Notices
Vendor Advertising Vendor's, use this area to alert members to your OEM & Aftermarket Toyota parts

5VZ-FE 4-hole upgrade injectors -free-

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 08:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5VZ-FE 4-hole upgrade injectors -free-

Hello Yotatech.

the toyota nation has been very very good to me. i thank all of you. i have been selling toyota upgrade injectors for a few years now and after selling about a 1,500 sets of upgrade injectors for the 22RE and 3VZE, i am branching out.

i will be bringing to market a new injector option for the 94-05 5VZ-FE engine. i am now ready to have them tested and evaluated by my fellow Yotatech members. these are OEM Denso injectors and they flow about 3% more than the 95-98 stock injectors and they flow the same as the 99-04 stock brown injectors. these injectors have the updated 4-hole Denso spray pattern that toyota chose to use in the 2005-2009 2UZ-FE engines in the Tundra and other applications.

i am still working on getting the videos edited. its a very slow process. and i'm tired of waiting. there will be more video to come. someday. maybe.

if you are a toyota technician and are interested in evaluating a set, send me a PM.

FT

the middle injector is our upgrade injector. the injector on the right is a stock injector from a 95-98 5VZ-FE evgine. the middle and right injectors are putting out the same amount of fuel. the weird phasing in and out is the frame rate of the video vs the cycle speed of the injector tester. you can see the difference in droplet size while it is running at factory fuel pressure (43.5 psi).

Last edited by Flame Thrower; 01-12-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:13 PM

I'm not sure I understand the benefit?

Sent from my iPhone using YotaTech
Old 01-09-2015, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Robb235
I'm not sure I understand the benefit?

it's the same story as my other Toyota upgrade injectors. a better spray pattern, a more consistent injector, more resistant to deposits, and a great price.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:16 PM
FormerVendor

vital22re gets a set.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pm sent
Old 01-10-2015, 12:07 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

I also would like to know the real world benefits??

As I got asked to not come back to school after 5th grade I know my lack of education shows all to well.

I use a 2000 Tacoma loaded with any where from 500 to 2000 pounds pulling another 3000 pounds.

Anything to help me get better fuel economy would be great.

I would buy them up front the only way I could give a unbiased evaluation .

Then I really doubt I have the time to do a proper one in any case.

Best of luck.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:08 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wyoming9
I also would like to know the real world benefits??

As I got asked to not come back to school after 5th grade I know my lack of education shows all to well.

I use a 2000 Tacoma loaded with any where from 500 to 2000 pounds pulling another 3000 pounds.

Anything to help me get better fuel economy would be great.

I would buy them up front the only way I could give a unbiased evaluation .

Then I really doubt I have the time to do a proper one in any case.

Best of luck.
ok. here goes. these injectors are much more consistent in overall measured flow than the stock units. your stock Denso units are all over the place in flow and spray pattern, it's just how they are. especially the earlier metal-bodied injectors used from 95-98. it's difficult to get a set of 6 that flows within 3% of each other.

then there is the spray pattern. these upgrade injectors have a nice modern 4 hole vectored pattern. this same spray pattern that Denso started producing for the 1999 model year was used widely by toyota in the Corolla, Camry, Tundra, 4runner and Highlander. and if it's good enough for toyota to use up through the 2009 model year, it's an excellent piece of work. being able to retrofit later injectors into your 5vzfe engine is a win-win.

the injector's job is to give you the finest mist of fuel you can get. and these injectors do an excellent job of that. it's not voodoo, it's science. fuel can only burn when mixed with air. the more complete the mix at the time of combustion, the better it burns, the higher your cylinder pressure, the bigger the bang and the better your fuel mileage

this generation of Denso injectors was used all over the world by every major manufacturer, and that's no fluke. toyota used the stock 5vzfe 'air tip' design for a long time. really nobody else did and that's not a fluke either. they are an inferior design by comparison.

these upgrade injectors are very deposit resistant. they have low current draw. and they are very quiet.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:04 AM

Did a little Googling, and it seems like this is a popular mod among the Jeep crowd. Some of them claim to see an increase in MPGs. Whether this is truly due to switching to the 4 hole design, or simply because they've swapped out dirty old injectors is up for debate.

Curious, do you have any 4 hole injectors that flow the same as the green top Supra injectors (the ones from the 7mge)? They flow around 315cc.

Old 01-10-2015, 03:14 AM
FormerVendor

Did a little Googling, and it seems like this is a popular mod among the Jeep crowd. Some of them claim to see an increase in MPGs. Whether this is truly due to switching to the 4 hole design, or simply because they've swapped out dirty old injectors is up for debate.

Curious, do you have any 4 hole injectors that flow the same as the green top Supra injectors (the ones from the 7mge)? They flow around 315cc.

yep. that is what i do (at least that you know of). i sell upgrade fuel injectors for jeeps, toyotas, land rovers, and soon boat engines. i sell several thousand sets a year.

and yes, i have some for that application.
http://www.witchhunter.com/flowdatapix/b0280155831.jpg
Old 01-10-2015, 04:33 AM

Looking at my 315cc green top injectors, it looks like it already has 4 holes. I guess there's no need for me to upgrade then?

5VZ-FE 4-hole upgrade injectors -free--image-2708910671.jpg

Old 01-10-2015, 04:38 AM

Interesting thread, if I need a set of injectors for my 1997 4R, I will consider this.....the "discussion" was actually helpful in understanding what can or would be achieved or theoretically achieved.

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2015, 10:16 AM
FormerVendor

PM sent
Old 01-10-2015, 02:31 PM

There might be something to this "4 hole injector upgrade". I'm no expert on the subject, but check out this YouTube video I found:

I have no idea what the stock 5vz injector spray pattern looks like, but if it looks anything like the injectors on the right, I'd say there's definite room for improvement. What gets me is the number of guys on the Jeep boards with positive feedback, that's there's gotta be something to it. But like I said, I'm no expert on fuel injectors...
Old 01-11-2015, 03:21 AM
FormerVendor

Corey Barlow gets a set.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:20 AM

Good morning guys. I setup a little home experiment in the kitchen this morning to see what the flow pattern of the green top 315cc injectors looks like. As you can see, it's super scientific, as I've basically just cut a hole in the top of an empty Powerade bottle, shoved a fuel injector in it, and then pushed Techron fuel system cleaner through the injector with a syringe.

What you can see is that this injector shoots two very narrow streams of liquid that, to me, do not seem to be very well atomized. I'd be very interested to see if Flame Thrower is able to post a video showing what the spray pattern of his injectors looks like. I'm thinking more and more that there probably is something to be gained with a more atomized injector spray.

Last edited by Robb235; 01-11-2015 at 04:24 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:29 AM
FormerVendor

they have the same 4-hole pattern that the orange injectors in the video above have. they are both of the same generation of Bosch type 3.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:26 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good morning guys. I setup a little home experiment in the kitchen this morning to see what the flow pattern of the green top 315cc injectors looks like. As you can see, it's super scientific, as I've basically just cut a hole in the top of an empty Powerade bottle, shoved a fuel injector in it, and then pushed Techron fuel system cleaner through the injector with a syringe.

What you can see is that this injector shoots two very narrow streams of liquid that, to me, do not seem to be very well atomized. I'd be very interested to see if Flame Thrower is able to post a video showing what the spray pattern of his injectors looks like. I'm thinking more and more that there probably is something to be gained with a more atomized injector spray.

"Green Top" 315cc 7MGE Injector Spray Pattern - YouTube
While it is great to test things for yourself a note on that test is that injector atomization is directly proportional to fuel pressure. Any injector tested with no fuel pressure will have bad atomization.

As a rule, the higher the pressure the better the atomization. This goes for any kind of nozzle. Like a water bottle, if you squeeze it real slow the fluid will leave in a stream/droplets. Pull it faster (aka, more pressure) and it leaves in a mist.

Those injectors that have split streams are usually designed to spray the fuel directly onto the back of the intake valve for optimal atomization as that is how the engine is tuned.

If you hooked the injector up to a fuel pump at 40psi+ it would look a bit different.

For the record his injectors work and they will have a better spray pattern, that is not up for debate. The effect said pattern will have on real world performance over a set of freshly cleaned stock injectors on the other hand is.

Last edited by Texas_Ace; 01-11-2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:45 PM

Here is feedback from a happy customer....

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyot...r-install.html

If I ever need to change my injectors, I try these.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:13 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

I also grant these injectors would be a vast improvement over stock injectors on a neglected 3.4 only because they are new !!

I would love to have two identical Trucks one with a new set of Toyota Injectors for the vintage of the engine.

The other fitted with the Flame Thrower injectors .

Keeping careful records alternate weeks of driving.

No doubt have real time scanner data logged for all engine hours in each vehicle. For a Year.

This is the only way I know how to evaluate this in the real world.

In the past I have been given products from companies that are hand picked I decline and buy one off the shelf and write my review on one the person off the street might end up with.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Anyone that wouldn't want an update, new set of injectors that work even the slightest bit better would be foolish. Balancing the cost is up to the person. If you want to test a set, then buy them and then at least you could blather from a point of first hand knowledge instead of just sounding like a whiner.

I'd be in on a set for sure but mine may not be on the road for another 6 months until the 3 link is in among other things.

Last edited by dropzone; 01-16-2015 at 02:28 AM. Reason: removed a moderated quote

Quick Reply: 5VZ-FE 4-hole upgrade injectors -free-