Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

New Tech Article submission coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
New Tech Article submission coming soon

As long time members will remember, I started out the old tech write-up section long ago along with member MRaul.
It was in HTML format, and to be honest with you, it was a royal PITA!

Took a long time to format it, and get the pictures uploaded to the correct directory on the server.

All of our tech now has been copied from the old HTML format over to forum format by a few x staff members, and more submitted to me, then put up under my tech article account, Writeups@YotaTech.

Over on fjcruiserforums site they implemented a very cool way to get articles up.
They have a staging area where members submit their article in forum format, the same format our tech articles are in now.
Once the articles are done and formatted properly, a moderator there moves it to the permanent tech article section.

What I am proposing here is to create a staging area for you, and the permissions to that area will be setup just like the "Check out my truck" section.
You can create the thread, but no one can reply to your thread, thus it leaves it clear of clutter.
Once the article is done, I will copy the pictures and rename them 1.jpg 2.jpg, ect for every picture you have in the articles and upload them to the YotaTech server with a folder with your member name_article_name, then your pictures will be on the server.

We have had a few members in the past here pull their tech article pictures.
While the text remains in the tech area, the pictures are gone, thus ruining it for everyone who wanted to refer to the article for help.
That is not good in my book, and makes for poor business.

Having your pictures here on the server guarantees they will be there too in case your host goes belly up.

I will get this staging section probably done during my Christmas break.
I have a few other YotaTech projects I need to work on also, and part of my 11 days off for Christmas will be dedicated to working on these projects.

This will make it a lot easier for tech articles to be submitted since your thread will be up right away when you do it.
And once I get the pics copied to the server, I will move the article to the correct area here.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f125/

I also would like the pictures in 640x480 format.
That looks good with most monitors, and often I can fit two of them side by side if people are running high enough resolution on their monitors.

Thoughts on this?
Old 12-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

It is done.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f166.../#post50690008
Old 10-25-2008, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing Broken Inner CV Axle Shaft

Posted in the wrong thread

Last edited by Vermejo; 10-25-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you still keeping up with this? Might be kinda late in the game, but I wanted to post my York OBA build for my 22R-E. There's many threads, but no pics, so I wanted to renew the topic. Also, I'm getting ready to fab a bracket to hold the stock AC pump as well as the york compressor, and wanted to post the progress somewhere to get feedback.

Thanks!

-phil

Instagram: @philipgragg
Old 08-26-2015, 11:26 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

No, it was too hard to manage that section.
I would just put up an article in the section for your year of truck.