YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Off Topic, Wiki Discussions, Fraudulent Vehicle Listings, & Stolen Rigs > Off Topic Talk
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic Talk If it's non Toyota & tech related, put it here

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2004, 05:19 AM   #1
Contributing Member
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Send a message via MSN to ugadawg95 Send a message via Yahoo to ugadawg95
Powering Home Electronics Using a Car Battery?????

I have seen some folks at tailgates that use regular car batteries to run a TV and Sat receiver. We have been doing so with a generator for about 3 years now, but this year I want to try something different. How would I go about using a car battery to accomplish this? I am guessing I would have to get an inverter and do it that way, but the battery will eventually die down and I have no way to recharge it unless I keep switching out one battery from the car with the one powering the equipment. is there any other way to do this?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

SOLD! 99 4Runner Limited, Jade Mica.

08 4Runner Urban Runner Edition 4wd. Blizzard Pearl White...Let the mods begin!
ugadawg95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 05:38 AM   #2

A dual battery setup may work best, Make sure you use a Battery Isolator that way you won't drain your "start" battery. You can pick up decent isolators from any RV center.

Run the invertor off the second battery,

Just my two cents...
4Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 07:55 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to OneTrickToy Send a message via MSN to OneTrickToy
I've got a crappy inverter, only 140watts(but free). I have the inverter mounted under the hood. It's powered remotely by a switch on my dash. I've got wires running from the inverter to an outlet on a lower section of my dash(below where the old speakers were, it's black). When I get a better inverter I'm going to run romex wires and I'm going to put a second outlet(outdoor style with waterproof cover/seal) at the back of the bed. Here are the pics. Oh yeah, don't mind the cable ties holding the inverter. It's just a temp. setup until I get a better inverter.

Click the image to open in full size.

Sold 1991 300ZX Twin Turbo Stage 3+

Sold 1991 4x4 Pickup V6 5spd; 3" Rancho lift; 1.5" BJ Spacers; Rear Detroit

Last edited by OneTrickToy; 08-31-2004 at 07:58 PM.
OneTrickToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:52 PM   #4

in our quad trailer weve got a sweet setup. Me and my dad built a bathroom in it and put lights in and stuff. To power it we use a 2500 watt inverter hooked up to 6 golf cart batteries. We used the golf cat ones because they are deep cycle and last a long time. The batteries are only 6 volt though so you have to hook 2 up in series and then hook them to the next series in parrellel. Anyways it works good and the batteries are charged by my dads truck when we are pulling it.
Diff breather mod (1st mod ever on 4-30-04)
terky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
Banned
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)

Use JUMBO High Power Battery its better then one you can find it and Appliances store and any general store...you can also buy from jumbobattery.com..
milino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:23 PM   #6

Read and learn, padawan.

I would recommend a Pure Sine Wave inverter if your primary loads are going to be electronics. Square, and Modified Sine Waves can induce signal 'noise' in home entertainment electronics.
There is no way to rule Innocent Men. The only power any Government has is the power to crack down on Criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many thing to be a crime that it becomes impossible to live without breaking laws.

-Ayn Rand: Atlas Shrugged

BRING FUSTER BACK!!!

Last edited by Phssthpok; 08-01-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
batteries, battery, car, duron, electronics, home, inverter, portable, power, powering, receiver, rig, run, start, tv