The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

the Mikronized build up : lex V8 and SAS.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the Mikronized build up : lex V8 and SAS.

well the runner lost a HG yet again and I'm sick of dealing with it.
I considered buying a newer runner instead, but I think I'll be happier with the results of building up my existing rig.

sooooo..
1UZ lex V8
SAS with toy axle
elock rear, aussie front
Bumpers front and rear from BigRocks
35's or 37's depending on how I feel.

I choose the 1UZ because it seems like an "easier" swap then the 5VZ, allowing me to keep my tranny and tcase, and the 1UZ only weighs 1lb more then the 3VZ but puts out 100 more HP and won't require a body lift to fit.

I have a commuter car to drive while the runner is off it's feet so time is not an issue.... I expect this build to take a year or more.

also I will be selling all my front IFS lift components and 3VZ engine parts... so get your check books ready now.

I'll update with pics/info as things progress.

also big thanks to Cebby, I'm sure I'll be on the phone with him a lot over the next couple of months.

Last edited by Mikronized; 08-14-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*subscribed*
Old 08-14-2006, 10:05 PM
Contributing Member

me too.

keep me updated on this man, i'll happy to help with any wrenching or anything.
and then i'll be jealous of your new setup haha
Old 08-14-2006, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool beans, I may do this someday too.

Lamm
Old 08-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Banned

get busy!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by calrockx
me too.

keep me updated on this man, i'll happy to help with any wrenching or anything.
and then i'll be jealous of your new setup haha
thanks dude! I'll let you know.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:37 PM

Gonna be nice to see this come together.

I am curious why you say the 1UZFE will be an easier swap than the 5VZFE though. I just did a 5VZ swap into my truck 4 months ago, and I must say it was quite easy. The tranny bolted directly up to the motor, the wiring was a bitch but not too hard, and the rest was all small things. The 1UZFE needs a trans adapt to bolt up, and im not too sure on the other aspects, but I would think since the 3VZE and the 5VZ are so alike, it would be an easier swap. Is yours automatic, is that why you say you can keep your trans? Im not too sure whats required for the automatics. Just curious on your reason for saying it is easier...
Old 08-14-2006, 10:50 PM

from everything I've seen, the 5VZ swap is easy on the 5speed, and the 1UZ is easy for the auto.

Since I have an auto, for me to swap in a 5VZ I'd have to get a new tranny, and a custom gear drive tcase. with the 1UZ I just need a bellhousing, TC, input shaft and oil pump out of the tranny that comes mated to that 1UZ and then all those parts will bolt right to my tranny so everything just bolts together.

Originally Posted by MorphiasX
Gonna be nice to see this come together.

I am curious why you say the 1UZFE will be an easier swap than the 5VZFE though. I just did a 5VZ swap into my truck 4 months ago, and I must say it was quite easy. The tranny bolted directly up to the motor, the wiring was a bitch but not too hard, and the rest was all small things. The 1UZFE needs a trans adapt to bolt up, and im not too sure on the other aspects, but I would think since the 3VZE and the 5VZ are so alike, it would be an easier swap. Is yours automatic, is that why you say you can keep your trans? Im not too sure whats required for the automatics. Just curious on your reason for saying it is easier...
Old 08-15-2006, 12:11 AM

hell yeah joel! we'll get that SAS done for sure.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mikronized
from everything I've seen, the 5VZ swap is easy on the 5speed, and the 1UZ is easy for the auto.

Since I have an auto, for me to swap in a 5VZ I'd have to get a new tranny, and a custom gear drive tcase. with the 1UZ I just need a bellhousing, TC, input shaft and oil pump out of the tranny that comes mated to that 1UZ and then all those parts will bolt right to my tranny so everything just bolts together.
Not true. The 5VZ will work with your A340H w/o a problem, it's just not popular. Team Shift Point has done this swap numerous times w/ success.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing the 1UZ swap commence!
Old 08-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Contributing Member

Just curious as to how you Cali folks are getting around the legal issues of these swaps? Any info would be greatly appreciated as I too would love to get rid of my 3.0.

TIA ... Lee
Old 08-15-2006, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by RLJ3RD
Just curious as to how you Cali folks are getting around the legal issues of these swaps? Any info would be greatly appreciated as I too would love to get rid of my 3.0.

TIA ... Lee
It hasnt come time for me to smog the truck yet, so the DMV still thinks I have a 3.0, but when it comes time here in a few months I am going to go to the referee and have it all checked out. As long as you have all of the emissions equipment that was included on the donor vehicle, it is legal. Yes that means I am running two cats, two oxygen sensors, and the evap box that was on the donor Tundra. My only problem right now is that I have an automatic ECU, which means that my CEL is stuck on since it cant find the automatic tranny because it doesnt exist, the truck is manual. Either way, I am on the hunt for a manual 5VZ ECU, and all of the issues will be solved. The referee checks over the truck to make sure everything was done right and the emissions requirements have been satisfied, then he passes it for you for the smog check. This has to be done for the first two smog checks following the swap, then I will be given a sticker that is to go on the truck (in the drivers door jamb i believe) that says its been refereed and is ok to be smogged at any shop.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:34 PM

cool, I still want to do the 1uz swap, but I'm interested to see how they did it... any links or tech info?

Originally Posted by rockota
Not true. The 5VZ will work with your A340H w/o a problem, it's just not popular. Team Shift Point has done this swap numerous times w/ success.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing the 1UZ swap commence!
Old 08-15-2006, 08:35 PM

It hasnt come time for me to smog the truck yet, so the DMV still thinks I have a 3.0, but when it comes time here in a few months I am going to go to the referee and have it all checked out. As long as you have all of the emissions equipment that was included on the donor vehicle, it is legal. Yes that means I am running two cats, two oxygen sensors, and the evap box that was on the donor Tundra. My only problem right now is that I have an automatic ECU, which means that my CEL is stuck on since it cant find the automatic tranny because it doesnt exist, the truck is manual. Either way, I am on the hunt for a manual 5VZ ECU, and all of the issues will be solved. The referee checks over the truck to make sure everything was done right and the emissions requirements have been satisfied, then he passes it for you for the smog check. This has to be done for the first two smog checks following the swap, then I will be given a sticker that is to go on the truck (in the drivers door jamb i believe) that says its been refereed and is ok to be smogged at any shop.
yeah, pretty much what he said.. you have to have it refereed.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:35 AM

Can't wait to see the buildup!!! The 1UZ is the best thing I ever done to my truck!! It's becoming a very popular swap in Oz now......5 of my mates either have them in there Toys, or are in the process of fitting one!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 04:13 AM

Where can I find more info on this swap? Would I be able to swap this engine into a 94 4x4 truck that currently is 22RE with a 5 speed?

That would be an amazing improvement and so cool.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:01 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Smog referees?

Old 08-16-2006, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mikronized
cool, I still want to do the 1uz swap, but I'm interested to see how they did it... any links or tech info?
Here's a link to the thread on YT - https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/3-4-swaps-galore-pics-3-swapped-trucks-more-44908/

Definitely looking forward to watching this swap!!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 05:52 AM
Contributing Member

This works as long as the swap is clean and passes smog. Many ricers go w/ JDM motors, which weren't built to CARB specs and have a difficult time passing smog. I think he was trying to go w/ a JDM engine.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by ebelen1
This works as long as the swap is clean and passes smog. Many ricers go w/ JDM motors, which weren't built to CARB specs and have a difficult time passing smog. I think he was trying to go w/ a JDM engine.
nah, JDM is out.... I've got good leads on lowmile complete engine/tranny combos.

Quick Reply: the Mikronized build up : lex V8 and SAS.