Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Steadfast motors

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Banned for being an asshat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Steadfast motors

I got this forwarded to me from a friend today, after he went shopping while stationed in the S.F. Bay Area.

*I only post and support it because funnily (maybe not so funny, huh) enough,
when I was out there, I actually had a different friend, who'd asked I go along with him,
to do the test drive, and it's the same ad, months later, same place, etc-etc.

I figure that any Newbie researching on a purchase shouldn't have to go through this,
causing a bad feeling about a wonderful vehicle.
(In other words, Corey, please leave this up, or tell me where to move it to.)

The ad isn't even changed!!! (Props to M&M for following through and contacting Craigslist!!

Bad ju-ju is due to these schmucks, if you can, protect yourself!!

Originally Posted by MikeMerrell
RE: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/339970002.html

You really should permanently block Steadfast Motors in Santa Clara, CA from posting anymore ads, they bait and switch buyers!!

Went to look at and purchase vehicle, when arrived there, they took forever to bring vehicle around, by which time girlfriend was extremly frustrated. I go out to look at the truck, and it's nothing like the pictures/description. The reason this concerns me, is apparently I'm not the first person to nearly fall for this, and they've apparently "..used this tactic to sell a complete turd, or better yet, another pricier model like they presented us with..." (excerpted from the ToyotaTerriory Bad Sellers/Scam thread, along with a couple other Toyota Forum sites.)

I've spoken with the poster(s) of the info in the forums, as well as the site administration, and all have verified the legitimacy of the warning, as one of them himself had this happen with their "Golden Toyota 4Runner".

Please, do better to protect the general public, and those that frequent your site from such low-life "Used Car Salesmen" (does sound a bit too cliche, huh) that are pulling this kind of junk.

Side note, luckily enough I found a better buy closer to my home, thanks to a copy of another ad I had with me. I really was looking for the type of truck advertised by Steadfast, but, as I look back at it, they're getting what they deserve by my spending the time to go ahead and report this, and spend my hard earned money elsewhere, and warning others of their practices.

With Sincerest thanks for addressing these Schmucks,

Mike Merrell, San Jose, Ca

Last edited by Four Runner; 05-29-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:06 PM

Thumbs down This is what the ad looks like.

Copied the ad to here for all to see.

1995 Toyota 4 Runner 4x4 Automatic 3.0 V6 Clean Loaded SUV VISA/MC - $4999 (santa clara)
Reply to: sale-339970002@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-05-28, 1:32PM PDT

We are selling a 1995 Toyota 4 Runner SR5 package. This SUV is 4wd and comes with all of the power options. It looks and runs great. All of the options work well. The SUV does not need any mechanical work. It is ready for the next owner. The exterior and interior of the truck are in great shape. There are no major dents dings or scratches. This 4 Runner has not been abused or 4 wheeled. There is on rust under the vehicle or on the body. Under the truck, all of the running gear shows no signs of abuse or damage. Great truck, it's ready for work or play. This Toyota is ready to go for another 10 years. No disappointments with this SUV. The Toyota has passed the SMOG inspection.

The Toyota comes with the following options:

3.0 Liter 6 Cylinder e Engine
4 Speed Automatic Transmission
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Cruise Control
Tilt Steering Wheel
Privacy Glass
Manual Transfer Case
Roof Rack
And Many More Options

The Toyota has a Clean Title and has been SMOGGED for the next owner.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: *All advertised prices exclude government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer document preparation charge, and any emission testing charge.

Please call for more info at (408)449-7443 or e-mail at: STEADFASTMOTORS@GMAIL.COM

PLEASE VIEW OUR COMPLETE INVENTORY AT: WWW.STEADFASTMOTORS.COM

Para informaci?n en espa?ol llame a Miguel al (408)794-9661

* This item has been posted by-dealer.
* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 339970002
Now get this, I ran the vin/plate info, not in their posession, under another title. Maybe using their own car, or stolen pics to pull this? Even better, the truck doesn't even have a Roof Rack as Claimed!!

Last edited by Four Runner; 05-29-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome....

Strange how a dealership has got pics of a runner parked in front of an apartment complex.

Oh, and it's listed here: http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...49&car_id=null

Note the other cars in seemingly random places too.

Last edited by KevinInSac; 05-29-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never trust a "dealership" that uses bad grammar or has spelling problems in their ads. Unprofessional from the get-go.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:52 AM

thanks for posting this, I'm local and thought about checking out some of their 4runners but it seemed fishy from the get go.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:14 PM

Lightbulb

Ok, just caught this bit...

The exterior and interior of the truck are in great shape. There are no major dents dings or scratches. This 4 Runner has not been abused or 4 wheeled. There is on rust under the vehicle or on the body.

The interior is very nice as well. The seats are in great shape. The Leather interior looks very nice, there are no cracks, rips or tears on the interior of the 4 Runner. The carpets look great as the rest of the truck.
Really, now??!

I'm surprised they still have a business license.

Looks like they're using cars on the street to make 'em look like the cars/trucks they're selling. I'm gonna tell Mike to pass the info onto the local police department.

I wonder if they ran the vin/plates who the owners of these "bait vehicles" actually are.

**Isn't it fraudulent to use info/pics on a vehicle that isn't yours?

If I catch them using my vehicle, pics, whatever, I'd go and kick someone's a$$ really quick.

There was a place out in Chappel Hill doing that once, guy caught someone trying to look at his car, take a pic, late in the evening, and, well, somebody ended up getting shot over it.

Must take bals to go up and take a pic like that. I wonder if they offer a "bribe", or flatter the owners to get the pic, not actually telling them what it's for.

I'm glad Mike sent this to me, and you (KevinInSac) found that ad too.
Not to be a wannabe vigilante, or anything, I just think we're calling "..a spade a spade."

If nothing else, does anyone know who else to report this kind of stuff to??

(BAR) Bureau of Automotive Repair??

(?)They could block them from getting any service parts.(?)

Last edited by Four Runner; 05-30-2007 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:28 PM

Lightbulb

Hey, maybe we all should log into their site and apply for a sales job!!

Cripes, even I can make a fake ad...

Hokeypoke Motors
(555)555-1212
Hokepoke, Anytown

Ask for Inigo Montoya, or the Six Fingered Man.

We are selling a 1997 Toyota 4 Runner with an 4 Speed Automatic Transmission, 3.4l 6 Cylinder Engine. The truck is in excellent running condition and has been maintained well. The 4 Runner drives very solid. The engine and transmission are in great shape. The 6 cylinder makes very good power, quiet and very smooth. There is no hesitation, smoking or any other issues with the engine. The transmission is a 4 Speed Automatic with an overdrive. All of the shift very smooth and there is no slipping in any gear The tires are in great shape mounted on Factory Alloy Wheels. The Exterior is in great shape. The paint is very glossy, there are no major dents, dings or scratches. The interior is very nice as well. The seats are in great shape. The Leather interior looks very nice, there are no cracks, rips or tears on the interior of the 4 Runner. The carpets look great as the rest of the truck. The Toyota has a Clean Title and has been SMOGGED for the next owner. TRADE-INS ARE WELCOME. FINANCING IS AVAILABLE (O.A.C.)

Better yet, how about a Lambo??

..or a bridge, cheap!!

This s#!t would be actually funny if it wasn't so wrong.

Last edited by Four Runner; 05-30-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:35 PM

dealers advertise cars they dont have anymore all the time just to get you to come in...but this, these dont even look like they are their vehicles but more or less just vehicles off the street, they didnt even blurr out the tags
Old 05-30-2007, 10:43 PM

Question

Yeah, and this vehicle in particular was never theirs, just got an email, Mike said the P.D. ran owners reports on the vehicles in their ads!!

So, I really wonder now, if the vehicle(s) (that aren't even theirs) photographed have a "Clean title, etc-etc" is how they're dodging the law??

So, any bids on the Lambo or the New Jersey Bridge??

Last edited by Four Runner; 05-30-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:47 PM

ill give you everythiing in my pocket for that bridge

that consists of 25cents, some metal shavings, some lint, and a pack of trident...
Old 05-30-2007, 11:08 PM

Lightbulb

Sweet, I'll start drawing up the paperwork right now!!

OK, so you'll need to send that all to my friend, but first, I'll need to send you a check for the bridge.
(Buddy won a lot of money, and I gotta clear the bridge funds so I can sell it.) I'm in Nigeria...long story.

Deposit the check, then keep $100 for your troubles. Send me a check for the deducted amount, plus the $ .25..

I'll send you a UPS call tag for the metal shavings, lint, and pack of trident.

I'll call you to confirm receival once I log-in and UPS shows you've signed.

**BTW, my bad, Sorry to start joking in this thread.
~I wanna know that everyone will get where this is coming from.

Last edited by Four Runner; 05-30-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:01 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
This sounds almost the same guy that there is a thread on ttora that was selling a 4Runner using pictures of a built 4runner (i would post it but ttora.com's servers are down after an 'upgrade')...Craigslist kept removing the add and it kept popping up..
Great job warning folks about the dealership...bait and switch..hmmmm..oxygen thieves are everywhere..
Old 01-11-2008, 03:04 AM

Exclamation :bang: duh....!

First off let me tell you guys that you truly need to go buy lives, not cars. You say you contacted someone about the vins, and them not being registered to steadfast, "Now get this, I ran the vin/plate info, not in their posession, under another title. Maybe using their own car, or stolen pics to pull this?" how could you possibly know whos possession those cars are in? you don't and thats why i felt the need to comment on your lame ass back and forth comments. I happen to know exactly which auction houses all these vehicles came from. i happen to know that these cars arent just pictures of other peoples cars because i pick them up and drive them from the auctions, and take them to get photographed you bunch of pea brains! if you really want to "look up" try actually looking into if the person who supposedly has possession of the car whos vin you looked up actually still ownes the car, or if they have gotten rid of it!! dont any of you guys have anything better to do in life other than sit here and make up bull stories!?
Old 01-11-2008, 04:22 AM

oh wow, arent you just so big and bad?
Old 01-12-2008, 09:42 PM

Not half as bad as your big bad ass truck!!!! (so my friend here says!)
Old 01-12-2008, 10:06 PM

Bouncytig do you work for steadfast motors then?
Old 01-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by bouncytig1

First off let me tell you guys that you truly need to go buy lives, not cars. You say you contacted someone about the vins, and them not being registered to steadfast, "Now get this, I ran the vin/plate info, not in their posession, under another title. Maybe using their own car, or stolen pics to pull this?" how could you possibly know whos possession those cars are in? you don't and thats why i felt the need to comment on your lame ass back and forth comments. I happen to know exactly which auction houses all these vehicles came from. i happen to know that these cars arent just pictures of other peoples cars because i pick them up and drive them from the auctions, and take them to get photographed you bunch of pea brains! if you really want to "look up" try actually looking into if the person who supposedly has possession of the car whos vin you looked up actually still ownes the car, or if they have gotten rid of it!! dont any of you guys have anything better to do in life other than sit here and make up bull stories!?

Well hot damn! Im going right out to buy a 4Runner from them!

Explain the "mint" interior and the "leather" on the 4Runner then? Typo? Miskey? Incorrect info? I have heard all the excuses. And if you try to blame it on the "webmaster" you better go have a talk with him and figure out why he is posting incorrect information about your vehicles.

Bait and switch is illegal.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:05 AM

well, if you pay attention..

if you go back and look at the whole ad, not just the one pic. ad, that statement about leather interior is no where to be found. i am sub contracted out to do their driving part time. (whenever they go to the auctions) are ya sure your looking at the correct ads there and not just popping in pics from below with other car pics thinking its the same thing? cuz we have i dont know how many 4 runners!!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:22 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
SPAM!!!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:35 AM

as for the pics most are taken in front of the same house

Quick Reply: Steadfast motors