use fee to the Forestry Service and then your camping on top of that. Open to pretty much anyone who will act decent in public, but preferrably keep it to people with a Toyota - but that's not written in stone.

If you plan to show up, then copy the list below, add your name to it, make your reservation or firm up some sort of accomodations, and get ready for some FUN!

SouthEast 4Runner Jamboree | (SE4RJ-II) | Telloco ORV Park | 05/14/05
(CLICK HERE FOR MORE SE4RJ-II PICS)

Originally Posted by U.S. Forestry Service
The difficulty levels shown in the chart indicate the degree of skill needed to ride that route. The rating is based on steepness, the roughness of the tread, and the number and type of obstacles. The easiest routes have gentle grades (15% maximum pitch), sweeping turns and a fairly smooth tread with no obstacles. More difficult routes have moderate grades (30% percent maximum pitch), more and tighter curves, climbing turns, sections of rough tread, and some rock or log obstacles. A most difficult route requires a high degree of skill and challenge to travel. It has moderate to steep grades (50% maximum pitch), numerous turns, tight curves, switchbacks, and a rough surface throughout, with frequent obstacles and sections of very rough tread.

Last edited by bamachem; 08-05-2005 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Banned

allright...

here's the list. copy, paste in a new post, add your name... when you're done, don't forget to make arrangements with someone who has a spot reserved or call steve at crawford's campground.

1. bamachem - Andy - 99 4runner - Moderate to Difficult Trails - reserved (1 spot left)
2. waskillywabbit - Brian - 85 4Runner - Moderate to Difficult Trails - reserved (bamachem)

next...

doc, will, brett... i'll let you guys fill it in...
Old 08-05-2005, 07:59 AM
Contributing Member

1. bamachem - Andy - 99 4runner - Moderate to Difficult Trails - reserved (1 spot left)
2. waskillywabbit - Brian - 85 4Runner - Moderate to Difficult Trails - reserved (bamachem)
3. dragr1-Brett and Brandy-99 4Runner-moderate trails- campsite reserved

Last edited by dragr1; 08-05-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:04 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Pre-Paid T-shirt Orders

Pre-Paid T-shirt Orders HERE

Brandy is going?

Old 08-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit

For now, but she will be hanging at camp-not going on the trails. Of course plans may change in the next 6 weeks. Anyone else's wife coming? She'll need someone to hang with at camp on Saturday or I'll need to bring one of her friends with us.

Last edited by dragr1; 08-05-2005 at 08:20 AM.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:28 AM
Banned

bump for saturday morning surfers...
Old 08-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dragr1
For now, but she will be hanging at camp-not going on the trails. Of course plans may change in the next 6 weeks. Anyone else's wife coming? She'll need someone to hang with at camp on Saturday or I'll need to bring one of her friends with us.
Monica says she is going and I hope she does. I'm in for sure.
Monica will not trail ride it's just not her thing - she likes to chill though !

I bet Donna comes with Will too.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Doc279
Monica says she is going and I hope she does. I'm in for sure.
Monica will not trail ride it's just not her thing - she likes to chill though !

I bet Donna comes with Will too.
Great, let me know for sure when we get closer to time.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:28 AM
Contributing Member

4. Doc279 - Doc and Tory ( my brother in law ) - 90 4Runner-moderate trails

Monica's sister and her husband and kids came to the house yesterday for a visit. Tory has a Jeep CJ-7 and he and I have been wheeling together several times - he has never been to Tellico. Monica and her sister are going to take the kids to Dollywood. I hope nobody minds the Jeep thing,
Tory is a great guy. Sorry Brett - things changed that fast.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Who want's an MV-50. How's $40.00? Zman has a few and will bring them up for this trip if you want one.

Post here if you want one.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
5. yotaman - Greg - 2nd gen Runner - Moderate to Difficult Trails

I hope I can get my SAS finished. If not I'll bring the Trooper.

Brett you mind if I crash on your site?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:45 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by yotaman

I hope I can get my SAS finished. If not I'll bring the Trooper.

Brett you mind if I crash on your site?
Yeah, it's ok if you crash on my site.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:22 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by yotaman
Who want's an MV-50. How's $40.00? Zman has a few and will bring them up for this trip if you want one.

Post here if you want one.
Doc279 Sign me up - I'll take 1 MV-50 that's a pretty good deal !
Old 08-10-2005, 04:44 AM

6. 82 Trekker-Mark/Jutty-My Trekker-Moderate to Difficult/Whatever the group is doing

Got my hallpass. Vince will be riding shotgun with me.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:20 AM

Just emailed Steve for a reservation. I take it back by the creek?
Old 08-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Banned

yeah, he should have 4 "set aside" for us, but you still have to put your name on one. i have one, brett has one, and doc has one so far. it's pretty open that weekend, so it shouldn't be a problem.

so, what time is everyone getting there on Friday. i'm taking off and can be there early to wheel all day if anyone else will be there. i'm only about 2.5 hrs from Crawfords and about 1.5 hrs from the North check-in on trail 1, up by 8. i'd like to wheel some on Friday, and do slickrock at least once then, and then do it again on sat.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:44 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Don't know if I'll be physically up to "driving" by mid Sept as I have surgery on my right arm next week, but I plan to be there regardless. Just have to see how it goes.

Old 08-10-2005, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Don't know if I'll be physically up to "driving" by mid Sept as I have surgery on my right arm next week, but I plan to be there regardless. Just have to see how it goes.

Vince just called and got that Friday approved so we will be leaving Thursday night and getting to Crawfords after midnight. I'm game and can't beleive this is gonna work out after all with Tellico this year.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 82trekker
Vince just called and got that Friday approved so we will be leaving Thursday night and getting to Crawfords after midnight. I'm game and can't beleive this is gonna work out after all with Tellico this year.
sweet! i'll be there friday AM. what are you planning on doing friday? i could just meet you on the trails or at crawfords...
Old 08-10-2005, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by bamachem
sweet! i'll be there friday AM. what are you planning on doing friday? i could just meet you on the trails or at crawfords...
Well, it will be slow start on Friday after the 10 hours of towing so whatever time you want to get started...we are game. Lower 2 is a must for us flat out...and we'll plan to run that around whatever the group is doing. Maybe Sunday or something. Major modding is goin' on right now on the Trekker

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fall Colors II - Tellico ORV - Sept 16-18