Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

Official YotaTech Logo Submissions

Old 02-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the blue chrome/tire tread logo poynter came up with...
for a sticker I'd prefer one that attaches to the inside of the glass as would most of our northern area members I think... the outside mount ones get chewed up when scraping ice off the windows.

maybe the stickers could add ".com" as an option so the un-initiated would know where to go?

on clothes I don't know that I'd want a tire tread on my back... personally I try not to let that sort of thing happen... and it might get to uncomfortable with too much embroidery against the shoulders...

logo on ladies sweat pants across the derriere? good idea...

use same blue chrome font (albeit smaller) as one option for member name on front of jacket... with yotatech in same smaller font on opposite side?

poynter I saw you have a high vis catalogue do you have those safety yellow/black/orange/reflector silver shirts? could be an idea for something to throw the logo on for trail spotters and so on...

for your free digitize would it have to be 24 of the same item or just 24 items?

Last edited by aviator; 02-11-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by aviator
I like the blue chrome/tire tread logo poynter came up with...
for a sticker I'd prefer one that attaches to the inside of the glass as would most of our northern area members I think... the outside mount ones get chewed up when scraping ice off the windows.

maybe the stickers could add ".com" as an option so the un-initiated would know where to go?

on clothes I don't know that I'd want a tire tread on my back... personally I try not to let that sort of thing happen... and it might get to uncomfortable with too much embroidery against the shoulders...

logo on ladies sweat pants across the derriere? good idea...

use same blue chrome font (albeit smaller) as one option for member name on front of jacket... with yotatech in same smaller font on opposite side?

poynter I saw you have a high vis catalogue do you have those safety yellow/black/orange/reflector silver shirts? could be an idea for something to throw the logo on for trail spotters and so on...

for your free digitize would it have to be 24 of the same item or just 24 items?
On a full back print that would have to be screenprinted.
We can get the OSHA safety yellow garments but they are pretty expensive.
On the 24 we could mix garments as long as they are all embroidery. For screenprint we would have to meet a 24 piece minimum for that as well.
Embroidery is so much simpler to turnaround. Once we have the logo digitized you can order 1 piece at a time anytime and its done fast. Screenprint on the other hand has to be 24 pieces each time you order and they have to fit it in the production schedule. There is about a 2 week turnaround on screenprint. Most embroidery would be a 1 week not counting shipping.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:55 AM

That seems compicated if Corey can line it up and we can just order whatever we want one piece at a time ??
Old 02-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Contributing Member

My understanding is you could still order one piece at a time for embroidered items like jackets/hoodies/golf shirts and so on but T's and screen print items would need to be held back until there was a 24 item min.

Not really complicated... just means the items chosen to be offered would be limited to embroidery types... we could arrange T's separately.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:37 AM

Thats pretty much it. I doubt it would take very long to get 24 pieces.

For tees we could do the same kind of deal, just take preorders until we get a full order together. The tees would all have to be the same design/color to meet the minimum. We could do multiple designs as long as we have 24 of each design. We can also do the jersey letters on the back for a few bucks more.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:28 PM

Here are some images I did this made up last night. Colors can be changed as desired. I got lots more editing to do with this but this is a simple rough design. I will add these to shirts, stickers & car magnets later when I get the design worked out better.

Let me know if you have ideas for my creation. Do not be afraid to criticize my work. The more input as to whats right about it or whats wrong with it is useful to me so I know what and where to improve my creation.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:41 PM

Here are some images I did this made up last night. Colors can be changed as desired. I got lots more editing to do with this but this is a simple rough design. I will add these to shirts, stickers & car magnets later when I get the design worked out better.

Let me know if you have ideas for my creation. Do not be afraid to criticize my work. The more input as to whats right about it or whats wrong with it is useful to me so I know what and where to improve my creation.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:42 PM

just wanted to edit

why does it double post when all I wanted to do was edit.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:07 PM

new design

I may be going a bit overboard here but hay what are rough drafts for. I did this so I can get feedback on what about it is good and what need to be edited changed and so on.

Last edited by shaggy-trash; 02-19-2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: did not post image
Old 02-19-2010, 08:19 PM

Another new one here

Last one for tonight I got to go to work but I think this one could be a actual logo

Old 02-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Contributing Member

shaggy,

I definitely appreciate the time you've put into those however I think we're going for a different style.
Something extremely simple and not too far out or unique.

Although the ones you made with the icicle type things coming off look pretty neat.
We also can't use the Toyota emblem or "T" in any of them as that could cause a huge legal issue.

I still like the original two that I cropped earlier - I say we get both of them digitize, give members different options.

Fink
Old 02-20-2010, 12:25 PM

I know I can not use the Toyota symbol it was just an idea of where a simple logo can fit with in the words. As for the "T" I only agree with you even though the "T" stands for tech and not toyota because judges these days do not understand the law or care to enforce them properly what so ever. Judges simply interpret the law these days.

I can try for a more simple Idea and remove the 3D aspect or keep the icicle yota-tech 3D portion and add 2D dirt tracks as I originally planed. I did not get into it because I had to work for one and becides that I had to load FunHouse back on my computer.

I admit I like the designs already posted but on the other hand there is not much competition. I had thought of something just like poynter's before I saw his images but I knew i had to put lots more work into it and I need my FunHouse program loaded I also do not have the ability to use a transparent background if I use FunHouse which is a draw back. I know images can be reformatted to have transparency with programs like photoshop but I do not have that program.

I have to work tonight as well so I probably will not make any progress on this. I can see your mind is fixed on another design but on the other hand other people may want something custom and if they do I'm here to show my work. I enjoy working on my projects. I appreciate your input.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:20 AM
Contributing Member

Some good looking stuff there shaggy, as Fink noted a bit more artsy then we are looking for generally I think but your stuff is def. in the mix. We have'nt made any decisions yet as we are still looking for submissions.

Your stuff has a real goth/rock appeal with the icicles and what not.

We can't use any "T" device because way back in the 60's and early 70's the Toyota logo was a faceted T. The they went to TOYOTA and finally the current logo.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jaredbishop
I like this as a sticker. I'd buy one

However I like the shirt on the far right shown above.
im with jared sign me up for 2 stickers please!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 02:39 AM

i like the tire treads and would buy at least 2 stickers and 2 or 3 t shirts.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Contributing Member

I'm ready to get this off the ground and I have the money set aside to do it.

More opinions on the logo would be great but I have my two choices set in stone.

Sticker logo:

Shirt logo:

Fink

Last edited by Fink; 03-08-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:46 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
sounds good to me.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
sounds good to me.
There's another...keep em coming.

Fink
Old 03-05-2010, 07:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fink, make it happen man. Lovin it. I bet I could even get the wife to wear that shirt.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by toy4run
Fink, make it happen man. Lovin it. I bet I could even get the wife to wear that shirt.
That's what I'm talkin' about! Thanks for the vote.

Fink

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official YotaTech Logo Submissions