Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

Lock button, radio & interior lights won't work

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lock button, radio & interior lights won't work

hey everyone! Im new to yotatech.. anyways... i bought a new radio for my 97 4runner, i was wiring up everything and everything was working fine. i leave for 5 minutes, come back, try to turn on my radio and nothing happens, then i try to leave and lock the doors and nothing happens. i checked all the wiring and all the fuses in the drivers dash fuse box and everything was good. My power windows work, and my AC works. I have no idea how to fix this problem. Can anyone help????

The things that don't work are my power locking, my radio won't turn on, and my interior light won't turn on, But my windows and my Ac are fine. A
Old 05-19-2015, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by steve2sick
hey everyone! Im new to yotatech.. anyways... i bought a new radio for my 97 4runner, i was wiring up everything and everything was working fine. i leave for 5 minutes, come back, try to turn on my radio and nothing happens, then i try to leave and lock the doors and nothing happens. i checked all the wiring and all the fuses in the drivers dash fuse box and everything was good. My power windows work, and my AC works. I have no idea how to fix this problem. Can anyone help???? The things that don't work are my power locking, my radio won't turn on, and my interior light won't turn on, But my windows and my Ac are fine. A
Pretty sure you need to check all fuses. I don't mean to question your intelligence, but you did check your interior fuse box, right? I'm not positive about the 3rd gen, but it's likely the cover for the box will be labelled and you can find your issue. But on top of that, something will have caused the fuse to blow. So that's your next place to go.

Edit

Also, don't ever do electrical work of any kind with the battery connected. If you need a screwdriver to do the job, you can short the system or blow a fuse, which is what I believe you may have done here. Check your radio install to be sure there's no open wires hanging around and such.

And of course, welcome to Yotatech and good luck fixing this issue.

Last edited by 87blackbeauty; 05-19-2015 at 04:54 PM.