Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Nwor

Old 04-10-2003, 03:32 PM
Away

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do NOT buy from NWOR

Hey Everybody,

I hate to have to post this, but I have to bring this up so that maybe no one else will have to go thru the same thing.

Last year, when I was looking at suspension options, I asked about NWOR Springs. EVERYONE told me not to buy from them because they either had:

A. Inferior Products or
B. Poor Customer Service or
C. All the Above

I declined to heed this advice because NWOR offered a lifetime warranty on their springs and they seemed so nice on the phone when I had spoken to them. I bought my springs last November. You can see what I bought from them in my signature. The purchase went smoothly and my springs arrived. They certainly looked like a nice set of springs. Here's a thread about my install.

Before buying the springs, I was told that the Tacoma and 4Runner springs were DIFFERENT springs. When I received my springs from them, I noticed the springs they sent me had the EXACT same part # as the Tacoma Springs. I called NWOR to inquire about the possibilty of receiving the wrong set of springs. They assured me that while the springs had the same "family" of part numbers, they were indeed different springs. Again, I was told that the Tacoma and 4Runner springs were different springs. I spoke with Sergio for the initial purchase and for most of my subsequent calls to NWOR.

They promised the springs would give 1.5" of lift in the front, which I got after the initial install. The rear springs were also listed as providing 1.5" of lift. I got about 3" of lift out of them, which made me a bit ass-high. After removing the factory center cone isolators, the rear dropped another 0.5" which reduced the rake and it looked good. I wanted some rake, but not a lot.

Their website says that the front springs will "carry the additional weight of an added winch bumper and eliminate the Tacoma's drooping front end look". This implies you can throw a winch bumper on the truck and not have it sag. I bought a Manik Grill guard from another forum member here shortly after installing my springs. With it installed, the front end drooped quite a bit during braking and made the front end kinda "swishy" over bumps. Not the kind of behavior I expected based on their description of the springs.

After a few months, I noticed the front end was quite a bit lower than it had been right after the install, so I took off the grill guard. I gained about 3/8" height from doing that. It put me back up over 1" of lift, but not up to 1.5" like it should be. I just measured my truck and it's sitting 7/8" higher in front than before the springs were installed. No where near 1.5" of lift as promised. The rear is still sitting right where it was when I installed the springs. so, now I'm sitting extremely ass-high with a mushy front end, made all that much worse since there is so much wieght pushing forward because of all the rake.

I've called NWOR a few times to ask them to send me replacements for the front springs and their only response has been for me to remove all my springs, put the old ones back on and send them in to be inspected. That's just not really an option since that's such an f'ing pain in the @ss to do for the driveway mechanic. I can't use a home spring compressor on the front springs. I need to take them into a shop that has a decent wall-mount or clamshell type springs compressor to dismantle the front coil-overs. Besides, all I want is replacement springs for the fronts.

I called NWOR right before starting this post and played dumb for a bit when I got a salesperson on the phone. I think his name was Bill. I asked him about the statement concerning the winch bumper and if the Tacoma and 4Runner springs were one in the same. This time, I was told that they are one in the same spring. I was also told that the winch bumper would definitely make the springs droop. So, after that I proceeded to explain my situation and was met again with a brick wall which included being told that the reason the rear was so much higher was that the rear springs were most likely installed incorrectly.

As for the front, I was told that the way I was measuring the height increase/decrease was incorrect. I was told that from the top of the rim to the fenderwell was not a valid measurement and that I needed to use the "offical" Toyota measuring process by measuring from the frame to the ground while parked on a level surface, etc. Whatever.... Maybe that's fine for non-IFS trucks. Also, if I removed all the springs and sent them in, they could have them inspected and blah blah blah, I would have to pay shipping both ways even if they found the springs to be bad and were to send me replacements. No thank you.

The point to all of this (sorry it's so long-winded and rambling, but I'm pissed off), is to warn others not to buy anything from NWOR. They lie about their products. And once they have your money, they don't give a about you or your problems. Personally, I have no problems with the rear springs, it's just the fronts I want replaced.

Thanks for listening. I'm going to be saving for SAW's like everyone told me to get in the first place. Live and learn.
Dr. Z

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 07-31-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:14 PM

No Warranties Or Returns... that just about sums it up
Old 04-11-2003, 07:39 AM

Now, I'm not going to defend NWOR, because I've only bought one thing through them. I've had no problems whatsoever with my rotors. I don't think that I'd buy any springs from them, because of obvious outcoms, but it also is eaiser for me because I can just drive up to their warehouse and talk to them.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:01 PM

man that stinks that you had such a problem with them....

i bought new leafs for my 4runner from them and had no problems.

Im sorry to hear that
Old 04-13-2003, 11:06 PM
Contributing Member

I have not delt with NWOR, however, I did want to chime in a say that it is too bad they will not take care of you...I know that not every purchase can be flawless, I have had customers orders get messed up, however, the key to it is to correctly resolve the issue...Do not continue to inconvenience the customer, correct the error and move on....Just my $.02

Mike
Old 04-15-2003, 09:30 AM
Away

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Dr. Z

PS: You've got email Mike!
Old 06-26-2003, 09:00 AM
Contributing Member

Here's another case....
Old 06-26-2003, 11:55 AM

Originally posted by oly884
it also is eaiser for me because I can just drive up to their warehouse and talk to them.
Or maybe you could drive up there and rough 'em up for Dr. Z

That sucks that they're treating you like that. Its the same reason I am never going to deal with Holley Carburetors. Complete jerks when i actually talked to them, then they'd say call back, and after that, I never got through again, my number was probably blocked or something. I hope you can get your suspension sorted soon.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:37 PM

And five bucks for a catalogue?
Old 02-03-2005, 08:29 AM

crash and I quit going there years ago. Same kind of idea. Anytime something got messed up it was you pay for the shipping and we'll check it out. Most times they never did seem to find problems and blamed it on our installs or whatever. I got tired of having to pay for shipping so I just drove the hour and ahalf up there and talked to them in person and played b**ch. I let them know that if they didn't start giving better customer service I'd make a huge stink in their store and not get embarrased. Everyone in the store and around it would sure hear me roar. I think we got that last part replaced but after so many times of getting screwed we told them forget it, we'll take our money where it's appreciated for more then just the wallet it was going into.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Shane
No Warranties Or Returns... that just about sums it up
true says that right on my recipt for my motor mounts that i should of just built
Old 05-13-2009, 04:59 PM

Nwor

I just want to put a plug in for a great vendor I found on the internet:

NW Offroad Outfitters http://nw-offroad.com/index.html

They have the LOWEST prices on TrailGear stuff I have found, especially if you consider any purchase over $250 is free shipping. So if you're getting anything big and heavy, i.e. sliders, bumper, etc...get it from these guys.

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 07-31-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Vendor Name
Old 07-20-2010, 04:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
North west Off Road Specialties

Just have to air this beef with these guys.
Bought 2 complete sets of HD CV joint boots for the extreme cold weather operation here- currently getting 2 years out of new boots (oem included), anyway they duplicated one boot so on the second set I have 3 of one a 1 of another. Over 4 months and 4 calls later I have not achieved any satisfaction, they screwed the pooch on the order and refuse to send a replacement- I even offered to pay the freight if they suppied the boots. The best part is- on 8 boots, I was charged $50 shipping through USPS. Too bad, they have alot of unique products, this is one customer who is loyal to good service and to post this message just shows how pissed I am.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dfarr67
Just have to air this beef with these guys.
Bought 2 complete sets of HD CV joint boots for the extreme cold weather operation here- currently getting 2 years out of new boots (oem included), anyway they duplicated one boot so on the second set I have 3 of one a 1 of another. Over 4 months and 4 calls later I have not achieved any satisfaction, they screwed the pooch on the order and refuse to send a replacement- I even offered to pay the freight if they suppied the boots. The best part is- on 8 boots, I was charged $50 shipping through USPS. Too bad, they have alot of unique products, this is one customer who is loyal to good service and to post this message just shows how pissed I am.
Do a search on ANY Toyota truck forum and you will see why no one goes to them. I had issues with them years ago.

James
Old 07-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I quit buying from them years ago.
They have the worst customer service.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Contributing Member

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
Indeed. I put in one order from them and that was a freakin nightmare.