Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

Creating a Yotatrech Flyer to put on Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Creating a Yotatrech Flyer to put on Trucks

Hey all, I am working on a Yotatech flyer to share with other Colorado YT'rs to be printed up and carried with us, so that when we see another yota, we can stick it on their windsheild.

Has anyone else here created a similar flyer for their region. I just wanted to see what you've done.

I've surfed through the site to grab whatever logos I could, but did not find a specific spot where a collection of them live. Do we have anything like that on YT?

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I carry business cards with me Molly that a few on here helped me with, then I printed them with a laser printer at work.
Have left them on a few rigs windows.

As far as a flyer goes, you could collect a collage of pics, then put them into a flyer to show many different types of Yotas.

I have a 3 MB picture here, I understand the guy is a swinger
You can even see a reflection of trees on the hood.
And that hood has not been washed in months.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Contributing Member

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
I've never seen a flyer, but I did have a guy shove a note through my window for Yotatech!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Contributing Member

This means I'll have to get a YT sticker so I don't get a bunch of flyers on my truck
Old 01-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dibble9012
This means I'll have to get a YT sticker so I don't get a bunch of flyers on my truck
x2 :-)
Old 01-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Contributing Member

I have often wondered about this myself. It is a good idea but could piss some people off although if something like that sends someone into anger fits do we really want them here? So I guess I have answered my own concerns about it HUH?

A small card would be cool. I think if it started off with something like "Cool Rig!" would wouldn't like getting that compliment. I know I am vain like that. LOL

I have YT stickers on the TJM in front and in the back window so I should be safe.

Last edited by ecchamberlin; 01-02-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Contributing Member

I think its a great idea.

Plus I have YT stickers, so I should be safe.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...business+cards

its been talked about before. but there were some negative points brought up...
Old 01-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
While a good idea...you folks need to be careful...cause I know personally I see someone "messing" with my truck, even to put a flyer on it, my first instinct is find a large heavy object to dent their noggin with...

Old 01-02-2007, 05:16 PM

Putting something on someone rig is a bit presumptuous not to mention tampering with a motor vehicle if they choose to press charges. If I'm not mistaken the advertising company can also incur a fine per flyer if they are found littering streets as well as any fines the City, County, State may choose to levy for advertising without a permit.

I was thinking about a YotaTech.com license plate frame or even a sticker.

Someone had the Toyota emblem with horns maybe it could be incorporated into a sticker design.

I'm very picky about what I put on my rigs and usually nothing. As soon as I get my plates the dealer's frames are gone.

But I would consider a YotaTech sticker if it were nicely-tastefully done.

Last edited by KD7NAC_07FJ; 01-02-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:19 PM

I think the idea is good and means well, but if I saw some person putting something on my windshield or if they set off my alarm Id be suspicious for sure and possibly a little pissed until things are explained. You really dont know who you will run into and rub the wrong way. I think the stickers are the best way. If they are into their vehicle they will no doubt check out your vehicle and see the sticker which then can direct them to this site. Just park next to them

Last edited by Godzilla; 01-02-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Originally Posted by KD7NAC_07FJ

But I would consider a YotaTech sticker if it were nicely-tastefully done.
From our stores page
https://www.yotatech.com/~corey/stickers/yota5.jpg

We will have another design released too with our brand new clothing store which is soon to launch.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

I would not be upset if I found a flyer on my rig tucked under the wiper if it led to a forum such as this.

I do not like others messing with my rig, but I think a flyer is a little different.
I think Molly has a pretty good idea.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
as i stated in that linked post that talks about the same issue, i dont think its a good idea. i mean, how many times have you gotten in your vehicle and seen a flyer on it and got pissed? i would say that 9/10 times, i dont even read it and either chuck it on the ground or take it with me to throw it away later.

i think that people who truly give a hoot about wheeling will find the wheeling clubs on their own, flyer or no flyer.

and about hte medium, in terms of obnoxiousness, i say:

flyers (most obnoxious)
card (least obnoxious)

sorry moll, no hard feelings!

bob
Old 01-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Contributing Member

No hard felings taken guys. We have been doing this in colorado with CoTTORA and I have never had anyone be pissed. Seriously. I guess it is pretty accepted here. I am thinking a small tasteful 4x6 card on cardstock. And I do like the Idea of saying "Nice Rig".

Whenever I tell guys about Yotatech or TTORA they seem very interested - and ask for more info, so that is another reason I carry flyers. In fact I probably give out 10x more of them when on trail runs or if I pull up next to someone than putting it on their windsheild...

So with that said if these cards are made to be carried and then handed out when peeps ask... I think that would be worthwhile!
Old 01-02-2007, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lysmachia
So with that said if these cards are made to be carried and then handed out when peeps ask... I think that would be worthwhile!

Absolutly! I always get asked for SAR info when I'm out on a trail (on foot and in my marked suburban). I never seem to have enough.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:46 AM

I think Mollys Idear about say "nice rig" and the address of yota tech is a idea. i look at the flyers put on my rig before i throw them away or keep them.
I wouldnt hurt to try the flyers. and if ppl get mad we should stop.
im more than wiling to pack some flyers around with me!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Contributing Member

I have a little "YotaTech" stencil that I carry with me and periodically paint the YT logo on rigs that I see...
Old 01-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Contributing Member

I guess it depends on what is accepted practice where you are...
Personally I get pissed when I find a flyer stuck under my wiper, I just trash it right away. A lot of people just chuck it on the ground to blow away. I would not want yota tech to be associated with littering... to say nothing of the waste of paper and resources... A better idea IMO would be to create a download for a business card printout or small 4x6 sheet with the info on it and keep them on hand and personally give it to the driver when you see them.
Aviator
Old 01-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Contributing Member

I spread the word through personal contact with other 'Yota owners once I know them a bit.

Quick Reply: Creating a Yotatrech Flyer to put on Trucks