Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Anybody have issues with Marlin Crawler shipping?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Anybody have issues with Marlin Crawler shipping?

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced issues with Marlin Crawler shipping? I placed an order on January 3rd for some tranny parts (in stock) and they still aren't here on January 18th. They gave me the FedEx tracking number and it seem to be sitting everywhere but my front porch!

-January 3rd - Shipment info sent to FedEx
-January 9th - Picked up by FedEx and departed from Fresno, CA
-January 10th - Arrived and departed from Sacramento, CA
-January 11th - Arrived and departed from North Salt Lake, UT
-January 15th - Arrived and departed Hagerstown, MD
-January 15th - Arrived at Martinsburg, WV (Smart Post)

It has been sitting in Martinsburg, WV for 3 days! I could have driven to CA and picked it up by now...

Now I know this package is going across the Country, but it's has taken 15 days already. I have ordered parts from LCE, Summit Racing, Low Range Off Road, Eastwood and Advance Auto Parts since I placed my order with Marlin Crawler and all that stuff has arrived and been installed already.

Apparently, Marlin Crawler uses FedEx Smart Post to ship their items which is a cooperative between FedEx and the USPS in order to provide lower shipping costs and expedited shipping. This would be great if the cost were actually lower and the package arrived in a moderately reasonable time.

I've looked on the web at other forums and there seem to be a lot of people pissed off at these shipping times but they were from a while back when a lot of employees at Marlin Crawler were "sick." I had planned to get my crossover steering and knuckle rebuild kit from them, but it looks like I'm going to WabFab for that now. These parts are holding me up on progress on my truck and although Marlin Crawler may have high quality parts, I'll never order from them again because of it. Some may say that it's not Marlin Crawler's fault, but they chose to use Smart Post and they knew there were complaints about it and never corrected it.

Just beware when ordering from them; if you need a part urgently, perhaps you should look elsewhere.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I had shipping issues from Trail Gear and Marlin , Ive also had an issue with Wabfab but it wanst his fault . His supplier was holding us up . With that being said I am a believer in supporting the small company's so I will continue to use Wabfab If i ever get enough money to order anything else . lol
Old 01-18-2013, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I thought I was the only one ! Ordered shift seat bushings on 1-10, p/u by FedEx on 1/10, took 4 days to get to Stockton then to Houston and 2 days to go another 80 miles.Estimated delivery is today 1/18 although the tracking site says allow 1-3 days.I know that marlin is not at fault but i would have paid $2-$3 more to have it delivered quicker.Next time I will look much closer at the shipping offers.Just proves you get what you pay for.Also following the tracking number there is a banner talking about different snow storms that shut down delivery to different parts of the country.This may have allot to contribute the length of time its taking.Just call me impatient Besides I am waiting for my red line shift boot to come from Italy! Oh Boy Italian leather in Burgundy At least another 50 hp. Just checked my mailbox and there is a box from marlin !

Last edited by lim50; 01-18-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kawazx636
Just wondering if anybody else has experienced issues with Marlin Crawler shipping? I placed an order on January 3rd for some tranny parts (in stock) and they still aren't here on January 18th. They gave me the FedEx tracking number and it seem to be sitting everywhere but my front porch!

-January 3rd - Shipment info sent to FedEx
-January 9th - Picked up by FedEx and departed from Fresno, CA
-January 10th - Arrived and departed from Sacramento, CA
-January 11th - Arrived and departed from North Salt Lake, UT
-January 15th - Arrived and departed Hagerstown, MD
-January 15th - Arrived at Martinsburg, WV (Smart Post)

It has been sitting in Martinsburg, WV for 3 days! I could have driven to CA and picked it up by now...

Now I know this package is going across the Country, but it's has taken 15 days already. I have ordered parts from LCE, Summit Racing, Low Range Off Road, Eastwood and Advance Auto Parts since I placed my order with Marlin Crawler and all that stuff has arrived and been installed already.

Apparently, Marlin Crawler uses FedEx Smart Post to ship their items which is a cooperative between FedEx and the USPS in order to provide lower shipping costs and expedited shipping. This would be great if the cost were actually lower and the package arrived in a moderately reasonable time.

I've looked on the web at other forums and there seem to be a lot of people pissed off at these shipping times but they were from a while back when a lot of employees at Marlin Crawler were "sick." I had planned to get my crossover steering and knuckle rebuild kit from them, but it looks like I'm going to WabFab for that now. These parts are holding me up on progress on my truck and although Marlin Crawler may have high quality parts, I'll never order from them again because of it. Some may say that it's not Marlin Crawler's fault, but they chose to use Smart Post and they knew there were complaints about it and never corrected it.

Just beware when ordering from them; if you need a part urgently, perhaps you should look elsewhere.
You've lost me in your ramblings...How is this marlin's fault? If the parts were so importiant, why not buy up for the faster shipping? I think this is just plain common sense.

Smart post is where things are going...right, wrong or indifferent. So, your misguided anger should be at UPS, FedEx and USPS...not Marlin.

I think we have found our next...
Old 01-18-2013, 11:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by snobdds
You've lost me in your ramblings...How is this marlin's fault? If the parts were so importiant, why not buy up for the faster shipping? I think this is just plain common sense.

Smart post is where things are going...right, wrong or indifferent. So, your misguided anger should be at UPS, FedEx and USPS...not Marlin.

I think we have found our next...
Id be mad too. Marlin shipped it...it's thier fault.

Why chime in to degrade someone for no reason?

Thats creating drama...shall we say a drama mama?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:57 AM

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Once the shipping company picks up the order, it's out of Marlin's hands, and not their fault. Any good company would still take responsibility for it, but once it leaves their hands, what can they do?

If they hadn't shipped it yet, that would be a whole different deal. The fact that FedEx has it but hasn't yet delivered it is completely a FedEx deal.

I've had mixed experiences with Marlin. But I've always found that if you call them, you get great service. I think in some senses they're going through some long, drawn out growing pains, and haven't caught up to themselves yet. It's not as though they're some giant warehouse shipping company of offroad parts. They're fairly small still.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by HighLux

Why chime in to degrade someone for no reason?

Thats creating drama...shall we say a drama mama?
Again...

Ready, Fire, Aim.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by 83
Once the shipping company picks up the order, it's out of Marlin's hands, and not their fault. Any good company would still take responsibility for it, but once it leaves their hands, what can they do?

If they hadn't shipped it yet, that would be a whole different deal. The fact that FedEx has it but hasn't yet delivered it is completely a FedEx deal.
Exactly correct. Well said.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything shipped smart post takes forever! Never ship smart post! What likely is happening is it is now in the USPS hands and their tracking isn't great. I have had smart post take a month to get to Alaska.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:18 PM

Worked at UPS for a few years and Ide blame the currier over the shipper(Marlin), tho I would put the blame on the company for choosing such a poor Currier! Not trying to add to the drama with this post just adding my two sence to that comment

PS after working at UPS ive learned things must be packaged really well. Trust me
Old 01-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
what support did Marlin offer when you contacted them? I know they are closed Friday, saturday and Sunday.
What did Fed Ex say?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by snobdds
Again...

Ready, Fire, Aim.

again....drama mama jumping on the innocent.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Peanut gallery:
Keep your comments relative
Old 01-18-2013, 03:07 PM

In my opinion...its on Marlin still.

To blame it on the carrier is just passing the buck.

A responsible businessman follows the sale to completion.

When a large hardwood or tile order is late...I dont tell my customer...

"oh it's UPS's fault" I apologize and do whatever it takes to maintain
the trust of the customer.

Take it the complete other direction...like when I had an issue with 22re performance...they sent my stuff for free. Ill buy again. Stand up.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:24 PM

In my opinion...its on Marlin still.

When a large hardwood or tile order is late...I dont tell my customer...

"oh it's UPS's fault" I apologize and do whatever it takes to maintain
the trust of the customer.
What would you tell the customer who paid for the shipping of the hardwood and it came late? Cant just be Oh Im sorry? I do agree that you, at that point have to do something about the issue as a business but the reasoning behind the late delivery is because of the Currier. Ide point out the Currier's wrong doing but not just sit there and blame them. Only thing you could really do at that point is refund shipping costs or discount future items

Marlin is a great guy. Send Marlin an email along with Big Mike (can get their email from their site) and trust me they will call you and do whatever it takes to help you out. Dont call them because they will not transfer you to either of those guys, but soon as they see your frustration from an email... They will get hold of you, trust me Ive been there with them and they took amazing care of me and sure they will do the same for you
Old 01-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

That's what I'm getting at. From what I've heard from other customers they have had problems with shipping before. A good company will take actions to correct the problem so while Smart Post suck, I STILL blame Marlin Crawler for using such ˟˟˟˟˟ service. FedEx Smart Post is garbage and there is no telling when you'll get your package. I upgrade the shipping to FedEx (my options were USPS, FedEx, FedEx 3Day and FedEx Next Day) figuring it would get here a little quicker than USPS, but apparently "FedEx" means Smart Post. Had I known that, I would have done things differently. In my opinion, if They are going to use Smart Post then it should be listed CLEARLY on the shipping options.

Snobdds, go eFF yourself
Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 PM

Oh by no means am I knocking Marlin. Wasnt meant to sound like that.
As a matter of fact Im pretty close to popping for a new trans from them for the 87. (yes I know it take 6 weeks or so.)

I focus my attention on who got my money. If he called Marlin...they can contact the shipping company and put the heat on them.

I plan my work schedule around materials arriving...so if something doesnt show up on time I lose money. So I tend to stay on top of stuff like that.
I also know a well placed phone call can get the torch under some butts and make stuff happen. Starting a fire at the shipping company wont do anything...but starting one at the company that spends alot of money with them will.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

I agree HighLux completely but apparent Smart Post is such a cluster **** that nothing can ever get solved. Public combine with private shipping plus FedEx's more advanced technology vs USPS "we'll ship anything that has something that kind of looks like an address" mentality and caveman mail sorting. For example, a guy in my office (I work for the County here) does all the mail routes for USPS... ON PAPER! And other counties across the nation provide the same service to the USPS. Meanwhile, extensive algorithyms are used by all other shipping companies to ship packages quicker and more effeciently. Can you see the problems with mixing the two?

It's had its problems from the onset, it'll never work and companies should realize this if they want to keep their customers happy.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:56 PM

I focus my attention on who got my money. If he called Marlin...they can contact the shipping company and put the heat on them.
always fun putting the heat on the Currier. they are always clueless it seems tho I dont really blame them since all they do is work in an office not physicaly moving the packages. Can take weeks for issues to resolve through them. always turns into fun conversations thats for sure
Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by kawazx636
Snobdds, go eFF yourself
Saved for prosperity...