Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simple blazeland question/suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple blazeland question/suggestions

Okay to start off, I'm pretty new to the off roading scene. I've owned my 1990 pickup for about half a year now, and have taken it off road with a few guys from work who all have expensive jeeps. I've decided to step my game up and go with blazeland long travel setup, and coilovers to go along with it. I'm decently mechanically included, but because I'm new to the off roading scene, I have some questions that I have had trouble finding answers to.
​​​​How much travel does the blazeland kit give?
What coilovers do you suggest I go with? (I've been looking at King coilovers, but I don't need anything too extreme)
What options do you suggest I get with my coilovers?
I'm basically looking for basic info so I know what I need my coilovers to be capable of. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!
​​​​​
Old 10-27-2016, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm running Blazeland with torsion bars. As far as I'm concerned it's pretty darn good. I use my rig as a hunting / camping truck. IV gotten pretty rough with it and so far only broke the idler arm.
I met Nate (the owner and builder )of Blazeland and he's very knowledgeable of what he builds. I recommend you email him. He's on here. Wheel travel.......it's about 11 to 13 inches or something like that. Let me know if you have more questions
Old 10-27-2016, 07:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I suggest you go with the torsion bars and save the money for other things. The rear will need to be brought up to speed to keep up with the front. I also suggest to totally get rid of the front sway bars. IV ran mine with and without sway bars. Get rid of them. Also, get the OME or Sway away torsion bars like Nate suggests. Get an upgraded idler arm because it will break. These are all just things to factor in on total price. Oh yea, going cheep on ball joints is a no no. Either use Toyota or something aftermarket that's brand name. It's a lot of work but I felt it was worth it.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trents3.slow
I suggest you go with the torsion bars and save the money for other things. The rear will need to be brought up to speed to keep up with the front. I also suggest to totally get rid of the front sway bars. IV ran mine with and without sway bars. Get rid of them. Also, get the OME or Sway away torsion bars like Nate suggests. Get an upgraded idler arm because it will break. These are all just things to factor in on total price. Oh yea, going cheep on ball joints is a no no. Either use Toyota or something aftermarket that's brand name. It's a lot of work but I felt it was worth it.
I'll be putting Chevy 63 inch leafs in the rear. Already have those set aside. I have a new sway away torsion bar with custom made quick disconnects that will go on the blazeland setup.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
like he said save the coin from the coilovers and put it towards other things, a locker and a good set of shocks to start out will do wonders for capability
Old 12-01-2016, 02:34 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
If he wants coils, why not let him buy them? He'd most likely end up getting them down the road if he wants them now, so might as well do it the 1st time.

I'm on the side of maybe suggesting you think about investing in "other things" and possibly even before you even go with the LT. If you make the truck capable of tackling more challenging terrain with a LT kit or SAS, you will likely notice quickly where you're lacking all the "other" things that most built rigs feature - Oh that wonderful chain of upgrades that burn holes in wallets

If we're just talking about keeping up with some Heeps, I think you'd be surprised what a stock vehicle can do when you give it better tires and lock the F/R axles, open diffs is a major disadvantage. You'd definitely lack ground clearance and likely get hung up, but since you're locked in I'd get some armor to slide that baby over everything Then next year you install the LT kit and you already have the "other" to support it and next you might consider some flop/roll protection - soo many rigs I hear about with fresh mods, driver overconfident and flop goes the A-pillar, ouch.