GPS & Communication Discussions here pertain to the use and troubleshooting of GPS, CB radio, and amateur radio

Need urgent help with my cell phone!! HELP!!

Old 01-12-2012, 07:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need urgent help with my cell phone!! HELP!!

so i have an lg cosmo cell phone, not the best thing ever, but i hate having a cell phone so its just some cheapo i carry around with me. Anyway, this is my second one, i had one before this and the screen went out. They replaced it for free, and i got this one, and i've had it just about the same amount of time, and the screen went out again. BUT, this time its kind of a big deal. I could care less if i lose all my pictures, and all my music etc. etc. but theres this one VERY IMPORTANT phone number i need. Is there any way i can take it to the verizion store and have them find it? Like if they plug it into a compiter and acess all my contacts and info?

any other ways i see my contacts without having to need my screen? here's the bad part, i was thinking of just checking my bill, but i never actually called this guy...we've just been texting.

And heres the bummer, he has a mitsubishi mighy max he's willing to give up for a CHEAP price, i got a stellar deal on it, and i need to get to his house before sunday night, or else its getting scrapped. I really dont want to pass up this deal, i've been looking for months....

and i dont know what his adress is, and it wouldnt be worth it to drive all the way to his town and just ask around where he lives.

I was thinking about posting an ad up on craigslist and hoping he will read it and have him call my other number or email me.

So anyway, how on earth do i get his number out of my phone if i cant use the screen?....
Old 01-12-2012, 07:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Verizon backs up the contacts to their online database. You can get it that way or ask for your phone statement, the number will be on there.

P.S. Toyota > Mitsubishi
Old 01-12-2012, 07:37 PM

so there is a way to find this number if i've only been texting the guy for a day or two?

and yeah, i know, i know. Its going to be my new derby truck! give it some cool rattle can racing stripes and romp it around the farm!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:38 PM

Yeah go to Verizon, it should be on your statement I believe they can even show you what the texts said so you can be sure it's the right number.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:40 PM

hmmm, kinda creepy LOL ut oh well, nothing to hide here

how would i come about getting it? Online or through person?

btw, thanks for the quick response
Old 01-12-2012, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did your phone come with a USB cable? If it did, you can hook it up to your computer and view it under explorer. Thats what I can do with mine. When you hook up the cable, even though you can't read the phone screen, a window will open up on your pc asking if you want to open up as a mass storage device, say yes and, you should be able to view the phone's contents in explorer. Just a thought.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:41 PM

I'd go in-person, i hate doing stuff over the phone.

And no prob, just trying to help
Old 01-12-2012, 07:44 PM

it came with the cable, i actually tried doing that first thing after i got home just now, but i could use a computer to save my life so i didnt really understand what was happening. I think i actually found this guys number, BUT the second thing i'm worried about is my screen went out before my boss got a chance to tell me what time to show up for work on saturday morning, so i kinda need that too.

Thanks for the help guys, i'll keep fartin around with this thing.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:47 PM

when i plug it in it says i need to "install driver software" wich i need a cd for apparently.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:50 PM

Well I hope that you get thinks sorted out buddy. Technology at times gets the best of us, things were so much simpler in the olden days but, I can't send or read smoke signals so, the computer it is.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:52 PM

i hate technology man, i wish people would just leave me alone haha! Just give me an old fasioned compass and a cb radio and i'll be the happiest man alive
Old 01-12-2012, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by 85gijunk4x4
when i plug it in it says i need to "install driver software" wich i need a cd for apparently.
Well I'm no computer software programmer type of guy but, it sounds like that is what it is looking for. It's funny (not haha funny), like I said before, when I plug the phone to my pc, it doesn't ask me for that, not even the first time I did it, it just asks me if I want to open it as a mass storage device. I say yes and in windows explorer it shows up as a 'removable drive'.

Originally Posted by 85gijunk4x4
i hate technology man, i wish people would just leave me alone haha! Just give me an old fasioned compass and a cb radio and i'll be the happiest man alive
Where I work, everyone has a pc on their desk, that's how we do our job. The second we lose outlook express for our email, our day is pretty much done. If something happens to the network, we play solitaire and after awhile, we get sent home.

It's funny that when we were kids (in the late 60's and 70's), if the TV antenna crapped out, we were outside cutting the grass or shovelling the snow or help with house chores. I'm with you buddy, my compass is in my truck, I've got the cb (just have to get it tuned up again) and I'm a happy camper. (Didn't mean to go on like that!)
Old 02-27-2012, 09:51 AM

Wow and here i am (23) and doing everything off my phone because i have no computer lol maybe we aught to offer tech classes for u gessers lol
Old 02-27-2012, 09:52 AM

Did you ever get that truck?
Old 02-27-2012, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by racerflea
Wow and here i am (23) and doing everything off my phone because i have no computer lol maybe we aught to offer tech classes for u gessers lol
Cool...I'm all up for that. You can teach old dogs new tricks....we just don't like it!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:42 AM

Lol dunno how nuch i could help you i lol i live in mississippi lol but feel free to pm me with any questions you have
Old 02-27-2012, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by racerflea
Lol dunno how nuch i could help you i lol i live in mississippi lol but feel free to pm me with any questions you have
Well that isn't as far as New Delhi India, where we end up when we have to call about any internet problems!