Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Randy's Ring & Pinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Randy's Ring & Pinion

Just thought I'd give some good feedback. I dropped off my 3rd member on a late Friday afternoon to have it rebuilt(new ring and pinion). I was told that it wouldn't be looked at until Monday and to expect it ready late Tuesday afternoon. I got a prompt call Monday morning giving me the final estimate. It was a little higher than I was first quoted, but I went along with it. They told me that it might be done that evening around 5:00 PM. I got a call at 3:00 PM saying it was done. Went down to pick it up. Looked like a brand 3rd member. New ring and pinion, all new bearings. They even went so far as to pressure wash(I'm guessing here), and then repaint it with what looks like engine enamel(very strong paint). Great service, great job!
Old 11-10-2003, 09:43 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Randy's Ring & Pinion

Originally posted by OneTrickToy
Just thought I'd give some good feedback. I dropped off my 3rd member on a late Friday afternoon to have it rebuilt(new ring and pinion). I was told that it wouldn't be looked at until Monday and to expect it ready late Tuesday afternoon. I got a prompt call Monday morning giving me the final estimate. It was a little higher than I was first quoted, but I went along with it. They told me that it might be done that evening around 5:00 PM. I got a call at 3:00 PM saying it was done. Went down to pick it up. Looked like a brand 3rd member. New ring and pinion, all new bearings. They even went so far as to pressure wash(I'm guessing here), and then repaint it with what looks like engine enamel(very strong paint). Great service, great job!
More than likely what they did was racked your 3rd back and grabbed a salvaged housing from a previous victim that they had reworked and repainted and built it to your specs. I doubt you got YOUR 3rd housing back. Read about the probs I had with the jokers, of course, I'm out of state. But I will never recommend them or use them ever again.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...highlight=ring

Last edited by keisur; 11-10-2003 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:35 AM

Angry Randy's Ring and Pinion Hate Mail

Dear Randy,
It has been a month and a half scince I have purchased Yukon gears, Detroit Truetrac, and a differential housing. Unfortunently I have not had the oppertunity to install them due to numorous problems. My first impression was speaking with Aaron. He was very nice and eager to help me. I decided to go with a True Trac and 4.11 gears. I was eager to get my stuff, but it took soooooo long to come that I called for a tracking number. Upon visiting UPS.com I noticed it spent 2 days at the distribution center with a notice about a change of address and it will come the next day. I decided to work in the yard all day because the package requires a signature. It never came so I decided to track it again and it turn out that they sent it to my lot down the road. I was confused so I waited down the road at the lot. When it came I opened it to find a t100 diff with a Truetrac. There was numorous mistakes on the shipping address such as my last named spelled wrong, but my street with my same name was spelled correctly. My zip code was used instead of my address (caused the ups delivery prob in the 1st place) and even my towns name was spelled Mooooresville instead of Mooresville. Ok this is manageable. Your company said that they would 2nd day a new diff at their expence. it would take 2 days starting Friday and they will send it Monday. Tuesday at 5:30 Aaron called me to tell me there was a problem. He proceded to tell me that I needed to extend my axle shafts (cut and weld extensions) so the splines on the Truetrac would fit. Huh............I thought it was coming tomarrow. Now I can only get a open diff or ARB. I bounced around from Aaron to Mac to Blue to Mac to Blue untill Blue told me to call tomarrow(wed) to figure out the balance and what I want to do. On wednesday I ordered an open diff built that day and sent here 2nd day, now I am happy.........I did however call for a tracking number with Pam and second guessed the shipping address. It turns out that it is still being shipped to my zip instead of my address (the first main issue). Well Pam says she changed the address again, and I see it Hopefully on Friday!!!!!!!

-Jonathan Waddell

NEVER BUY FROM RANDY's

Moral is to listen to Yotatech buddies
Other Problems
More Problems

Last edited by Hyperlite; 12-18-2003 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:24 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
It will also help if you put this up in the Vendor Feedback section

That's why it's there.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:48 AM

Just trying to inform the most amount of peeps that I can. I know it will be moved, just trying to warn fellow consumers
Old 12-18-2003, 11:08 AM

lol I think keisur has something about randy's over there too
Old 12-18-2003, 11:31 AM
Contributing Member

These guys sound like bad news, I think its important to get the word out on guys like this.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Toyo_Runner96
lol I think keisur has something about randy's over there too
yep, they'll never get another dime from me!!!! they sent me a front diff for a 2nd gen and then when they sent me the correct diff they forgot to install the metal dust shield on the inside of the companion flange!

here's my beef: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...threadid=20706

and my day-by-day tab on their f-ups: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...threadid=16829

check out the second pic on this link, it's the wrong front diff!
Old 12-30-2004, 11:47 AM

hah, let's dig this out of the grave. It's the same housing as I had before. The reason I know is because I can't figure out what housing it is. It doesn't fit the description of any other housing.

3rd housing ]See this thread[/URL]
Old 12-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Contributing Member

your link is screwed. but seeing where you live, I can see why they might have used your housing.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:08 PM

Hehehe I remember keisur's troubles.

I had both of my 3rds regeared and locked by Randy's and they did a great job. It was on my door when they said it would be there. The only trouble I had with those people was when I took my front 3rd back for the core charge ($216) it took them 3 weeks to get me the check when they said it would be a week.

Last edited by GRNTACO; 12-30-2004 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Contributing Member

being in their neck of the woods sure helps. having to ship everything back and forth is where they lack service and it also helps to send the correct front diff the first time. they also left off the dust cap for the pinion seal on the front 3rd, which didn't make me too happy but I'm living with it since I don't want to unstake that nut and mess up the preload. so far no probs in front though.

Last edited by keisur; 08-17-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:41 AM
Contributing Member

This is totally ignorant of me...please forgive...but what is a 3rd member? The rear end? Rear axle? If so, why do you call it a 3rd member?
Old 03-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Contributing Member

The rear differential that is plugged into the axle housing and the rear driveshaft is bolted to.

here's a pic from Roger Brown's site of a rear 3rd member:

Last edited by keisur; 03-28-2005 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:02 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks man..that's what I thought it was
Old 07-12-2007, 08:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
randy's ring :(

I ordered a set of yukons and a lock rite the lock rite had a 30 spline on one side and a 19 spline on the other. I was hopeing to get this done in a day but now i have to re order it. Kinda bummed just had to vent-
Old 08-17-2007, 04:34 PM

I have a 86 yota 4x4 with cv axle type front end. The stub axle on passenger side has alot of slack. What will I most likely have to change? Where can I get the parts cheap?
Old 08-17-2007, 05:35 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by johnjrr
I have a 86 yota 4x4 with cv axle type front end. The stub axle on passenger side has alot of slack. What will I most likely have to change? Where can I get the parts cheap?
So, in this case a new thread is a good thing. Your ? doesn't exactly fit in this section even really(try 86-95 Trucks & 4Runners). Good question though. I may even have an opinion on it. Get your thread on then noobster!

And,

Welcome to YT. I'm sure you'll find everything you need to know here, and then some.

Last edited by MudHippy; 08-17-2007 at 05:38 PM.