YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Off Topic, Wiki Discussions, Fraudulent Vehicle Listings, & Stolen Rigs > Off Topic Talk
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic Talk If it's non Toyota & tech related, put it here

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2003, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to OneTrickToy Send a message via MSN to OneTrickToy
Question How to find who owns the land around you?

Is there any easy way to get a map that tells you who owns the land around you? I live on 5 acres, and we know who owns some land on one side, but the other side we dont' know. There is a house that's a couple hundred yards away, but we don't know how far his property extends up the hill. Basically there is a ton of forest that extends up past our property, and from looking at satelite photos I can tell that there aren't any roads or houses for several miles. I want to figure out who I need to contact for permission to hunt the land.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

Sold 1991 300ZX Twin Turbo Stage 3+

Sold 1991 4x4 Pickup V6 5spd; 3" Rancho lift; 1.5" BJ Spacers; Rear Detroit
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-26-2003, 08:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sponsoring Member
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)

You should be able to go to the county assessors office to at least get a look at a map of the property lines. The "county assessor" is a goverment office, and it's usually contained in the same building as other county offices. Look 'em up in the blue pages of a phone book.

A comment about sat photos... Most of the ones that the public have access to are 5+ years old, and you may not be able to see roads that have been cut int he last couple of years.
'96 4Runner Limited S/C MI - 370cc injectors, Air! horns, Airaid MIT, ATS A-arms, 285/75/R16 BFG MTs, Bored TB, Brembo slotted, Cobra 75 WXST, Deckplate, Downey headers, Hayden cooler, IPT valve body, Level 10 torque convertor, Meanstreak exhaust, OME/OME rears, On-board PC (XM, Nav, WiFi, etc), Port 'n Polish, Remote Start, SAW fronts, Hilux console, SMT-5, Stubb's sliders, Supra MAF, TJM-17, 2.0" pulley, Viair 450c, Walbro 190, Weasy2k cams
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-26-2003, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

You should check your local county website to see if they have that information online.

I work for our counties enterprise GIS division and I head up the team that is responsible for our mapping website. Clark County, NV - OpenWeb Info Mapper We update our aerial photography every six months. I realize that most counties can't afford to do this or have the resources on hand, but most counties aren't growing at our pace (or haven't experienced it yet).
Old 12-26-2003, 10:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Contributing Member

If you have a land survey of your property it usually shows tax map numbers for the bordering propertys and with that you can go th the county tax assessor and look up that tax map & get a copy or look up the deed.
92' Pickup 4x4 Xtra cab V6
98' Corolla LE
81' Celica GT
Old 12-26-2003, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Contributing Member

Send a message via MSN to cabbage
try globexplorer for sat photos, they updated their database of the area I live at last May... And the county assessors office that midiwall brang up is the place to go.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

I'm not too worried about the age of the photos. There's been a moratorium on all land surrounding the lake. So I KNOW there are no new developments. I'll look into the county offices.

Old 12-26-2003, 05:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by cabbage
try globexplorer for sat photos, they updated their database of the area I live at last May... And the county assessors office that midiwall brang up is the place to go.
That sites really cool. I can see my house from the photos.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

last update for our area was 1998. So no pics of my house.

Old 12-26-2003, 08:41 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
area, clark, county, fin, find, finding, house, kind, land, live, map, ouns, owns, property, shows, specific, usa