Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

The Tech section, feedback

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
The Tech section, feedback

As long time members know, we have the old Tech section here I use to work on long ago.
https://www.yotatech.com/~corey/tech/techpage.htm
I had plenty of time back then, as I was laid off from Boeing.
Believe me, doing it the old HTML way took a lotta time for each article submitted to me.
Often more than one hour, sometimes more.

With our new Tech section it is mucho easier.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f125/
It is all done in the forum format, and the pics are organized by folders on the server with the username and mod they are submitting.

This morning I uploaded a DRL one submitted by Craig, and the whole time it took me including FTP, making a folder, getting the URLs to the pictures, ect, ect...took me about 10 minutes for his.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f127/2002-4runner-drl-disable-off-capability-87596/

This is the first Tech article I have put up in ages, and I am using his as a reference for the formatting for future submissions, as we want some continuity here with future articles with the same look and feel.

You will see that it says:
Article by:
Username: Real name, and in bold text.

The procedure text is also in bold text along with the info at the bottom:
Any questions about this article, please contact Craig

The feedback I would like to hear in this thread is if the format looks pleasing enough and easy to follow.

I plan on submitting several once I take delivery of my new beast if it ever gets here this year

Speaking of submitting, I posted elsewhere a few weeks back we are in need of a front disc brake installation write-up.
There has to be some of you on here that have done a brake job or plan on one soon.

Why not record it with photos and the steps outlined and submit it?

Also you will see that the pictures in Craig's article are 640x480.
Is this big enough for you?
They look OK on my 20.1" widescreen LCD.
The biggest we could do here without the need to do any side scrolling in your browser (royal PITA by the way) would be an 800x600.

Suggestions?
Keep it at 640x480, or bump them up to 800x600?

I am really excited abut the new Tech section here, as it will afford the articles to be put up much faster and look better than in the past with the old way.

I can not wait to start modding the new beast, and for sure I will be recording it in the Tech section here at YotaTech.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool. I was wondering about that place. I wanted to make some stuff for it but never got around to it. Maybe now...
Old 06-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i like the new format. everything is uniform. i think the image size is enough as is. but it might be nice if they were linked to a larger image?
Old 06-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Chris # 1, the new Tech section has been up for several months now, but you will not see any of the articles unless you use the drop down list qand choose "show from beginning" or something like that.

Chris # 2, we could link to bigger pics too if need be, but the 640s look pretty good to me, but if a user want to submit a 1024x768 too, I can make the 640 link to it.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:17 AM

Location: Currently Virginia Beach, Va. Hopefully back to Wa. within the year...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has done the front disc write-up. I am going to be replacing my brakes and wheel bearings, therefore pulling the whole everything apart. Just so happens I am also a photojournalist, so, I'll make sure it's a well created write-up Let me know if you still need it. I have a '95 3.0 4x4. Either way I'll get the photos and stuff for my own "how I did it" and probably start a build thread. Going to be slowly but surely hackin' away at getting stuff done on this thing.