YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Off Road Tech, Fab Shop, Solid Axle Swaps, Tool Time, & Engine Swaps > The Fab Shop
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2005, 02:53 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Question Dana 44/60 install?

I just bought a new project truck. 84 Toyota pick up.

I will be in stalling a dana 44 under the front and a dana 60 in the back.

does anyone know where I can get some tech articles on this? Trying to get as much info as i can. IE What kind of steering should I go with? Do I have to move my leafspriong perches?

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

1999 4-Runner K&N Air Filter, Daystar 3" lift, and 265/75/16 Mud Kings
1984 Pickup (project) 4.3 vortec motor, 5 speed trans or 350 auto, dana 44 for front and dana 60 for rear
ecm4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:49 PM   #2
Contributing Member

search on Pirate4x4.com...search here...I've never done a swap but I'm sure theres a lot out there who have, its kinda like SASing a truck that's already converted to SA and just switching the axles (if that makes any sense)
*1991 Toyota Pickup Ext. Cab SR5 4x4 V6 5 spd K&N intake, port & polished heads with OS valves, port & polished intake manifold and plenum, NWOR headers and crossover, NWOR catback, Denso Iridium plugs, Redline Fluids, 4.88s, Rear LockRight, Aisin hubs, Chevy springs, BJ spacers, 2" RB body lift, 34x10.5 Swamper LTBs, WolphisWorks Sliders and bumpers, 400,000 mi.
Silver_Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 12:46 PM   #3

ask shannon brookshire on ttora, hes got the same setup, he might be able to point you in the right direction
Old 05-20-2005, 04:23 PM   #4
Contributing Member

Send a message via AIM to joez
Search pirate, plenty of people have gone fullwidth over there. Sky manufacturing just started selling a fullwidth conversion kit, might want to look at that for a pre-fabbed front hanger.

http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/

Its on the front page still.

1997 4Runner V6 5-speed.
1987 4Runner 22re 5-speed.
1993 FZJ-80. Marlin'd, Slee'd, RCV'd, on 40's.
joez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:19 PM   #5

theres alot of diffrent ways on my old runner way back when i built a front new x-memeber,and formed offset shackels..rear is easy just move the spring perches to match your stock spring centers,the front has the perch into the pumpkin,so yea gotta match it to the diff..sky has a offset singal shackel with a straight one..i made double offset with a spacer to make the center to center..i did a truck couple weeks ago re/re the full size install with some newer yota rears moved the box and 44 forward 4.5:" and re/re the diff turned the pumpkin to make up for the awful angle..i would really spend the money go with a x-over or hy-steer for sure..brakes were the biggest issue theres alot of little things to it ...its fun
Old 06-02-2005, 12:25 PM   #6

If you are gonna have a big motor and run larger than 37s or drive pretty rough I might consider a front D60. It will cost more but that's what you have in the rear. But, for the aforementioned reasons that D44 will be the weak link due to u-joints. Once you upgrade to alloys shafts and CTMs you be ok but you be spending a bunch more cash. So why not start of with a D60 and have more growing room so to speak. Have fun.

Oh, and is your sig correct? "3.7 vortec..."
Old 06-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1984, 350, 44, 44s, 60, 82, axle, d44, dana, front, installation, pickup, rear, spool, toyota