Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Arizona TPI - Fuel Injector Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arizona TPI - Fuel Injector Cleaning

Ok, with my 4Runner over the 200,000 mile mark and needing my injectors back in at least a day or in this case the same day, I found a company in the Phoenix, Arizona metro area. But first some pictures of the injectors before I droped them off:

All the rubber rings are dried out and one of the plastic tips on the engine side of the injectors was cracked and broken off. So with an interest in trying to keep my money local and being able to get them back ASAP...I called

ARIZONA TPI AKA PERFORMANCE EFI
717 S. HACIENDA DR. #104
TEMPE, AZ. 85281
(480) 921-2500
OWNER: Jeff Leland

They just called and said they were ready..no lie..I dropped them off around 10:30 am and it's now 2:29 pm. They are about a 20 mile drive from my house but having a local company is nice...I'm off to go get em...FINGERS Crossed!
Attached Images   

Last edited by snowshredder555; 01-21-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Now that you have the injectors back and installed, do you notice any difference on performance ?.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's sick. Thanks for sharing ill have to get mine done there
Old 01-23-2011, 09:14 AM

Injector Cleaning..

Originally Posted by myyota
Now that you have the injectors back and installed, do you notice any difference on performance ?.
I don't know yet. I worked on the 4Runner till about 11:30 on Friday and ended up breaking the TVSV at the back of the intake manifold. And the dealership isn't open that late...darn. Also, I had set up with AssyrianRocker (member here) a LOCKRIGHT install on Saturday. I tried to get the dealership and pick up the part but that didn't work out. So his 4Runner was the only one we worked on. He really likes the new LOCKRIGHT too. However,(on mine) I hope to get it all buttoned up today. I'll post later if all works out well.

Originally Posted by modlite
That's sick. Thanks for sharing ill have to get mine done there
You know, I really didn't expect him to get them done so dang quick...really nice that's he's local to us here and we at least have him as an option. To boot, he's a really nice guy. I know they're suppose to replace all the rubber seals and everything, but the bottom seals I didn't take in with me and he still put new one's on there. I have pictures to post of the after so I'll do that a little later as well.

Another note here, The reason I am doing this: The injector closest to the firewall on the drivers side was leaking from the seal at the fuel rail, and I figured since I was there, I'd take em' all out and handle it now. Total cost was $90.00 for all six injectors. So, the engine was running great and idled smooth enough for me, so I dont know if there's gonna be a discernable difference. I'll post the flow sheet he gave as well...but they were all flowing pretty good. Lowest injector was @ 94%...I only run Chevron gas and about once every six months, I SEAFOAM the engine and put a full bottle in the tank @ fill up...dont know if this has helped or not.

Thanks for the interest,

-Ted
Old 01-23-2011, 10:21 PM

Clean Injectors

Here are some pictures of the cleaned injectors when I picked them up and when I had them at home and out of the package.

As you can see they look darn near brand new. I didn't think they'd replaced the filter baskets because when I asked for the old pieces, Jeff went in the back and came to the front with just a handle full of pieces. But I checked em' all out before the install and they did.

More to come...

-Ted

Last edited by snowshredder555; 01-23-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:11 PM

Driving response and feel....

Now that I do have them installed:

Idle: Has really smoothed out..I didn't think it possible but it has...like a new engine.

Driving: No real increase in power, just feel's more linear through the power band. The power does come on alot smoother though.

Without having it on a dyno or a diagnostic computer, I can't say that there's any additional horsepower or torque. But to know that all the injectors are sealed and clean was worth it to me.

Hope this helps someone out who's on the fence about doing this. Oh yeah, the manual said to use gasoline on the o-rings as the lube to get them in and seated. I hadn't heard of this before and it made sense....but this was a big FAIL. I had 4 out of 6 injectors leak on the top at the fuelrail. Fortunately I had ordered extra o-rings and was able to use VASELINE to reseat all of them properly.

-Ted
Old 03-12-2011, 11:17 PM

Maybe this help some one....reason for the bump.

-Ted