Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

So how do I log out now? Without leaving the site?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 05:51 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

What have you guys done this time? Good thing I didn't choose the remember me option before you went and axed that too. Then it would be impossible to log out...EVER!!!

Every time you change the site it gets worse and worse and worse and worse and worse and worse and worse and worse. As if there's enough times I can repeat that. I wish there was. Not ONE SINGLE thing has EVER been made better the ENTIRE time I've been here. Just stupider and harder to use every time you touch it. Why can't you just leave well enough alone? This is beyond ridiculous.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:07 PM

Received 568 Likes on 448 Posts
At least on my computer, you can log out using a link on the bottom right section on the homepage. Right now, that is the only place I can see to log out. All other pages don't have that link.

Give the site a few days for updates, then see if the changes are still for the worse.
YotaTech is run by Internet Brands Automotive. Maybe some mods might know more about the changes....
Old 05-17-2016, 01:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MudHippy
This is a little funny to me. Several months ago this site changed and became unuseable on my Nokia phone. After mentioning it to mods and posting about it nothing has changed.

I haven't logged in on my home computer for several months but I did today. When I finally went to log out I thought I was overlooking it. I click on site feedback and it brings me here- HA!

Nice work guys, may be you can update the site so it won't be usable for me on my home computer too???

Last edited by Odin; 05-17-2016 at 04:27 AM.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:33 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Thanks for showing me that old87yota. I really don't like being logged in all the time. Mainly because I like to see the real list of new posts. Which clicking the New Posts tab on the tool bar at the top DOES NOT show me WHEN I'M LOGGED IN. I used to be able to see them by clicking Recent Posts under the avatar of my screen name in the upper right corner WHILE LOGGED IN. Which is gone now. Along with all the other useful links once found there. So now I have to log out and use yotatech.com/search.php?do=getdaily which I'm lucky I even know about.

I remember when the site went unchanged for years at a time. Way back when the site was ad-free. Then the ads came. And it's been straight downhill ever since. Now it's let's change it every few months and make it suck worse every time we do.

HOLY CRAP!!! Just typed up a new post to explain a few more broken features and got totally screwed again. Went to use Go advanced and it crashed Internet Explorer. POST GONE. START OVER!! So I'll try this one more time and then I'm leaving for at least few months minimum. This is pissing me off so bad I'm going to have a stroke or something. I can't take this right now and I certainly don't need that.

1. Can't edit posts now. Says I'm logged out when I'm not. Tried logging in. Crashes Internet Explorer every time.
2. Double posts are now required to change any mistakes in previous posts. WTF? Are you serious with that? Go straight to hell!!!
3. The web address I put in my previous post did not automatically be come a link like it does on ANY website forum ON EARTH!!!
4. Automatic spell check is now gone too. Which was awesome while it lasted.
5. Cursor disappears when I use the mouse to move it or press enter to start a new line. So I can't tell where it is.
6. Did I mention Go Advanced is broke now too? Oh I see I did. Sorry.
7. Here's that link I intended to be usable as such. Wait better paste all this to notepad first. Odds are I'm going to get screwed trying anything "fancy". Didn't know I was needing to make backups every few minutes again. That was finally fixed after suffering that BS since the day I joined.
8. Well let's see if I can do that. yotatech.com/search.php?do=getdaily
9. NOPE!!! Got auto logged out again in the time it took me to type this post up. Good thing I'm not a retard and save it first before trying to post it.

Last edited by MudHippy; 05-17-2016 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:50 AM

^^ This guy has way too short of a fuse......

I have changed my opinion.

Last edited by old87yota; 09-20-2018 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Changed Opinion
Old 05-17-2016, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of those setting can be tweaked after updates. Sometimes the licensed VBulletin software that I think this site runs off of has to be updated so admins may have little or no choice but to update. Just my 2 cents.....
Old 05-18-2016, 11:38 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by old87yota
I know the mods do not maintain or change the site themselves and are there to oversee the activity on the forum.
Other similar forums like honda-tech seem to be going through the same changes as they are also owned by Internet Brands automotive.
We are just the zookeepers who watch over all you animals. Talk to IB if you want all this changed, there is nothing we can do.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
We are just the zookeepers who watch over all you animals. Talk to IB if you want all this changed, there is nothing we can do.
That is exactly what I thought.

I just wanted to know if the moderators happen to have any knowledge about the changes but I was pretty sure it is out of your control.

Thanks DeathCougar!!

Old 05-20-2016, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by MudHippy
I'm leaving for at least few months minimum. This is pissing me off so bad I'm going to have a stroke or something. I can't take this right now and I certainly don't need that.
BYE!

And feel free to make it more a few months...
The following 2 users liked this post by kawazx636:
ddiablolll (11-05-2018), old87yota (09-20-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh thank heavens this guy is gone, I've been a reader since 2004 when i did my first engine rebuild. I later made an account after college. Met him on my first post, after this guy chewed me out and called me a ton of names i left. He has since eddited these post, but he was calling me stupid, jr, idoit and many many many more names. This guy was one of the few posters after the site kind of died in 2006 he basically harassed me, I haven't even clicked on this site since 2012 when that crap happened.

got a birthday reminder on my email and I think I might stay now
Old 11-05-2018, 04:29 PM

Welcome back!

The current bunch of regular members are nice and helpful. This forum maybe less into "hardcore" off roading than it once was, but has become one of, if not the best Toyota Truck and 4Runner knowledge banks out there and is the forum I call home.

I usually don't like to pick on other members (if I do not like them, I just ignore and move on, very rarely happens here), but the arrogance of this guy just bugged me and really had no place here. He has not posted since this thread.

Oh, and happy birthday!

Old 11-14-2018, 03:43 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Yes, welcome back!