Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Les Schwab Tire Center

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Les Schwab Tire Center

I have been dealing with them since around 1988 or so I think.
Great customer service, they always come up to you almost as soon as you pull intro the parking lot.

My local center (I have five of them on the same street over a twenty mile stretch) I have dealt with since 1990 when I moved to Auburn.

Buying tires there always mean you get free tire rotation and flat fixes.
Heck, they even fix flats for free for non customers with tires they bought elsewhere.

It was time for my rotation (overdue actually) and they opened up at 8 am today, however I got there as the first customer around 7:40 am, and they took me right in.

I let them know the tires would probably need to be balanced as they had not been re-done since I bought them a few years ago.

No charge for rotation, but the paperwork said $49 for the balancing.
I did not look at the bottom of the invoice though, and as I was whipping out my plastic out of my wallet, she said no charge since I bought them there plus the wheels.

Darn good customer service, and this is why I continue to use them and no one else for my tire needs.

Oh, I did have them rotated last time at the Toyota dealership where I get the oil changed.
I did get charged there I think, plus they bitched about me not wanting an air gun to take the wheels off and on.

Plus mine need to be torqued to the spec by Toyota since they are aluminum wheels.

I have the Dick Cepek Mountaincats on here now which are the same as many other tires they carry by Dean, and the Toyo Open Countrys.
Probably all made in the same factories from what I have been told before.

When it comes time to replace these, I will probably go with the Toyo ones, as they seem to like them a little better.
Tread looks the same though.

Brakes were all good too, they check them at rotation too.

I use to rotate my own long ago, but why bother when they do it for free, plus other stuff too.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well being a les schwab employee I appreciate this and I'm glad your happy with our service I mean you are the reason! And toyos are a great tire they have a few factorys in the U.S mainly for les schwab since we sell 33% of the companys tires! dean was the last company to send their tires out of the country and alot of theirs are manufactured in mexico but they are also great tires.

Last edited by VANCE164; 03-06-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:51 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
I beg to differ Not to start an argument or anything, but I'd rather go through mom and pop shops rather than corporations... for example. I can get 4 33x10.50 R15 BFG Km2s off tire rack for 746.68 shipped to my door. and then take them to get balanced and rotated for 10 bucks a tire off auburn blvd. so for 786.68 I got a whole brand new set of tires. Of course that doesn't come with free rotations and other services. but I can do my own rotations in my drive way, it takes all about 15 minutes, if that. America's Tire wanted 906 dollars for a brand new set without warranties but that comes with free rotations and such. I originally wanted Maxxis Bighorns 33x12.50s and Les schwab wanted 1300-1400 bucks for a brand new set...
Old 03-12-2010, 09:39 AM

I swear I see you drive by my work alot Corey, I work at auburn south les Schwab. My tan runner is usually sitting out front ha
Old 03-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i got my tires at les schwab sure they cost a little more but there's two stores within a half hour drive from me nearest discount tire is a good 2-3hrs away

Last edited by Elton; 03-12-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:30 AM

I've been a fan of Lester for awhile...however the this time getting tires they were way outta budget (around 1.5x-2x more spendy). So I went to Big O...If i need any wheel/brake/alignment work though back to Lester for me...although I don't get the nifty discount I used to get at the one in Spokane...bastards!

Which one specifically did you goto Corey, I work near the one off of 26th NE and Auburn Way...
Old 03-12-2010, 10:39 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I dont pay for anything other then the rubber shipped to my door.

what ever happened to doing things and fixing things our self. Children don't have any one show them anything any more. Just take the car to the tire place.

Each experience grows into the next and knowledge is far more valuable then labor.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Originally Posted by yodercrawler55
I swear I see you drive by my work alot Corey, I work at auburn south les Schwab. My tan runner is usually sitting out front ha
I see your 4Runner every day at 2:25 PM
I am on my way home from work.
I always wondered if the owner was on the forum or not.
Originally Posted by Irish Death
Which one specifically did you goto Corey, I work near the one off of 26th NE and Auburn Way...
The one just North of the U-Haul center there on Auburn Way South.

Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
I dont pay for anything other then the rubber shipped to my door.

what ever happened to doing things and fixing things our self. Children don't have any one show them anything any more. Just take the car to the tire place.

Each experience grows into the next and knowledge is far more valuable then labor.
I use to change my tires myself all the time.
Now that I am an old fart, I let the younger ones do it
Plus it is free.
Why screw up my back in my driveway when they put it on a lift and get it done quicker than I can.

Last time I changed tires or rotated them was on the old rig, and that was a long time ago.
http://pnw4runners.com/tando/impact.mpg
Old 03-12-2010, 12:04 PM

I drive by the south one on the way home...live up passed the cashino

Maybe I'll have to start dealing with the south one a wee bit more often...
Old 03-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

I have been dealing with that store since 1991 when I moved to Auburn from Kent.
Before that, I dealt with the older shop down in Kent, not the brand new two story one.

Funny, I drive by four Les Schwab stores on my way into work.
I take Auburn Way South all the way into work, it takes me right to the driveway to turn into work.
Nice peaceful drive that time of the morning except for the drunks
I take 167 home though.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

PS...
yodercrawler55, say hello to your manager Bob for me.
I went through him for the two sets of Dick Cepek Mountain Cats I bought for the FJ.

I bought a nice torque wrench through him too, the same big ones you guys use.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:11 PM

2 words: Free Beef
Old 03-12-2010, 03:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I used schwabs ever since i bought my first car, up until i went to get some rims from them for the runner about 8 months ago. I went to my normal shop and talked to a guy who was the manager none the less, who absoutley refused to look up and give me a price on any other wheels than the ones they were running on sale. I specificly told him i was not interested in the ones with the little blue and red stripes around the wheel, but he insisted that i put them on and at least look at them. I asked him if he would he would check out a couple others in his catologs, and he got an attitude and tossed the book on the counter and said "good luck, you wont find what your looking for". i then went to the local ma an pa shop (which happens to be their main competion here) and they beat there price by $167.48, and i dont have the stupid blue and red lines on the wheels lol. Honestly though that is my only complaint, every other time, i had a great customer service, i guess you cant let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch, but is saved me $167.48
Old 03-12-2010, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Corey
Funny, I drive by four Les Schwab stores on my way into work.
I take Auburn Way South all the way into work, it takes me right to the driveway to turn into work.
Nice peaceful drive that time of the morning except for the drunks
I take 167 home though.
I only hit 2...most of my drive is auburn way like 99% of it...
I live about a mile away from auburn way south past the cashino and i take it to 30th and go about 1/2 block...
Old 03-12-2010, 03:39 PM

Will do Corey ha, yea if anybody on the forum is driving by auburn south and needs something just ask for Derek ha.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Derek, I must have just missed you.
I was down at 10:30 for an 11:00 front end alignment.

Was talking to the guy who aligned it as I was paying, and I asked if you were going to be in today, and he said you were just parking a few spots over from where he parked my rig.

When I went out you must have been inside already.

The rig has been handling like crap as of late with any wind when driving over 50 miles per hour on 167.
Even a 10 MPH burst of wind has effected me at freeway speeds.
Granted the roof top tent is up there, but it really has been twitchy as of late.
He said the alignment was off, so hopefully this corrects that.

Also need to pursue the new roof rack I want from BajaRacks to lower my tent down close to a foot.
That will really help freeway travel.

Looks like your rig needs a bath.
If I have the energy tomorrow morning, I am heading down to the coin-op off of A or C street that is down on the way to Algona I think.
Have to powerwash off all the tree spooge and winter dirt.

It is also weird seeing your rig drive away when they are road testing it.
You get a feel for what others see when they are behind you.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:06 PM

Yea I was in the back doing freight ha. Would have been nice to meet you, yea I was up in wilkison last night at a fire just playing. You could prob see that my front bumper was bent like no other, I was pushing my buddies jeep last night. My bumper should be mounted next week just redid my head gasket so I put that first. I'm just gonna pressure wash mine tommorrow at my house
Old 03-27-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
I beg to differ Not to start an argument or anything, but I'd rather go through mom and pop shops rather than corporations... for example. I can get 4 33x10.50 R15 BFG Km2s off tire rack for 746.68 shipped to my door. and then take them to get balanced and rotated for 10 bucks a tire off auburn blvd. so for 786.68 I got a whole brand new set of tires. Of course that doesn't come with free rotations and other services. but I can do my own rotations in my drive way, it takes all about 15 minutes, if that. America's Tire wanted 906 dollars for a brand new set without warranties but that comes with free rotations and such. I originally wanted Maxxis Bighorns 33x12.50s and Les schwab wanted 1300-1400 bucks for a brand new set...
Yea but les schwab isnt a big corporation and they take very good care of their employees for the most part so supporting them supports their employees that work hard and les schwab will warranty so many things that we really shouldnt just to keep the customers happy and coming back. and doing ur own flats at home wouldnt be all that easy just my .02.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:43 AM

Well I finally got the toyota back on the road for a month or soo, im installing a larger oil pump on my diesel soo you should see the runner parked in front all bobbed and what not. Still have alot to do on it ha
Old 08-26-2011, 11:42 AM

Love Les Schwab! When I bought my FJ60 I took it there and they checked all the tires for me and pumped them up, including taking off the spare and doing that too. The guy that worked there noticed that the wheels had special lugs on them, and I mentioned I didn't have the adaptor that fit them, so he gave me a brand new one for free! They have also fixed flats for me in the past for free, on both my work van and wifes car.
I was wondering how they are at all the more in-depth stuff, since I will need to get some work done on my bearings and then get the wheels aligned, but I will probably take it there for whatever I can since they have done so much for free.

Quick Reply: Les Schwab Tire Center