Notices
Hot Deals - Free Stuff - Craigslist Use this section if you have free stuff to get rid of, or you have found deals on the Internet you'd like to share with the members like Craigslist

Craigslist Find: 1998 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD (5 speed with locking rear diff)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 08:38 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Craigslist Find: 1998 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD (5 speed with locking rear diff)

Not Mine. No affiliation.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...142576201.html

Ad reads:

The time has come to sell Douglas, my 1998 Toyota 4runner. 139,000miles, no major mechanical issues. Manual, 6 cylinder, Locking rear differential. The car has always been in my family-Bought new by my uncle, sold to my father, and for the past 2 and a half years I have been driving the car in college and am selling it on my dads behalf. In this time The car has taken me the length of the west coast I think 5 times, across the country and back, and 1000 miles through Baja.
known needs:
Clutch has a little less spring/is a little more soft than other toyota's I've driven. Has been this way for the 40,000 miles I have driven the car and not become much worse-I would drive it cross-country the way it is.
The mechanic who last changed the rear differential fluid noted some metal shavings in the old gear oil, and said that it may need new gears at some point. That having been said the rear diff. makes no noise throughout the rpm range and 4wd hi/lo works flawlessly.
small amount of rust in the corners of the rear bumper.

Yakima roofrack included in asking price, bike racks sold seperately. Selling because I am done with school and need a truck that I can put a camper on the back of and will better accommodate the amount of driving I do. I will be driving down to san diego (from Idaho, where I currently live) to look at a truck/camper combo around aug. 5th-7th, and can meet you anywhere in the LA or San Diego areas. Listed the car as being in Claremont because that is where I went to school and will probably be staying for the time I'm in the area. If you are interested, get in touch and we can coordinate.